IGNORED

Man of the Match v Mancester United (Caraboa Cup)

MikeO

MOTM v Manchester United (Caraboa Cup)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Robin Olsen
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Yerry Mina
    • Michael Keane
    • Ben Godfrey
    • Alex Iwobi
    • André Gomes
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison
    • Tom Davies
    • Bernard

Current Player of the Season standings....
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...80
Allan...66
Abdoulaye Doucouré...51
James Rodríguez...39
Niels Nkounkou...34
Jordan Pickford...33
Yerry Mina...32
Michael Keane...27
Alex Iwobi...21
Ben Godfrey...18
Séamus Coleman...16
Anthony Gordon...12
Gylfi Sigurðsson...11
Robin Olsen...10
Bernard...9
Lucas Digne...9
André Gomes...9
Richarlison...8
Mason Holgate...8
Tom Davies...2

Previous MOTM winners...
Arsenal (H)**...Ben Godfrey
Leicester (A)*...Abdoulaye Doucouré
Chelsea (H)**...Michael Keane
Burnley (A)*...Jordan Pickford
Leeds (H)*...Allan
Fulham (A)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Manchester United (H)*...Allan
Newcastle (A)*...Robin Olsen
Southampton (A)*...Allan
Liverpool (H)*...Michael Keane
Brighton (H)*...Yerry Mina
Wat Ham (H Cup)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Crystal Palace (A)*...James Rodríguez
Fleetwood (A)*...Niels Nkounkou
West Brom (H)*...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salford (H)*...Niels Nkounkou
Tottenham (A)*...Jordan Pickford

*Behind closed doors
**Limited crowd

21 minutes ago, MC11 said:

A gallant performance by our back four again went with Keane this time closely followed by Godfrey.

Midfield - wide and central extremely poor!! Doucoure anonymous after one good game he once again goes missing! Bernard evidently not cut for English football. 

I made a point in watching Doucoure in particular tonight, he was everywhere, left right, backwards forwards. He did tire towards the end, but not surprised his work rate is immense. 

Going for Gyli though - massive improvement on how he was playing last year, so is upping his game. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I made a point in watching Doucoure in particular tonight, he was everywhere, left right, backwards forwards. He did tire towards the end, but not surprised his work rate is immense. 

Going for Gyli though - massive improvement on how he was playing last year, so is upping his game. 

I haven’t down voted you because that’s your opinion! However I thought Doucoure had absolutely no effect on the game, he was chasing shadows throughout. 

I can't be arsed voting for anyone to be honest. The defence and goalkeeper were all over the place for the first 15-20 minutes and we could have been 4 down quite easily, so am I like fuck voting for any of them despite them getting better as the game went on. The rest were just varying shades of shite.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Don't know how you you can be so hard on Doucoure, he covered every blade of grass on the field from box to box, there was a lot of players worse than him. 

My vote goes to Godfrey.

Covering every blade of grass and having a positive effect on the game are two very different things. I expect a lot more from him.

54 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I thought the same. 

Olsen, whilst he was very poor in the first 10 mins, as was everyone else, he got his act together and we settled down. Made a couple of point plank saves keeping it level until the break.

Siggy, Godfrey and Keane close contenders, Doucoure would be there also but he pulled out of a couple of tackles he should have won imo.

4 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Olsen, whilst he was very poor in the first 10 mins, as was everyone else, he got his act together and we settled down. Made a couple of point plank saves keeping it level until the break.

Siggy, Godfrey and Keane close contenders, Doucoure would be there also but he pulled out of a couple of tackles he should have won imo.

Are you on the windup? 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Are you on the windup? 

No, and I’m being straight up, if we had conceded in the first half we would have been battered last night, he kept us in the game with the pint bank saves from Cavani at his left post, and we were level at 88 mins with a chance to win. 
I was lucky enough to be there last night, top balcony right up in the gods near Gwladys St end,  so I’m giving my view point of being there rather than a TV feed.

26 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

No, and I’m being straight up, if we had conceded in the first half we would have been battered last night, he kept us in the game with the pint bank saves from Cavani at his left post, and we were level at 88 mins with a chance to win. 
I was lucky enough to be there last night, top balcony right up in the gods near Gwladys St end,  so I’m giving my view point of being there rather than a TV feed.

Fair enough. Thought he was shocking myself and think he would’ve been hard pushed to jump out of the way of the shots he saved. Glad you got a ticket though mate, just a shame about the game :( 

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair enough. Thought he was shocking myself and think he would’ve been hard pushed to jump out of the way of the shots he saved. Glad you got a ticket though mate, just a shame about the game :( 

It’s good to have an opinion, it might be always be the same as others, better than being a sheep though. Agreed on the game, it really could have gone one way or the other, same it went against us, guess that’s part of being Everton.

Just now, Wiggytop said:

It’s good to have an opinion, it might be always be the same as others, better than being a sheep though. Agreed on the game, it really could have gone one way or the other, same it went against us, guess that’s part of being Everton.

Could it have gone either way though? There was only one side even creating opportunities - in the first half DCL only had 12 touches of the ball (and I bet most of them were nowhere near their goal) and in the second half we didn’t have a shot on target.

We didn’t even try to win the game. That’s what’s disappointing. You’re always going to lose games, I hate it but it’s inevitable. It’s when it’s utter dog shit like last night that I can’t take. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Could it have gone either way though? There was only one side even creating opportunities - in the first half DCL only had 12 touches of the ball (and I bet most of them were nowhere near their goal) and in the second half we didn’t have a shot on target.

We didn’t even try to win the game. That’s what’s disappointing. You’re always going to lose games, I hate it but it’s inevitable. It’s when it’s utter dog shit like last night that I can’t take. 

This. We had a chance to get to a semi final and it turned into a reminder of how far away from the better teams we are. This isn’t even a great United squad, but when it got to the later stages of the game they brought on Rashford and Martial. That’s the big difference with squad depth, we didn’t have anyone who could change the game on the bench and we need it to compete.  
Our strongest 11 with everyone fit can give anyone a game, but take out a few pieces and we are still so far behind.