IGNORED

Bournemouth (Away) Sunday September 15th

markjazzbassist

The dreaded international break.  You hope and pray everyone comes back healthy.  It’s gotta be the same team that started against wolves for me.  Positive result and they deserve another run out.  They are weak at the back and midfield in my opinion.  They will play to win which favors us.  3 points is what I expect, they are a lower half side and if we expect Europe we need to expect wins in these matches.

Pickford

coleman keane Mina digne

Gomes delph

richarlison gylfi Iwobi

Kean

On 01/09/2019 at 19:45, markjazzbassist said:

The dreaded international break.  You hope and pray everyone comes back healthy.  It’s gotta be the same team that started against wolves for me.  Positive result and they deserve another run out.  They are weak at the back and midfield in my opinion.  They will play to win which favors us.  3 points is what I expect, they are a lower half side and if we expect Europe we need to expect wins in these matches.

Pickford

coleman keane Mina digne

Gomes delph

richarlison gylfi Iwobi

Kean

Only change I would make from this is sub Gylfi ( just to give him a small timeout) and put Matts dad in. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I can understand the reason behind that but I would have thought Davies could have been given the opportunity, after his England exploits his confidence must be soaring, and he did play the holding MF role.  

For the u21.  Kenny lookman and many others of ours looked like world beaters in the u21 World Cup and loook at them now.  Foreign league hoping to find their footing.  Very few academy players make it to the first team and then even fewer become regular starters.  He’s a hometown hero which is great but I just don’t see a place for him in this side.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

For the u21.  Kenny lookman and many others of ours looked like world beaters in the u21 World Cup and loook at them now.  Foreign league hoping to find their footing.  Very few academy players make it to the first team and then even fewer become regular starters.  He’s a hometown hero which is great but I just don’t see a place for him in this side.

That’s fair enough after all it’s a game of opinions, having said that I think you will find many will do. 

Looking back over the last 2 seasons he comes out of them looking very good when he played, a lot more pluses than minuses even a couple of Motm votes. 

The lad isn’t finished here he’s got a big future a head of him at this club, Silva doesn’t want to go the way of his predecessors and be in fear of putting the youngsters in because he’s scared of results, as we’ve witnessed some of the senior players are more prone to let us down so should we keep persisting with them. 

I know it’s only conjecture but if it was true that Schneiderlin was pairing up with Delph I would much rather see Davies. 

It may be foolhardy but I am confident about getting the result tomorrow. Bournemouth leak chances and whilst they can create themselves, if we actually turn up and put in a professional performance, we should have enough to win the game and win well enough. This will be a great opportunity for Kean to break his duck if he starts.

There is mention of Gomes being dropped and I wouldn't be completely against this. He was terrible in our last away game at Villa and he has that hit or miss element about him. The difficulty is that we don't really have that player on the bench to come in and take his place. In the future that might Gbamin but we have Davies and Schneiderlin. We could play Siggy deeper but we are away from home at a side that will beat us if we don't respect them. It might be the case that we do play Schneiderlin and Delph to control that midfield and pen them in and build pressure but there wouldn't be enough movement in midfield for my liking whereas I feel we would be too open with Davies and Delph together.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

We are undefeated in 2019 when playing on Sunday.  Long may it continue.  We could go 3rd if we win.  Big match, these are the types of games we need to win if we wanna be top 6

Here we go again we could go third but what happens,  we get nose bleeds if we go too high and end up waving the white flag. 2-1 to Bournemouth. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.