IGNORED

Daryl Dike

Dude is an absolute beast of a center forward, and after watching him a bit with Barnsley, he's got better feet than I expected for such a truck of a guy. Think he's gonna require a substantial price tag though, and we might want to find a cheaper option to back up DCL

“I think dyke is a great player. He works harder than 95% of the players I’ve seen. He’s huge and he is decent with his footwork. He’s a nice guy. A club guy and will be dedicated to the club. I don’t think he is worth 20m and the prem is a different league. Everyone is strong. I think he has more to gain being at Everton than you’ll gain from him. 

If you see his best goals, they are almost all from defenders giving him space. He won’t get that in the PL.”

from a friend who’s an Orlando City season ticket holder

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

He's got 7 in 13. I wouldn't mind having him here, but after today's ineptitude in front of goal, I'd want us to bring in a proven goal scorer in this league

The problem is there aren’t many proven scorers in this league, and the ones who are better than DCL won’t sign for us and the ones who aren’t quite as good won’t come to play second fiddle. 
Rock and a hard place. 

• 1 month later...
On 30/05/2021 at 01:40, Sibdane said:

Immediately adapted to the Championship but not sure if he’s ready for the step up. Definitely one for the future to keep an eye on. 

Then sign him up and loan him back to a Championship club at the end of pre season if he doesn't make the grade.  If he puts in a full season like he did for the last 6 months he'll be way out of our price range.

• 7 months later...

As a yank seen quite a bit of him in MLS and for national team - great signing for West Brom and think he’ll help them in a big way. However he seems to me like a ‘tweener’ - he’ll score 20 in the championship but struggle in the premier league. I could see him constantly being on a promotion chaser, similar to Dwight Gayle for a while until he stayed at Newcastle and can’t get a game. Hopefully I’m wrong, he’s amazing and signs for Everton in 2 years.