IGNORED

James Rodríguez

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

I'm not surprised, because he looks like this type of player - Unprofessional. There's a reason Colombian NT didn't called him for the Copa. There's a reason he didn't make it in bigger clubs. There's a reason his fitness is shit. There's a reason he doesn't know who Everton are playing against, and that's not because he's being excluded from training, but because of his lack of interest in the job he's being hired.

5 minutes ago, tonyh said:

He said it, you can watch it here: https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2021/08/20/futbol/1629426691_372926.html (after about 45 seconds)

It's hardly a surprise that he didn't know if he's being excluded from training with the first team. He's not being involved in the preparation for the match, presumably because the club wants it that way, so why should he know?

Because he’s not training and isolating he shouldn’t be expected to know who we are playing next, that’s the strangest thing I’ve heard for ages, well thanks for the clarification tony it will be interesting to see who stands by what they’ve said if found to be true. 

Sadly he’s a little baby instead of bitching on social media knuckle down and keep your mouth shut, then maybe the last 4 years of his career wouldn’t have been so poor, Rafa isn’t stupid he knows he’s got no heart he knows him from old. For me James is done not just here but at any club with ambition. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Because he’s not training and isolating he shouldn’t be expected to know who we are playing next, that’s the strangest thing I’ve heard for ages, well thanks for the clarification tony it will be interesting to see who stands by what they’ve said if found to be true. 

Well, it is true. You can see it in the video. Obviously some players would still follow the fixtures in his situation and know the next opponents, but I doubt he's the only one that wouldn't. Someone like Harry Kane didn't even bother to turn up for training for his boyhood club because he wants out. Think of Rooney's antics when he wanted to leave. I've seen far worse than this.

I haven't heard him bitching on social media, he was just being honest and speaking quite calmly. Seems to me that James is not particularly bothered, and the club aren't that bothered about him. He came a year ago, signing for a manager who has since left. The new manager seems to have no interest in him and has not backed him publicly. He has no sentimental connection to the club (unlike Rooney, Kane etc.). I really don't see the fuss to be honest.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Tell that to his managers of late and all but one would disagree with you and he was a lying cunt. 

In perspective I’ll show you the minutes per goal/assist for him

La liga - 28/29  - 5409mins - 94.9

Portugal - 25/26 - 4565 - 86.1

Champ league - 5/11 - 3501 - 218.8

Bundisliga - 14/15 - 2762 - 95.2

Ligue 1 - 9/13 - 2637 - 119.9

EPL - 6/5 - 1776 - 161.5

I mean surely we trying to squeeze every last bit of quality out of him…

2 hours ago, tonyh said:

He said it, you can watch it here: https://colombia.as.com/colombia/2021/08/20/futbol/1629426691_372926.html (after about 45 seconds)

It's hardly a surprise that he didn't know if he's being excluded from training with the first team. He's not being involved in the preparation for the match, presumably because the club wants it that way, so why should he know?

My Spanish isn’t that great (I’m working on it though) but he’s hardly talking like a man with an axe to grind. He’s just answering questions from fans. Doesn’t know who we’re playing, asks for a reminder and then says it’ll be tough against Bielsa. Doesn’t seem too much of an issue to me. He’s certainly not saying it like he doesn’t know because he doesn’t give a shit in a moaning kind of way, that’s how it seems to me anyway. 

Hopefully he plays against Burnley at a full Goodison park. And if he plays well and creates or scores a goal I expect everyone who wants to see him out of the club to be sat on their hands. 

Anyway, he’ll probably leave and we’ll get to watch Andros Townsend instead. 

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

I think if he'd actually said it someone would've isolated it by now and it'd be out there for all to see/hear, and it isn't (as far as I can see) so I call bullshit until proven wrong.

I did say 'if' true - its unprofessional, which it would be. But as you say, no concrete evidence of it yet. 

Unfortunately, in the past 6months James and social media posting seem not to be particular well thought out - for example posting for a picture flying off in a private jet, while his team mate's are getting still trying 'rescue' the very end of our season.

Would it be totally our of character for him to make such a comment on social media? but that is social media for you - life through a lenses. I am sure he make a handsome 'second' income from it all. 

