IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Saturday October 5th

markjazzbassist

I'm neither pro nor anti-Silva but I wouldn't jump up and down about him being sacked after tonight. Unfortunately football is a results based business and we've had a fairly easy start to the campaign yet sit 17th with four defeats on the bounce. You'd be half sympathetic if we looked decent but apart from the opening five minutes we've created the square root of fuck all.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Needed to be for Schneiderlin.

Not really, had Schneiderlin come off for a striker we'd have had just one in the centre of midfield which is insane. With 10 men swapping the two strikers is the logical, if uninspiring solution. 

5 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Isn’t it international break after today? Could happen tonight 

Yes - it's the most likely time for a sacking really. Gives the new (or caretaker) manager that extra week to work with the players.

I've been a backer of Silva, but the results speak for themselves. Simply not good enough given the squad we have. Frustrating, because if we sack him then we'll have to start all over again for the 4th time in 5-6 years.

My biggest fear is that we'll lose Digne, Richy, et al, if we don't at least finish in the top half. Our schedule to start this season was kind, and we haven't taken advantage of that.

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

That sounds pretty, but your option of playing one man in the middle of the park when 1-0 and a man down is ridiculous in the extreme. 

And what we did had a great impact on the game didn't it? "Let's make sure we keep them down to one lads!" Mission accomplished.