IGNORED

Emmanuel Dennis

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Richarlison was known for being a bit stroppy but this guy has had issues at most of the clubs he has been to, for one reason or another. I am not saying some of those reasons might not be justified or explainable but the little I saw of him at the end of his time at Watford was of a player that didn't really get involved. Compare that to what Richarlison did for us and I think you are talking about two completely contrasting characters.

I think he has a hell of a lot of positives if you can get him on the pitch and get him motivated so it may well be worth the risk, but I just think back to the slagging off the likes of Iwobi, Gomes, Digne, Dom etc all get for not being totally committed and then everyone wants to go back to the well with a guy that has strongly suggested issues with temperament in the past. When things go crap, is he going to be running through those brick walls that this fan base demands?

Fair points worth thinking about. I will say that Watford was effectively relegated with weeks to go so the motivation for their players had to be pretty low. I’m not sure even Richarlison would have run through walls for a side already going down who he was always going to leave. 

Perhaps that’s why Dennis is going to go for around 20m and not more. I’ve no real idea about his attitude or if he’s the right fit from a character standpoint. I do know we are going to have to take some chances given our situation. Hopefully we take the right ones.

On 04/07/2022 at 14:45, SpartyBlue said:

Fair points worth thinking about. I will say that Watford was effectively relegated with weeks to go so the motivation for their players had to be pretty low. I’m not sure even Richarlison would have run through walls for a side already going down who he was always going to leave. 

Perhaps that’s why Dennis is going to go for around 20m and not more. I’ve no real idea about his attitude or if he’s the right fit from a character standpoint. I do know we are going to have to take some chances given our situation. Hopefully we take the right ones.

I accept that motivation will have been low but they had a real chance of staying up before that and his performances were on the decline. I have also read some talk that he fell out with management which I take with a pinch of salt, but the otherside of that is having about 12 managers in 1 season also isn't going to inspire any confidence that you are at the right club. 

I definitely think there are times to take risks with players and this may be one of them but I am very wary of having too many of that type of player in the squad. 

56 minutes ago, Bill said:

Apparently he's not even in Efc thoughts, count him out.

It’s such a minefield of misinformation during the summer window - all the ‘ITKs’ wanting their guess to be correct. It makes a lot of sense, which has made it very believable but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was no interest in the first place!

• 3 weeks later...

I had hear somewhere that Dennis has a bit of a poor attitude - turn up late for training type of thing and not overly popular in the dressing room. I can't remember where I read or heard this and not going to hunt it out, so take it with a pinch of salt. but if the case, maybe not of the type 'character' we are after and Forest dressing room welcome to him along with £180K a week Lingard. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I had hear somewhere that Dennis has a bit of a poor attitude - turn up late for training type of thing and not overly popular in the dressing room. I can't remember where I read or heard this and not going to hunt it out, so take it with a pinch of salt. but if the case, maybe not of the type 'character' we are after and Forest dressing room welcome to him along with £180K a week Lingard. 

The Watford ITk said it’s quite the opposite, very popular player. 

27 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The Watford ITk said it’s quite the opposite, very popular player. 

I think it was the Baz fella on Toffee TV that mentioned it, but not 100%. Like I said take it with a pitch of salt.

I think the club recruitment are now actually actually considering 'character and attitude' as well as footballing attributes (5-6 year late!!) - so I am sure they will now do their due diligence - signs are good at the moment this is now being done a lot better.

I think all the players coming in need to tick the right boxes when considering hunger, passion, hard work and over all character.

• 2 weeks later...