IGNORED

Isco

12 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Dyche said he's only interested in signing players (on frees) who can add something to the squad. Said as much that there is a reason they are where they are.

I am glad he said that, too often we have brought the wrong type in. 

Unfortunately, all to often these days players who are paid vast of sums early in a careers and they simply expect the same level of pay throughout it, even if their skill set diminished or the overall hunger and passion for the game is no longer there. There always seems to be one team that will still pay the massive wages in the hope the original  talent will reappear. 

High chance Isco would be one of these player, and I have seen enough overpaid player taking to the pitch (or not!!)

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Spanish midfielder Isco, 30, is reportedly waiting for a concrete proposal to his agents from Everton as he continues to look for a new club after his contract with Sevilla was terminated. (TuttoJuve - in Italian) 

If he’s not good enough for Sevilla why would we want him as Dyche said they have to be better than what we have. 
he could be finished. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

If he’s not good enough for Sevilla why would we want him as Dyche said they have to be better than what we have. 
he could be finished. 

Or he could need a new challenge. We've reinvigorated several careers, an 18 month contract on a free isn't that much of a gamble. Worst case, sell to China or the Middle East. Its a no brainer for me. 

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Or he could need a new challenge. We've reinvigorated several careers, an 18 month contract on a free isn't that much of a gamble. Worst case, sell to China or the Middle East. Its a no brainer for me. 

I like Isco and think he’s a cracking little player, I just don’t think his strengths would shine enough in our team.

Maybe in certain games we could drop a Gana or Doucoure and have a more progressive player in there. He’s going to have to buy in to the teams work rate however his quality is never in question.

45 minutes ago, Btay said:

I like Isco and think he’s a cracking little player, I just don’t think his strengths would shine enough in our team.

Maybe in certain games we could drop a Gana or Doucoure and have a more progressive player in there. He’s going to have to buy in to the teams work rate however his quality is never in question.

I get that, but one of the complaints for years has been we've not had a creative attacking midfield. Here's one on a free. A luxury to have maybe, but one that is a step above what we have. Someone to either bring on against teams that are tough to break down or throw on when we're trailing. 

Or we don't and we have no creative option at all, which hasn't really been working out for us. A gamble yes, but rewards are much greater than the potential loss. 

As long as his wages wouldn’t be ridiculous then it could be a good move on a short term contract. I could see him coming in for Gueye if we needed to add a creative spark in a match where we’re struggling to get anything happening. I don’t think he comes in and takes a starting spot in Dyche’s system though. Would he be happy to be a sub here?

The other risk is he’s never played in the PL and would need time to adapt. Not sure we have much time for that. 

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Read a lot of stories about his attitude, being a bad trainer. Fail to see how he would fit in with the culture that dyche is trying to create. 

Zidane would disagree with you on both points and has quoted so directly.  
"Isco's attitude is always spectacular," he said. "He always trains very well. It's normal he's angry at times, but that has no importance to me. There's no story."

Isco apparently didn’t like Bale, Ronaldo, Verane and Benzema too. 
Because Bale spent too much time practicing golf, Ronaldo with his fancy cars and price jets, Verane because he says up late watching NBA then turns up for training tired and Benzema because he went to night clubs too often. 

That sounds like a guy I could relate too. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Zidane would disagree with you on both points and has quoted so directly.  
"Isco's attitude is always spectacular," he said. "He always trains very well. It's normal he's angry at times, but that has no importance to me. There's no story."

Sevilla contract terminated because he "did not meet the club's expectations".

Collapsed deal to Union because "the player's demands afterwards differed from the original agreement".

Risky on the face of it. I don't know enough about him to comment further.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sevilla contract terminated because he "did not meet the club's expectations".

Collapsed deal to Union because "the player's demands afterwards differed from the original agreement".

Risky on the face of it. I don't know enough about him to comment further.

Me neither, well as I played I know he’s exceptionally talented, but nothing of his attitude. Just googled Isco attitude and found Zidane defending him. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

As you know it’s not easy to move players if they are on big wages which he will probably want 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Me neither, well as I played I know he’s exceptionally talented, but nothing of his attitude. Just googled Isco attitude and found Zidane defending him. 

Seen loads about his attitude, slagging off zidane in the stands, getting bollocked by Ramos for his attitude, getting to the size of a house, laughing when conceding a goal. 

a talented player no doubt, I don’t think he’s a dyche player. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

Now Aubameyang I would take a chance on if he cancels his contract simply because we are desperate for a striker 

Dom will probably break down at some point

He can’t play for a 3rd club this season - he’s already played for Barca and Chelsea.