IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Saturday October 5th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Wonder if they're gonna trot Dan Meis out to put some new stadium images up to pacify the fans 

Honestly, all of the PR, marketing and design teams involved with the club can take a breather until we appoint a new manager. I don't care about training videos and icymi clips of away losses. 

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Not sure it would have made a difference to be honest. That type of blocking is commonplace in the penalty box. Id imagine you will see it in some capacity on every corner.

But surely it's that sort of thing that VAR was brought in to eliminate? Taken to the extreme you have the England/Panama match in the World Cup last year when the Panama defence was guilty of blatant (and far more obvious) rule breaking time after time. Just because it's "commonplace" doesn't mean it should be allowed does it? It'd soon stop if the rules were properly applied.

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I think nutmegwolf is right with DCL. He's played a couple of positions from being young so there's that. In my opinion though he isn't suited to playing the sole centre forward. We would be better served by having Richarlison hovering around him searching for knockdowns

Yeah maybe. I think DCL and Kean could work well. Our problem is that we haven't got the right mix of players for any system. We haven't got the quality all round midfielders to play 4-4-2, we haven't got the CBs to play 3-5-2. It's a fudge to get Sigurdsson in plus two wingers. And it still doesn't work because we don't have a good enough lone striker. It's just a mess really. 

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But surely it's that sort of thing that VAR was brought in to eliminate? Taken to the extreme you have the England/Panama match in the World Cup last year when the Panama defence was guilty of blatant (and far more obvious) rule breaking time after time. Just because it's "commonplace" doesn't mean it should be allowed does it? It'd soon stop if the rules were properly applied.

To be perfectly honest with you Mike, I am not sure what VAR has been brought in to do!

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'll get slammed for this comment, but I would be happy to see Unsworth be given the job until the end of the year. He knows and loves the club, he knows the players and they respect him, and I personally thought he twice did a decent job holding the fort between managers. I've lost all hope in Silva, I confess: He's like a deer in the headlights right now, and we shouldn't rush the next managerial appointment. Give Unsworth the chance, with more time this time around, and see how it goes. He's likely to be a big improvement on what we're currently experiencing.

We have good players (bar a couple): Brands has done a good job. I can see better ways to use our players, and so can plenty here. It really isn't the players right now - except for lack of confidence and motivation, and that comes from the manager.

I agree wholeheartedly

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

Is it true that Everton have never come from behind to win under Marco Silva? Someone mentioned it on Twitter. Very damning statistic if so, show's the level of fight we have as a team.

Last time we did Silva was at the helm of the opposition... 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I agree wholeheartedly

I don't. Unsworth got a chance for a few games and didn't do well. Also I don't buy the "He knows the players". He doesn't. There are very few academy players in our first team. We made massive changes to the playing staff in the last couple of seasons, surely Silva knows them better. We have to act now, no reason to wait till the end of the season before we sign a proper manager. As soon as we fix this mess the better, otherwise we might get relegated. Yes, that can happen.

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

I don't know what you guys were watching when he was in charge for that brief period two seasons ago. It wasn't pretty.

and managers don't ever get a second chance?  cancel culture is pervading sport now.  most managers fail at many of their jobs, they still get hired and win things (Conte, Mou, Klopp, etc), Unsy has had more time to learn and grow and work with Brands et al.  I"m not saying make him permanent, but there aren't many good managers out there, least of whom would want this gig, Unsy can get us to summer and who knows, maybe surprise us all and show how much he's grown and knock it out and get the job full time.  i'd rather him than benitez, mou, wenger, etc

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

and managers don't ever get a second chance?  cancel culture is pervading sport now.  most managers fail at many of their jobs, they still get hired and win things (Conte, Mou, Klopp, etc), Unsy has had more time to learn and grow and work with Brands et al.  I"m not saying make him permanent, but there aren't many good managers out there, least of whom would want this gig, Unsy can get us to summer and who knows, maybe surprise us all and show how much he's grown and knock it out and get the job full time.  i'd rather him than benitez, mou, wenger, etc

Mate, that is simply not enough. He might surprise us, but chances are he won't. He must go out for a managerial role somewhere else and show us what he can do first. Meanwhile we should be signing a manager with solid background and trophies in his cabinet.

37 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Trust me, I wanted him to succeed. If he would have been able to go on a run of good form, he probably gets the job for the remainder of that season and we avoid the whole Sam Allardyce era. I just didn't see anything that suggests he has any real ideas. I would also say that there is something wrong with Everton's player development program, though I don't know how much Unsy is to blame. But we haven't integrated an academy product in ages. (We thought we may have had something with Davies and Holgate but both have stagnated.) 

Guys... nobody saw what Unsworths managerial skills were like, he was a caretaker manager, just picking 11 players until we got a new manager. 

Players get a lot more time than that to show what they can do. Writing someone off after 4 matches was it?....  

just checked... won two lost two in the premier. But I couldn’t even credit him for that as he was only given a restricted role. 

Haven't bothered to read through this thread before posting my own thoughts, so I may be repeating what others have said.

Silva is causing himself problems but I'm going to focus on the players with this post.

Coleman should be embarrassed and ashamed of himself. Our captain showed he's a brainless fucking oaf. His stupidity to do what he did should see him fined. Digne has fucking forgotten how to deliver a good ball (that seems to happen to everyone who has a good delivery and plays for us). I actually would prefer to see Schneiderlin be our one holding midfielder and jettison Delph into oblivion. That lad is just the English Gravesen but with less ability. Tommy could fist pump with the best of them. Oh but Delph has won league championships! It's abundantly clear he was tiniest fucking cog of all in that success. Go away. I feel sorry as anything for DCL (or Kean) for having Sigurdsson as their supporting player. HAHAHAHA supporting and Sigurdsson has got to be the biggest oxymoron going. That fella is getting paid a fortune to model an invisibility cloak on match days. He can go away too. Iceland, Timbuktu, Guatemala... I really don't give a shit.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Guys... nobody saw what Unsworths managerial skills were like, he was a caretaker manager, just picking 11 players until we got a new manager. 

Players get a lot more time than that to show what they can do. Writing someone off after 4 matches was it?....  

just checked... won two lost two in the premier. But I couldn’t even credit him for that as he was only given a restricted role. 

Plus sam pretty much took over for his last game...

when we beat watford in his mid tenure our team was:

Pickford, Kenny, Jags, Keane, Baines, Gueye, Baningime, Davies, Siggy, Niasse, Rooney

Bench: Robles, Williams, Holgate, Besic, Lennon, Lookman, DCL

That result took us out of the bottom 3, 11 games in. Wow.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Plus sam pretty much took over for his last game...

when we beat watford in his mid tenure our team was:

Pickford, Kenny, Jags, Keane, Baines, Gueye, Baningime, Davies, Siggy, Niasse, Rooney

Bench: Robles, Williams, Holgate, Besic, Lennon, Lookman, DCL

That result took us out of the bottom 3, 11 games in. Wow.

Sam didnt do anything technical or tactical for the last game, in fact I am not even sure he met the players.

On 06/10/2019 at 18:06, Finn balor said:

I want Gordon in the squad.look at Newcastle today with the two brothers playing. Given the crowd a right lift 

Thought it was evident how much of a relationship the two brothers had in the middle of the park. They were always covering the other, they both were capable of breaking forward and also both capable of getting their foot in and winning the ball back.