IGNORED

Arnaut Danjuma

done my bit of YouTube and stat research.

So he looks like a welcome flair player who will take people on, look to get forward quickly, and has plenty of tricks.

I thought he looked pretty big and strong but he's actually only 5ft8 and about 75kg so about the same as me! (i've never been called big or strong!)

Looks like he wins quite a few fouls with his tricky play, will look to get into the box but is unlikely to be providing crosses for DCL or getting many assists. (only 3 in his time at Villareal though had 7 for Bournemouth in the Championship).

It doesn't appear as though he provides much defensively though as he plays on the left and Mykolenko rarely gets forward I won't worry about that too much.  He had 7 touches in the opposition box per game last season which is a damn site more than anyone in our team has had this season.  Not sure if DCL has had 7 touches this season (yes I know he's not played a lot!).

I imagine he will probably frustrate us every now and then, losing the ball a few times a game but he certainly seems like a player that provides something to get excited about and a good bit of pace and trickery in attack that we lack.

I don't see any good coming from this loan except we aren't signing him on a long term contract and silly wages. He struggles to hold down a place at Villareal, his ex manager at Villa isn't interested in him, and he isn't what Lampard is looking for when he's looking for someone to cover for DCL, he's an inch taller than Maupay so won't be fighting for the high long ball. For me this is a desperation signing not a signing based on style of play or good coaching. But what else can be done when players don't want to touch us, scrape the barrel I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don't see any good coming from this loan except we aren't signing him on a long term contract and silly wages. He struggles to hold down a place at Villareal, his ex manager at Villa isn't interested in him, and he isn't what Lampard is looking for when he's looking for someone to cover for DCL, he's an inch taller than Maupay so won't be fighting for the high long ball. For me this is a desperation signing not a signing based on style of play or good coaching. But what else can be done when players don't want to touch us, scrape the barrel I suppose. 

You know he’s predominantly a winger don’t you? Hopefully, he’ll fill the role/void Richarlison left on the left wing. A goal scoring winger/inside forward is exactly what we need (amongst others).

17 minutes ago, c1982 said:

You know he’s predominantly a winger don’t you? Hopefully, he’ll fill the role/void Richarlison left on the left wing. A goal scoring winger/inside forward is exactly what we need (amongst others).

He played in 10 games this season in all competitions 9 CF and 1 LW. He also suffers a lot of muscular injuries. 

41 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Thats what I thought as well but he is playing through the middle recently at Villareal. 

Saying that I would still expect him to play wide for us but I imagine he will also fill in for Dom when he inevitably gets injured.