IGNORED

Jasper Cillessen

£72,000,000 is his buyout clause, something that has to be in every players contract that plays in the Spanish leagues under an LFP licence. If we were to bid for him, it'd be a case of negotiating like any other transfer as opposed to buying out his contract. 

At least I hope so, he was phenomenal at Ajax but wasted three years of his career playing second fiddle at FC Barcelona. He's still a very, very good goalkeeper but not part of the "elite" bracket that I would want us to be tapping into. 

We'd be able to get Onana (Ajax), Lafont (Fiorentina) or Maximiano (Sporting) for less - and on the rare occasion that we are wanting to spend £70m+, why not go for the holy grail in Donnarumma? 

The "paper talk" I was seeing was suggesting €20m outright or a 1 year loan-to-buy at €12m.  Far more reasonable, particularly the loan-to-buy (as long as still optional after the year).  They Need to shift his wages apparently.

He's really come off the highs of his Ajax days.  He's still a bit of "name" keeper, but is he any good?

5 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

The "paper talk" I was seeing was suggesting €20m outright or a 1 year loan-to-buy at €12m.  Far more reasonable, particularly the loan-to-buy (as long as still optional after the year).  They Need to shift his wages apparently.

He's really come off the highs of his Ajax days.  He's still a bit of "name" keeper, but is he any good?

If they are accurate the loan to buy would be the way to go, I think that’s what’s referred to as a no brainer. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

loan to buy sounds like the right thing to do, we need to see what he's got and if he's an upgrade on pickford.  otherwise it's a large risk and an expensive one at that.  Romero is available for cheap, i'd prefer that and he's premier proven

I don’t think Romero is premier league proven. How many games has he played in the premier league?

13 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

£72,000,000 is his buyout clause, something that has to be in every players contract that plays in the Spanish leagues under an LFP licence. If we were to bid for him, it'd be a case of negotiating like any other transfer as opposed to buying out his contract. 

At least I hope so, he was phenomenal at Ajax but wasted three years of his career playing second fiddle at FC Barcelona. He's still a very, very good goalkeeper but not part of the "elite" bracket that I would want us to be tapping into. 

We'd be able to get Onana (Ajax), Lafont (Fiorentina) or Maximiano (Sporting) for less - and on the rare occasion that we are wanting to spend £70m+, why not go for the holy grail in Donnarumma? 

It amazes me how people still don't understand this.

2 hours ago, marcgallifa said:

Reports in Spain say that Valencia would demand 10M€ for him. Valencia's board has been selling some of their best players (eg. Pareja, Coquelin, Rodrigo) very cheap. Jasper could join this list too.

https://es.besoccer.com/noticia/everton-y-bayer-leverkusen-se-fijan-en-cillessen-882338

Valencia are owned by the Lim Family, who don't care about the club nor its supporters. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they accept any bids that they deem reasonable to line their own pockets. Another example of a great club being ruined by shithouse owners. 

I'd absolutely take Jasper at €10m too, someone who could realistically challenge Pickford for buttons.