IGNORED

Arnaut Danjuma

Doesn't surprise me. So quiet since it was 'signed and sealed'. Was clearly delaying / having second thoughts.

Champs League or a club who sacked the manager who convinced you to join. Not a hard choice 

Imperative we get a anew manager before the weekend. A week with current players and a chance to sign new ones 

Not that it will actually happen

I think we can now forget about signing anybody of substance now. We put our eggs in the basket and then dropped the fucking thing.

Sounded like Dembele was close to signing, but wants none of it now Lampard has gone.

As Zoo said who can blame any of them.  I wouldn't want to sign for us either.

We are going to end up with waste of money crap (if we are lucky) on deadline day. 

Other team supporters must be rolling around laughing their arses off. We stumble from one fuck up to another on a near daily basis. 

Last January was a debacle, sell Digne and then a couple of day later give Benitez his marching orders and then get a replacement manager the day before the window close and bring in some last minute dross. Somehow that didn't get us relegated. 

This year, we are actually going to top last January's pantomime.  

We are a completely fucked club, and will remain so for a few more years to come. I'm going to try and enjoy the ride the only other option is get off the bus, and that isn't a option for me I'll be a blue nose till the day I die. I wonder if I will get my season ticket next year, in some ways I hope not because that means everyone is still in for the long haul. 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Was my take on it also, wouldn't be much in it on wage either; in fact we might even have been offering more.

its really is an embarrassment. 

I can see the Gordon' money that it looks like we are going to cash in on potentially get squandered in a blind panic in the last few days of a transfer widow by a manager who is not even at the club and not got to know his squad yet. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

its really is an embarrassment. 

I can see the Gordon' money that it looks like we are going to cash in on potentially get squandered in a blind panic in the last few days of a transfer widow by a manager who is not even at the club and not got to know his squad yet. 

It's the DOF who decides the players to bring in and the manager to select the team.

1 minute ago, patto said:

It's the DOF who decides the players to bring in and the manager to select the team.

Ya reckon?  That’s how it’s supposed to work. 

what happens at our club is moshiri and bill play spin the bottle and decide who gets next pick. Kia joorabjian referees it

1 hour ago, patto said:

In a transfer market DoF need to work along side a manager to a certain degree.  What the very worst thing you could really do is sack the incumbent manager days before the window shut (in which you have already done zero business) and then bring in the next manager a day or so before the window slams shut so he at least has some input on who he's getting.

Maybe this year we might try the slightly obscure approach of bringing in a new manager the day after a transfer window shuts and ask player to come who don't know who they will be playing for - bit of a lucky dip. Novel, but unlikely to catch on!!.

10 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The board are to blame for making Everton an unattractive proposition to absolutely anybody, even those that initially thought they'd like to play for us.

I get that, but by all accounts it was all sorted until Levy came along. If its all true of course.

Doesn't say much about the players attitude if he's moving to be a bench warmer in a comfortable position rather than start and work hard. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I get that, but by all accounts it was all sorted until Levy came along. If its all true of course.

Doesn't say much about the players attitude if he's moving to be a bench warmer in a comfortable position rather than start and work hard. 

If he's good enough he'll play himself into the starting 11. Maybe he believes in himself.

I think it's more of a case that we're just not an attractive club to come to at the moment. I wouldn't chalk it up to his attitude. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The board are to blame for making Everton an unattractive proposition to absolutely anybody, even those that initially thought they'd like to play for us.

Yes but that's a general issue not specific to this transfer. By all accounts it was done, someone can always come in a steal a player last minute. The Ukrainian guy going to Chelsea last minute for example. The board has a lot to answer for without putting external forces on their list of crimes. 

2 hours ago, Sibdane said:

If he's good enough he'll play himself into the starting 11. Maybe he believes in himself.

I think it's more of a case that we're just not an attractive club to come to at the moment. I wouldn't chalk it up to his attitude. 

You think he's getting ahead of Son, Richarlison etc? 

15 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Bobblehead trying to reassure his paying customers he was in the dressing room. Can’t wait till his “source” gets sacked. He’s one of the reasons our fanbase is like it is 

No fan of this club is responsible for the shower of *bleep* that this owner and board have heaped on this club.

Just trying to make sure our 'boos' are laser focused, haha.

16 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes but that's a general issue not specific to this transfer. By all accounts it was done, someone can always come in a steal a player last minute. The Ukrainian guy going to Chelsea last minute for example. The board has a lot to answer for without putting external forces on their list of crimes. 

You think he's getting ahead of Son, Richarlison etc? 

If he’s good enough then yes. Like I said, maybe he believes in himself. 

8 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Think it could be a multitude of reasons. One thing is for certain though: I’m becoming more and more bitter that no one is coming in. 

Window isn't closed, so I'm not giving much attention to all this. I've not got the energy to be honest.