IGNORED

Arnaut Danjuma

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

So frustrating isn’t it? He seems to get loads of chances, which is a very good thing, but he’s got to score some of them. 

I’d still prefer to see him playing before Harrison tbh. He works hard but I just find him so meh and unless he pulls up tress before the end of the season I’d be sending him back to Leeds. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’d still prefer to see him playing before Harrison tbh. He works hard but I just find him so meh and unless he pulls up tress before the end of the season I’d be sending him back to Leeds. 

Same here mate. He seems to be loved and I’m sure he’s a good guy. But he doesn’t offer much on the pitch. 
He frustrates me so much as he loses the ball 50% of the time…. And for a tier 1 player that’s terrible.

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think he (Harrison) is underrated myself, 5 goal contributions in 18 games for this side is a decent return . Also puts a shift in every game and does a lot of defensive work

100% improvement on the likes of Demari Gray

He is a good player. But when I see 20m being routed as what it will take to bring him in permanently…. I think that’s way to much. 
I don't think he is a player that changes the team much if he plays or doesn’t. 
He is a player that we need right now as we’re trying to change the playing philosophy into a more hard working team…. But that won’t take us forward. 

We need a Danjuma type that can finish. We need a new Mirralas.

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

He is a good player. But when I see 20m being routed as what it will take to bring him in permanently…. I think that’s way to much. 
I don't think he is a player that changes the team much if he plays or doesn’t. 
He is a player that we need right now as we’re trying to change the playing philosophy into a more hard working team…. But that won’t take us forward. 

We need a Danjuma type that can finish. We need a new Mirralas.

I agree.
But if we find a winger who works as hard as Harrison, gets as many chances as Danjuma, and finish like Mirallas, he’s probably going to cost about £85m and sign for City. 😂

17 hours ago, Shukes said:

Haha that is true mate. 
We can dream that January is going to throw up a diamond in the rough though can’t we? 

Actually now we can’t, that’s unrealistic haha.

We don’t have nice things remember. 😂

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His agent has confirmed talks with Lyon.

I do think he should have had more of a chance here but I can't say I'm too fussed if the loan is ended early either. It's paramount that we bring someone else in though if we do go along with this.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2024/01/09/agent-confirms-arnaut-danjuma-in-talks-over-everton-exit-live-on-talksport/

He does say he is happy here so I think a bit of reassurance from Dyche over playing time will see him stay, if that’s what Dyche wants

I would be gutted personally as I don’t think he has been given a chance yet and I can’t see there being many players anywhere near his level who are free/available for loan in January

If it turns out Dwight McNeils injury is serious and we let Danjuma go then we will end up with Dobbin as the only option for the rest of the season and no cover 

Looks like he could be heading to Lyon if they and Villarreal can strike a deal that has a clause to buy installed. It’s said Danjuma himself would be happy with the move if it gets him regular first team football and an opportunity to get place in the Euros. 

Not sure he's been given a proper chance here, but given teh way he plays and his decision making (typically leaning towards going for goal rather than crossing / passing) his finishing just hasn't been good enough to warrant playing time. He has eyes for goal nearly every time he touches the ball. That's not inherently a bad thing, but you have to be able to finish or it mucks up the offense with no output.

is it an opportunity to bring in a replacement loan player who might get more minutes?

I thought he might have got more minutes, but Dyche obviously feels others offer and give more on the pitch. Given how we have played difficult to argue that Danjuma should be starting ahead of anybody.

McNeils injury might change things a little, as up to know we have been more fortunate than usual on the injury front.

let him move on if we have an alternative to bring in

16 hours ago, RuffRob said:

is it an opportunity to bring in a replacement loan player who might get more minutes?

I thought he might have got more minutes, but Dyche obviously feels others offer and give more on the pitch. Given how we have played difficult to argue that Danjuma should be starting ahead of anybody.

McNeils injury might change things a little, as up to know we have been more fortunate than usual on the injury front.

let him move on if we have an alternative to bring in

We still have one domestic loan and one foreign loan available anyway

He's as good if not better offensively than everyone else. However, his defensive work is lacking which is why he isn't getting much of a chance. He just doesn't suit Dyche's system and the style of football played in the Premier League as a whole. Lyon are in a rebuilding phase and surely it is a better option for him to play regularly for a historically successful team in a less demanding league.

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Clearly something going on behind the scenes. Either he's pissed the manager off and or we have someone coming in to replace him 

I would suggest it’s more to do with the amount of game time he was getting, and Villarreal pulled him when they new Lyon were interested, after all they would want their man to be playing to help increase his value instead of sitting on the bench with his value depreciating. And he would need to be playing regularly if he wanted any chance of making the Euros. 

21 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

With Doucs out again with another hamstring injury I would like to see Danjuma played behind DCL, after all that is where Dyche said he saw was his best position when he bought him in

I don’t think he’ll be here beyond the window personally - I do think we’ll replace with someone who’s more natural on the right which will allow Harrison to play at 10. I don’t think Danjuma’s replacement will be a starter though as think Young will be Dyche’s first choice at right wing when fit (and Harrison playing 10).

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well that's depressing. Squad player though, eh? :lol: 

You may as well get mentally prepared now for Coleman and Young as our right side… won’t always be pretty but will probably be effective - defensively more than offensively. It’ll be a case of bringing Dobbin or another on when the old legs have gone (probably 10minutes after it’s obvious!)