IGNORED

Arnaut Danjuma

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/07/12/everton-re-open-talks-to-sign-arnaut-danjuma-as-sean-dyche-makes-transfer-decision/

looks like this one should now be back in the rumours section.

As pissed off as I was with him going to Spurs, the club are maybe more (or at least as much) to blame as Danjuma was for this deal turning to shit at the 11th hour. He must have looked at the the club and thought what the fuck is going on here!! This club was a shambles throughout January. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/07/12/everton-re-open-talks-to-sign-arnaut-danjuma-as-sean-dyche-makes-transfer-decision/

looks like this one should now be back in the rumours section.

As pissed off as I was with him going to Spurs, the club are maybe more (or at least as much) to blame as Danjuma was for this deal turning to shit at the 11th hour. He must have looked at the the club and thought what the fuck is going on here!! This club was a shambles throughout January. 

The club still is a shambles, with the lack of a cohesive board, lack of money, and as yet lack of any promised investment, and FFP rules charge hanging over us, which if found guilty could send us as a business into free fall and potentially voluntary bankruptcy. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t interested in our second approach. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The club still is a shambles, with the lack of a cohesive board, lack of money, and as yet lack of any promised investment, and FFP rules charge hanging over us, which if found guilty could send us as a business into free fall and potentially voluntary bankruptcy. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t interested in our second approach. 

I believe he had second thoughts as Lampard was latterly sacked a matter of hours after he had agreed to come. I am guessing it was a shock to him, and making it so he simply didn't know who he might be playing under.

We are a little more stable than we where during the final few week of January. I think that was he lowest I have felt as a club.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I believe he had second thoughts as Lampard was latterly sacked a matter of hours after he had agreed to come. I am guessing it was a shock to him, and making it so he simply didn't know who he might be playing under.

We are a little more stable than we where during the final few week of January. I think that was he lowest I have felt as a club.

I agree,  I also think Lampard was the reason he committed to come and Lampard was a the reason he pulled the plug. All in all we aren’t a great pull for many players our stock as a club is falling through the floor. Gone are the days when we could pull in 1-2 big names a season that still had ambition and ability. 

I think him choosing over Spurs wouldnt really be an issue, it was just the way he did it.

He knew full well his playing time would have been limited (at best) with Spurs but decided to go there anyway despite all but signing on the dotted line. 

On one hand I dont blame him, but on the other, I wouldnt be looking to sign him unless it was financially beneficial for us.

My understanding of the situation in January was that it was because of the manager getting sacked. To be fair, would anyone in their right mind join us after the manager getting sacked a few days before the end of the window, and with our track record in managers recently - thinking Allardyce, FSW. He was right to steer well clear.

13 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

My understanding of the situation in January was that it was because of the manager getting sacked. To be fair, would anyone in their right mind join us after the manager getting sacked a few days before the end of the window, and with our track record in managers recently - thinking Allardyce, FSW. He was right to steer well clear.

If he had his head screwed on, he would have seen that Lampard going was a good thing! 🤣

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

'When someone shows you who they are, believe them.'

Sounds like a Champagne Charlie if true, he’s not good enough to play a prominent role in a AC Milan team, seems we are better off without him he obviously seems to see us as 2nd best and not an opportunity to get game time and improve himself.