IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Saturday October 5th

markjazzbassist

Just now, memmaclub2 said:

I agree but I think that applies to board to picking managers who they think can go on a journey. I don;t want a journey I want results.

I said it before but IF we change managers we need to look to a winner. Leicester, West Ham and even Newcastle under Rafa has shown that they are available. 

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

not good.  i was right on iwoeful, he is just that.  missed a sitter, kept skying crosses.  he's yet another arsenal castoff we shouldn't have bought (looking at you walcott).  Mina looks better every game, he is proving to be a good buy.  

Yeah and Gylfi was excellent again, Iwobi wasn’t our worse player and he contributed more than Gylfi who we didn’t miss when we went down to ten, in fact we looked better for him going off. 
I think it maybe time to change your picture 😜

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Iwobi wasn't a prolific goal scorer at Arsenal and he sure as hell won't be one here. Our major downfall is that we are completely impotent in front of goal. If Richarlison or Sigurdsson don't score then Everton don't score.

I never wanted Iwobi when we signed him and I'll support him whilst he is here but I won't shed a tear if he is to move on again.

Our problems are abundantly clear. We need a striker who can hit on the break and we need another striker who can bully dogged defences at corners/free kicks.

Our defence is slow and not suited to attacking football, we need more athletic centre defenders

It's not as simple as that in my opinion. Regardless of how much you rate DCL, Kean or Tosun, we simply dont create enough chances. We have missed some sitters, and I dont deny that these three can do more, but its not even like they get 1 chance a game.

I thought the most telling part about today was how we improved when we went down to 10 men. We actually passed the ball better through midfield (not that hard I admit) and we had Delph moving forward with the ball, Richarlison became more involved and Iwobi also found more space in the centre. As an example, with Richarlison able to cut inside, Sidibe made 4 more passes in the final third than Coleman.

By my calculation Siggy made 4 forward passes when he was on the pitch and DCL made 3 all game.

Kean made 4 passes in the time he was on and Gomes made 2 forward passes in the few minutes he was on.

That tells you two things, firstly that we arent very good at getting the ball into our front men, but also that they aren't very good at getting in space and then when they do get on the ball, they are doing nothing with it. Its a massive waste having your most creative player in the most congested area of the pitch with his back to goal. I just don't understand it.

5 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

DCL was brought in as a winger and has been converted to a striker due to his physique. It clearly hasn't worked and I think he is best suited on the wing where he can bully a full back all match and be an out ball. I'd rather Richarlison play up top.

We are getting beat by teams that sit deep and then hit us on the counter. We expose ourselves by having rampaging fullbacks and a pair of centre backs who get turned on the half way line and have no chance of recovery. If you are going to hold a high line then your defenders need to be experts at recovery runs. With our defence we might as well sit deep ourselves, surrender possession and look to counter with the pace that is in our front line.

I'm not sure about DCL, I think he was always expected to be a striker but I agree with the rest.

23 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Any manager who puts Everton into the bottom 3 after 10 games should be shown the door.

As well as that I think someone needs to get a hold of Moshiri and explain to him how football works because throwing good money after bad doesn't work

We're in the bottom four after playing mostly bottom half teams. I don't want to think about where we'll be after playing the better teams in the league.

9 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

DCL was brought in as a winger and has been converted to a striker due to his physique. 

He played as a striker for Sheff Utd youth teams, on loan at Northampton and for the England youth sides so I'm not sure that's true. Richarlison can't handle the physical side of the game playing CF. 

Just now, Isaiah said:

Is it true that Everton have never come from behind to win under Marco Silva? Someone mentioned it on Twitter. Very damning statistic if so, show's the level of fight we have as a team.

I believe so; and it shows. We could get scored on just after halftime and it feels like 90+ mins of stoppage time.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not for a moment making excuses but was there not a case for VAR on their goal when Tarkowski plainly obstructed Morgan? Think MJB mentioned it at the time.

Not sure it would have made a difference to be honest. That type of blocking is commonplace in the penalty box. Id imagine you will see it in some capacity on every corner.

I'll get slammed for this comment, but I would be happy to see Unsworth be given the job until the end of the year. He knows and loves the club, he knows the players and they respect him, and I personally thought he twice did a decent job holding the fort between managers. I've lost all hope in Silva, I confess: He's like a deer in the headlights right now, and we shouldn't rush the next managerial appointment. Give Unsworth the chance, with more time this time around, and see how it goes. He's likely to be a big improvement on what we're currently experiencing.

We have good players (bar a couple): Brands has done a good job. I can see better ways to use our players, and so can plenty here. It really isn't the players right now - except for lack of confidence and motivation, and that comes from the manager.