What ever happen with James and Everton these coming weeks,  it has definitely be a strange and unusual 'love affair'. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

In perspective I’ll show you the minutes per goal/assist for him

La liga - 28/29  - 5409mins - 94.9

Portugal - 25/26 - 4565 - 86.1

Champ league - 5/11 - 3501 - 218.8

Bundisliga - 14/15 - 2762 - 95.2

Ligue 1 - 9/13 - 2637 - 119.9

EPL - 6/5 - 1776 - 161.5

I mean surely we trying to squeeze every last bit of quality out of him…

The last 4 seasons please Btay not from the beginning of his career never argued he wasn’t top class he was, but unfortunately those days are long gone, and we’ve got him when he can’t be arsed doesn’t want to put the work in just the words and there getting worse as time goes by, he needs to just shut the fuck up and get on with what he’s getting paid to do as the biggest earner in the team.  

Can you imagine any other senior player, despite being out, not knowing who we are playing at the weekend? 

As much as I think it is very unprofessional, it is also a little disappointing to hear from a squad cohesion point of view. Despite being out, he should still be made to feel a part of things and he clearly doesn't. 

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

As much as I think it is very unprofessional, it is also a little disappointing to hear from a squad cohesion point of view. Despite being out, he should still be made to feel a part of things and he clearly doesn't. 

I completely agree with this. Yes, it's a bit unprofessional, but nowhere near the level of not turning up to training as others have done. But yes, if the staff were actually involving him in things it would be impossible for him not to know who we're playing. He would just hear about it, unless he went round with his fingers in his ears saying 'la la can't hear you'.

2 hours ago, tonyh said:

I completely agree with this. Yes, it's a bit unprofessional, but nowhere near the level of not turning up to training as others have done. But yes, if the staff were actually involving him in things it would be impossible for him not to know who we're playing. He would just hear about it, unless he went round with his fingers in his ears saying 'la la can't hear you'.

But you don’t know what the club have or haven’t been doing to include him whilst he’s been isolating.  

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Can you imagine any other senior player, despite being out, not knowing who we are playing at the weekend? 

We’ve only got his word for that if asked I’m sure the club would say they  have done everything possible to make him feel included, and if they are forced to because of his rantings I know who I would believe. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But you don’t know what the club have or haven’t been doing to include him whilst he’s been isolating.  

Think that’s his point.

Either he has been included and would have known… or the club have just left him isolated completely.

Either way is bad for me. 
If it’s him, then it’s more than just unprofessional, it shows he has no care at all for the club.

If it’s the club, then it’s back to Niasse without even a locker…. Which would explain why a young lad like Kean is desperate to get away from the club.

I honestly hope there is nothing in this from either side, and that it’s lost in translation…. I don’t know who we are playing saturday, don’t know much about them at all…. Type of thing.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Think that’s his point.

Either he has been included and would have known… or the club have just left him isolated completely.

Either way is bad for me. 
If it’s him, then it’s more than just unprofessional, it shows he has no care at all for the club.

If it’s the club, then it’s back to Niasse without even a locker…. Which would explain why a young lad like Kean is desperate to get away from the club.

I honestly hope there is nothing in this from either side, and that it’s lost in translation…. I don’t know who we are playing saturday, don’t know much about them at all…. Type of thing.

You said in an earlier post if he said that he can fuck off he did say it what’s changed, surely not because no one told him we were playing Leeds please don’t tell me you believe he shouldn’t know unless someone from the club tells him, he’s an absolute dick. Rafa didn’t ring you and say we’ve got Leeds Saturday thought I’d tell you because I know you’re camping and drinking red wine out of the fridge, he’s on the internet all the time and he’s bound to have spoken to team mates this week and officials from the club and no one mentioned the Leeds game, that’s more fantasy full than the Lord of the rings. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You said in an earlier post if he said that he can fuck off he did say it what’s changed, surely not because no one told him we were playing Leeds please don’t tell me you believe he shouldn’t know unless someone from the club tells him, he’s an absolute dick. 

Nothings changed.

Was just pointing out tonyh’s post. 

Still love Everton though and want them to act with a bit of dignity themselves. But don’t know what’s happened if I’m honest.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You said in an earlier post if he said that he can fuck off he did say it what’s changed, surely not because no one told him we were playing Leeds please don’t tell me you believe he shouldn’t know unless someone from the club tells him, he’s an absolute dick. Rafa didn’t ring you and say we’ve got Leeds Saturday thought I’d tell you because I know you’re camping and drinking red wine out of the fridge, he’s on the internet all the time and he’s bound to have spoken to team mates this week and officials from the club and no one mentioned the Leeds game, that’s more fantasy full than the Lord of the rings. 

