IGNORED

Joshua Zirkzee

58 minutes ago, DavisJD said:

A few online outlets are rumouring a loan deal for Zirkzee, kid wants to play.

19yo Bayern Munich striker.

Nice backup option to DCL potentially.

Talk Shite are also reporting it

https://sportslens.com/report-everton-close-to-sealing-loan-deal-for-bayern-munich-striker-josh-zirkzee/327044/

Wasnt he the kid we had on trial but then got gazumped by Bayern ?

Just heard it on talksport myself 

It's a no brainer to move for a striker and it's good to see us doing it now rather than deadline day 

No teams are going to sell quality strikers in Jan unless it's for mega money so this seems the right type of deal. 

As for the player, I've absolutely no idea what he's like ....... Trots over to YouTube to get excited over 2 passes and a couple of dribbles and tap ins.

Can't say I know anything about him. Think this transfer rumour has legs though, as fits transfer model of young players and also quality players (I am assuming he has some quality about him) also players who are fringe players at top European clubs. I am guessing we would also have on eye on trying to buy him if Ancelotti likes him and he shows good promise - Maybe a direct replacement for a want away Moise Kean.  I would like to think given how Kean is performing at PSG that we would get at least enough to be financing a move for Kirkzee (if he is really good), maybe even a bit of change.  

If things had gone how Everton had hoped I am sure the plan this season would have been ourselves having Kean as our back up striker and developing him. so bringing in almost like for like Mosie Kean replacement makes sense. Half season loan give us lots of time to properly assess him at close quarters. 

get it done :) 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Talk Shite are also reporting it

https://sportslens.com/report-everton-close-to-sealing-loan-deal-for-bayern-munich-striker-josh-zirkzee/327044/

Wasnt he the kid we had on trial but then got gazumped by Bayern ?

I was right it’s the same fella

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7869253/Bayern-Munich-wonderkid-Joshua-Zirkzee-reveals-joined-Everton.html

So if we’ve already had him over here on trial to have a look at him and offered him a contract it seems we have done our homework on him

2 hours ago, FairWooney said:

As they want him to get game time i'm surprised they'd send him to us as he will still get limited time when DCL is fit again which should only be a couple of weeks away unless it's a really bad hamstring injury.

He sounds a good player though

If it’s a loan to buy as reported I would think Bayern would give a toss how much game time he gets

Reports today - saying loan with obligation to buy at around 10M Euro's in the summer. I would guess modest wages for 19 year old. I would think a fair enough price for a well regarded young striker - possible decent sell on value if he comes good. Unproved young player always has some element of risk. 

Being a Dutch lad - I imaging he has good technique and will also have good English, and he is already away from home playing in Germany. - so coming to UK will not be to much of a culture shock. He also has a good idea of what Everton are like having spent some time here on trial a few years ago. 

9 hours ago, Isaiah said:

I've never heard of a "loan with an obligation to buy". What then is the point of the 'loan' part? Just buy him outright if you're going to have to do it anyway, regardless of whether he turns out to be shit. Is it just another way of dodging FFP rules?

Been a frequent thing for years. Dodging ffp, injury get out clause... no idea to be honest but it seems popular 

10 hours ago, Isaiah said:

I've never heard of a "loan with an obligation to buy". What then is the point of the 'loan' part? Just buy him outright if you're going to have to do it anyway, regardless of whether he turns out to be shit. Is it just another way of dodging FFP rules?

Im no accountant but I believe it’s just to delay payment to the summer when tv monies come in and some of our players will be released. So it’s just a way to financially juggle expenditure to delay payment and therefore save money in the short term.