IGNORED

Spurs (FA Cup Home) Wednesday 10 February

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

It's like he had a call from behind. It's his ball as Siggy is in the space behind him.

Siggy should still be putting more pressure on Sanchez, though he never had a chance of winning the header.

Don't have to win the header just put him off. DCL and Keane get some blame as well. I'll admit when Siggy came here I was a fan. He was decent when we were down and out under Koeman/Sam. The last 18 months have soured me forever. He is now, and will always be, one of my least favorite blues. 

Just now, Bailey said:

Siggy should still be putting more pressure on Sanchez, though he never had a chance of winning the header.

He had no chance of winning the header, but as you say could have done a thousand things more to stop that goal. He could have jumped into the man and stopped him from getting his head to the ball that way, nothing OTT to draw the foul but a shoulder in the back to knock him off balance as he jumps. As it happens it was a free header from six yards that the lad is never going to miss. 

That goal is just a proper, proper mess IMO. The kind of defending you'd have expected when Spurs played Marine.