Jesus you read me like a book though haha!

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve added to that mate, enjoy your holiday mate we got a well earned point today and thing’s are looking slightly better than maybe we could have hoped for. 

Just got back, was listening to the live feed while driving back. Sounded like a proper match.

Gray is sounding a very good signing. Doucoure looks like he has started the season on fire. Can’t wait for my first match mate. Probably going to be the Burnley match.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Just got back, was listening to the live feed while driving back. Sounded like a proper match.

Gray is sounding a very good signing. Doucoure looks like he has started the season on fire. Can’t wait for my first match mate. Probably going to be the Burnley match.

You always said when we bought Doucoure he would be a great signing for us, his first 2 games have been immense, obviously it’s always been in him and Rafa is now playing him more to his strengths by encouraging him to get more forward when he can, nearly scored again today, he’s not human he never slows down. 

I’ll be gutted if James leaves. I think he’s the right to feel pretty shoddily treated since Carlo left and Rafa arrived, but I’m sure his millions will console him. I get it if Rafa thinks he can’t find space in the team for a player like James but I can’t help but feel it’s worth to try and accommodate a player of his quality in the squad. Such a shame.

18 hours ago, badaids said:

I’ll be gutted if James leaves. I think he’s the right to feel pretty shoddily treated since Carlo left and Rafa arrived, but I’m sure his millions will console him. I get it if Rafa thinks he can’t find space in the team for a player like James but I can’t help but feel it’s worth to try and accommodate a player of his quality in the squad. Such a shame.

Agree. We’ve looked good without him and it makes you wonder had he played would we have won by more or it have been tighter.

He is different to anything we have, I think having just James and not James and Gylfi is the key. He needs dynamic players around him.

20 hours ago, badaids said:

Has he been shoddily treated though?  Benitez isnt stupid, he isn't going to ostracise a player of ability without reason... Not when we haven't got many.

It's all guesses.  Yes James is a talent a yes his commitment to the club appeared somewhat partial before Carlo left.  James will not want to stick around. 

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Has he fuck he’s been an average player since 2014 who thinks he’s world class, we pay 220k a week for someone who does all his talking on social media and not on the pitch. 

Still not happy about his private jet photo.  That was lost on so many people at the time but not me.  Complete and utter disregard for the club whether he was fit or not.  

People think everything which criticises players for things like that is an overreaction ..... Really it isn't!   Watch the last dance.....the bulls dominant team.  Team spirit is everything, small things matter.  

If he is an average player…. Then his commitment for Everton shouldn’t be questioned. 
As he must have raised his game for us, as he never looked average in our shirt. More a joy to watch.

I get the whole team fit thing, I really do. But to label him as average beggars belief. At times last season he literally ran the show. 
His problem was consistency, the same as 99.9% of all players.

The biggest question should be, can we fit him into our team and system. And is his attitude here and right? But his ability is unquestionable.

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If he is an average player…. Then his commitment for Everton shouldn’t be questioned. 
As he must have raised his game for us, as he never looked average in our shirt. More a joy to watch.

I get the whole team fit thing, I really do. But to label him as average beggars belief. At times last season he literally ran the show. 
His problem was consistency, the same as 99.9% of all players.

The biggest question should be, can we fit him into our team and system. And is his attitude here and right? But his ability is unquestionable.

I’d say his ability is questionable he hasn’t been a main stay in any team since around 2014 accept for Colombia, but that’s caught up with him now. He’s what’s known as a has been Madrid must have been rubbing there hands together when we came along and saved them hundreds of thousands a week in wages, and people said what a great deal Brands did getting him for free, really then get rid of him on a free and get a couple of players in who want to play for the club instead of an over paid cunt who just wants to lie and stir the shit on social media, if anyone has an inclining of sympathy for him they need to book themselves into psychotherapy treatment😀

Palf… to be fair, I don’t care about how he played for anyone else other than us. I leave the stato facts to Bails! 
For us he wasn’t average mate. He produced, he scored goals and created assists, some of them magical. 

If you really think I that’s average, then your going to be forever disappointed with any player we bring in.

Lets take Gray for example. Leicester fans would have drove him away theirselves, and did he follow that with success or failure? But he has came here and is doing a stellar job so far. Arteta, Pienaar… the list goes on. 

You can’t just rub out history and say he has been average for us, he simple wasn’t.