IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Wednesday 16 December

markjazzbassist

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

And one was Pickford. So what’s your point? or are you completely undermining your own “point” on purpose?

i'm not undermining any point of mine.  you are upset people are bitching (me) about pickford and then quote 6 points and 2 clean sheets as a defense.  except only 3 points and 1 clean sheet is attributable to pickford.  

it's clear Carlo doesn't rate him otherwise he wouldn't be rotating him.  If we get a top keeper ala dunnarumma or the like i would be williing to bet no matter the matches in the league (just the league) there would be 0 rotation.  

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not undermining any point of mine.  you are upset people are bitching (me) about pickford and then quote 6 points and 2 clean sheets as a defense.  except only 3 points and 1 clean sheet is attributable to pickford.  

it's clear Carlo doesn't rate him otherwise he wouldn't be rotating him.  If we get a top keeper ala dunnarumma or the like i would be williing to bet no matter the matches in the league (just the league) there would be 0 rotation.  

I’m not upset, I’m baffled. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m not upset, I’m baffled. 

ok now we are getting somewhere. i have never been fully convinced by jordan, i wasn't when we spent 30m on him.  if he was spanish i don't think he would be rated anywhere close to where he is now.  i won't go on my english player bias rant, i'll just leave it at that.  I think Pickford is an average Premier league keeper.  by that, i mean he is not a top keeper in the league, nor a bottom one.  simply middle of the pack.  i think we need to aim higher.  we have james, dcl, richarlison, digne, allan, all top players in the side.  no reason we should settle with GK.

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

ok now we are getting somewhere. i have never been fully convinced by jordan, i wasn't when we spent 30m on him.  if he was spanish i don't think he would be rated anywhere close to where he is now.  i won't go on my english player bias rant, i'll just leave it at that.  I think Pickford is an average Premier league keeper.  by that, i mean he is not a top keeper in the league, nor a bottom one.  simply middle of the pack.  i think we need to aim higher.  we have james, dcl, richarlison, digne, allan, all top players in the side.  no reason we should settle with GK.

Well, my first comment did say I was baffled too. 

I’d love to get a world class keeper too, but they’re few and far between. Pickford is a lot better than you or some others give him credit for. Whether it be a distain of English players or needing a chew toy to direct frustration at, it’s just baffling and largely without merit. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Six points and two clean sheets is down to the performance of the whole team, how can you possibly suggest that three points are down to Olsen (or Pickford for that matter)? If Leicester had peppered the goal with numerous shots and he'd had a worldie diving to every corner of his goal to keep us in it you may have a point. But that's not what happened, Leicester had two attempts on goal and he had nothing of note to do at all.

One was a bullet of a header though Mike...

Personally I think it’s good we can have a debate about our first choice keeper. For far too long we’ve had rubbish back ups. One thing I’m sure everyone can agree on is Olsen is an excellent no.2 keeper if that’s to be his role.

I am near on certain we will see Pickford go onto a higher level of performance. 

21 minutes ago, Btay said:

Personally I think it’s good we can have a debate about our first choice keeper. For far too long we’ve had rubbish back ups. One thing I’m sure everyone can agree on is Olsen is an excellent no.2 keeper if that’s to be his role.

I am near on certain we will see Pickford go onto a higher level of performance. 

Robles stek mucha we have had some shite backups

5 hours ago, Matt said:

When you look at what Olsen had to do it that game any keeper could have walked through that, the defence was outstanding they were restricted  to two efforts on target, the header which was straight at the keeper and the shot from outside the area which was at him and he just had to fall on. 
Then there wasn’t much else to discuss on the keeper front really bar he was competent and we kept a clean sheet. 

20 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

This thread is stressing me out really more than it should. People with the mentality of "well, the wall should have covered that goal no worries lads" have left me speechless to be honest.

Jesus absolute wept.

So what's your suggestion then? 

That the keeper continues to set a wall and after setting it takes another big step wall side exposing him to a far post shot he can't reach?

It's piss poor goalkeeping.  

Olsen is having his saves chalked off as being fundamental - yet Pickford's fundamental errors aren't an issue.?

What stresses me out is the fact that week after week he does things that undermines the confidence of the defence.  That's what stresses me out - not conceding is in spite of this type of nonsense.

This bollocks that we need to be in unanimous praise because we got 6 points and 2 clean sheets is exactly that... Bollocks.   Do you think the best managers in the world say to the analytics team "delete the tapes of the last 2 matches lads, nothing to be done - 6 points and clean sheets, let's keep it all positive eh". 

It could have so easily been a loss against Chelsea because of Pickford's brain farts - I wonder if that's why he got rotated? Or did he need resting .... Keepers never usually need resting, JP may do cos I'm sure he burns a shed load more energy with his random movements.

Spoke with a group of blues after golf yesterday, to a man they all said Olsen has a presence and calmness about him.  If that is evident even on TV - then how evident will it be to his defence? 

For a keeper that makes the defence nervous they didn't half look calm against Chelsea. Even stopping them having a single shot on target in the second half of the game, when you'd expect nerves to be frayed if they were going to be at all.

Narratives just get created around Pickford all the time - he makes the defence nervous, he's psychologically suspect, Olsen made 3 or 4 quality saves (from two shots on target the whole game :lol:), Olsen makes the defence calmer (he's played twice, one of which we lost and the other game we looked no different to when Pickford was in for the previous game).

Pickford has made mistakes and we probably will be looking to replace him in the summer, I'm fine with that, but the agenda against him is way over the top. By agenda I'm not talking about particular people - it's on here, Twitter, in the media. 

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Whilst I agree in principle, we don't actually know very much about Olsen yet as he hasn't really been tested. Its way too soon to start making any sort of serious judgement especially when there has been question marks over his quality at previous clubs.