IGNORED

Arnaut Danjuma

When I see any player come through the door - the first criteria has to be  'are they better than what we have already got'. Danjuma well and truly ticks that box.

I maybe would have preferred a permanent signing, but that's where we are at as a club. 

As well as being a talented player, Danjuma looks like he is coming in as very hunger player. Even if the hunger is aimed at showcasing how good he is other teams as much as us, that hunger helps benefits us this season. If it all turns out a happy and fruitful relationship for both parties - then come next season we may well be in the boss seat for him signing him on a longer deal. 

This season is about moving in a positive direction and getting some pride back in the club. I think this signing increases the chances of that happening, and I am glad it's done, and he has a fair few weeks with the squad before the season starts. 

I'd forgotten he'd played at Bournemouth, seemed to struggle to make an impact when joining them in the Premiership then won their player of the year in the championship with 15 goals and 7 assists.

Any idea what led him to be out of favour at Villareal?  He had a good record in his first season with them with 18 goals including 6 in Champions League but last season barely got a look in before getting his January loan.

Great attacking addition, we've really lacked having a player that's a a genuine goal threat that can hit double figures

4 hours ago, FairWooney said:

I'd forgotten he'd played at Bournemouth, seemed to struggle to make an impact when joining them in the Premiership then won their player of the year in the championship with 15 goals and 7 assists.

Any idea what led him to be out of favour at Villareal?  He had a good record in his first season with them with 18 goals including 6 in Champions League but last season barely got a look in before getting his January loan.

Great attacking addition, we've really lacked having a player that's a a genuine goal threat that can hit double figures

Never scored for them in the PL

Perhaps this is the wrong perspective but I would like the signing if he wasn't wearing the 10 shirt. Again maybe it's naive or stupid as it's just his preferred number but it shows we weren't 'saving' it for a better player. If Danjuma is expected to have the impact of other #10's in the league we're f***ed once again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Danjuma for me is no better in a lot of ways than Gray was, I think he will struggle to hold down a place in the team when McNeil and Harrison are up to speed, this more because of his blinkered approach of wanting to get his a goal and not passing when others are in a good scoring position, which was the same as we saw from Gray which was at times was infuriating with Gray, I can see Danjuma going down the same route putting his own needs before the teams. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Meanwhile, everyone else will just enjoy two away wins in a week :lol:.

And 2 home wins coming up 😉 but sometimes poor decisions will cost you games so let’s play to best of our ability has a team whether winning or losing, without witnessing a player playing for himself. But I get where you are coming from I just want perfection from all who play, unrealistic and laughable maybe but how much better could we be if that was to happen. 

23 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

His decision making is absolutely frustrating at times but I feel that we're consistently more dangerous with him on the ball than I felt with Gray. No idea if that's actually true or not mind you, just the feeling I get when he's attacking vs Gray.

The best way to judge a player for me, much better than pages of stats.

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

I can see Danjuma going down the same route putting his own needs before the teams. 

Lucky we got him on loan with no obligation then. Play him centrally with Beto or DCL and McNeil and Harrison either side and you’ll see what he can do - that will stretch even the top sides something we’ve not been able to do in a long, long time.

11 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

For me, Gray had a tendency to hold up play too often. He'd stand nonchalantly on the ball waiting for something to happen. In the meantime, it gave the other team chance to get back and get organised.

Danjuma seems to be much more keen to run into the box and try to get a shot off.

This for me. It’s all about end result and he seems to have an end result. Even against Villa which wasn’t his best game, he managed to get into their penalty area several times, and also got a good shot off that was deflected.

Danjuma is going to be another Gana though, we must realise that already.

48 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This for me. It’s all about end result and he seems to have an end result. Even against Villa which wasn’t his best game, he managed to get into their penalty area several times, and also got a good shot off that was deflected.

Danjuma is going to be another Gana though, we must realise that already.

You mean "let's ignore what he's good at and focus on the bad stuff that's usually not in his remit?". We can get the title changed in preparation :P

• 3 months later...
On 05/01/2024 at 21:41, Shukes said:

It’s good to see a player be so positive. If he could start finishing a few he could be a weapon.

So frustrating isn’t it? He seems to get loads of chances, which is a very good thing, but he’s got to score some of them.