IGNORED

Arnaut Danjuma

https://tbrfootball.com/everton-now-one-step-away-from-signing-exceptional-27m-forward-pl-rival-turned-down-this-summer/

I would feel a whole lot more optimistic if both Gnonto and Danjuma where added to the squad. I think Gnonto is still to young to be consider week in week out starter, so a Danjuma on loan for 12 months help give the young lad some breathing space to develop at a steady pace. 

I think the two in tandem would be a good move. finger crossed on the pair of them.

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

There will be fans against this…. I’m not arsed. Lampard was getting sacked, we let him leave without signing a form.   It’s on us - tin pot.

If he applies himself then great. 

He'll be needing to go on a big charm offensive in his first interview.

I don't hold it against him that he u-turned once Lampard was sacked, what I hold against him is the way he went about it. He could, and should, have put something out just explaining that and I'm sure the majority would have understood. But he was a snake about it and it showed what sort of a person he is really.

This is a Lampard signing if it happens and he doesn’t strike me as a Dyche type of player, so I’m guessing owner and remaining directors presiding over this signing. Either way he’ll get a last minute offer from a team in the CL and will do another u-turn. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This is a Lampard signing if it happens and he doesn’t strike me as a Dyche type of player, so I’m guessing owner and remaining directors presiding over this signing. Either way he’ll get a last minute offer from a team in the CL and will do another u-turn. 

Which may be a blessing - not struck on him at all. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He'll be needing to go on a big charm offensive in his first interview.

I don't hold it against him that he u-turned once Lampard was sacked, what I hold against him is the way he went about it. He could, and should, have put something out just explaining that and I'm sure the majority would have understood. But he was a snake about it and it showed what sort of a person he is really.

Thinking back it does seem like he was snide in his tweets.  Anyhow, if he signs he better be a good lad. 

I hope he comes here to prove a point after snubbing us in January and sitting on Spurs' bench for the remainder.

Wasn't hopeful of getting him once AC Milan started getting rumoured, but the optimist in me is hoping it's one of those "it was always meant to be" things and he turns out to be out new Pienaar.

The only thing that worries me is that its said to be done by the weekend - that's 48 hours away! 😨

1 hour ago, patto said:

The loan enables us to spend elsewhere it's an ideal situation and if he doesn't cut it we don't sign him.

Especially given that to me he is a (better) Gray replacement. We should be able to comfortably sell Gray now for a reasonable fee, then reinvest the majority of that into a signing that better suits us. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I am sure he has not come to Everton to try and build a Burnley type squad. 

Well he’s doing pretty decent job of it at the moment imo. Danjuma isn’t a player who wants to be chasing back from what I’ve seen of him which won’t go down well with Dyche he expects that of every player with no exceptions. So that means probably 2 things happen Danjuma doesn’t change his style so gets dropped, or he does and that results in what he’s better at being watered down by all the defensive work he will be expected to get through. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Well he’s doing pretty decent job of it at the moment imo. Danjuma isn’t a player who wants to be chasing back from what I’ve seen of him which won’t go down well with Dyche he expects that of every player with no exceptions. So that means probably 2 things happen Danjuma doesn’t change his style so gets dropped, or he does and that results in what he’s better at being watered down by all the defensive work he will be expected to get through. 

Don't see how you can judge him of already of building a Burnley type team - Danjuma is only the second player to come it under his stewardship, with Young the first.  This is Dyche's first window for building anything.

he's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't, by the sound of it. Don't want a stereotypical Dyche team, but also don't appear happy with players that don't slot in to the stereotype. 

I think Danjuma will work fine in both a counter attacking team and also be useful in games where we might dominate the ball a bit more. Like other have said a versatile player across the front line, with two good feet and an eye for goal.  I haven't heard of any problems about his general work rate. 

36 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Like other have said a versatile player across the front line, with two good feet and an eye for goal.  I haven't heard of any problems about his general work rate. 

I agree he has those attributes I just don’t think we will get to see them that much when he spends more time in his own half. A great comparison for that is Iwobi picked to start every single game last season under Dyche, yet ridiculed by most on here, so who’s right Dyche or TT members, Dyche loved him for his work rate in helping the RB, Iwobi was flying in the first half of the season under Lampard. Then you have Gray possibly close to being our most dangerous and exciting midfielder/ winger, yet didn’t fit with Dyche because he didn’t do enough in his own half, and that doesn’t fit in a Dyche set up, he looks for running and hard work before flair and attacking ability, not saying that’s a problem that’s how he sets his team’s up, but you need certain players who have the ability and energy to adapt to that style and I’ve seen nothing that suggests Danjuma has that in his game. 

I’m so think you will see different tactics though Palfy. 
Last season it was necessary for us to have a team that was as compact as possible. We couldn’t afford to play players like Gray as we were in a desperate situation. We needed an Iwobi to help out at the expense of expressive football.

With a clean start, we may see Dyche try to win more matches and so open up with more expressive players. Of course, this is all a maybe.

43 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m so think you will see different tactics though Palfy. 
Last season it was necessary for us to have a team that was as compact as possible. We couldn’t afford to play players like Gray as we were in a desperate situation. We needed an Iwobi to help out at the expense of expressive football.

With a clean start, we may see Dyche try to win more matches and so open up with more expressive players. Of course, this is all a maybe.

Hope you’re right Shukes I really do, if we are trying to bring players in with some flair and ability it would be a shame to stifle it. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Thinking back it does seem like he was snide in his tweets.  Anyhow, if he signs he better be a good lad. 

We don't know all the details, and I wouldn't want to judge someone by that unfortunate episode. If he joins Everton now, I hope he gets as big a rousing cheer as everyone else.

8 hours ago, RPG said:

Trevor Steven and Kevin Sheedy were superb attacking players but they also put a shift in to help out Gary Stevens and Psycho Pat every game. I have a feeling that this style is what Dyche is trying to move us to - though it won’t all happen in one window or even one season, of course.

Pat never required or requested help from anyone, in fact the complete opposite would be more an accurate assessment of one of the hardest men to wear an Everton shirt in my time of watching the Blues.