IGNORED

Pre-season 2021/22

MikeO

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

He's looked hungry hasn't he? I know the opposition's quality hasn't been great but I didn't realise how good his feet were.

His talent was always clear as day in the short bits I'd seen in the past, amazed by his fall from grace. Hopefully his head is sorted now because, if it is, we've got a quality player on our hands. 

On 30/07/2021 at 23:58, Matt said:

His talent was always clear as day in the short bits I'd seen in the past, amazed by his fall from grace. Hopefully his head is sorted now because, if it is, we've got a quality player on our hands. 

Watching him I have been surprised. The speed of his feet at times is something no other player in our team has got.

Your’e spot on with his head. If he can be coached right, we may have a bargain on our hands.

On 30/07/2021 at 14:18, Bailey said:

That is true, Mahrez is similar as well, but they are exceptional footballers. Even the biggest supporters of Gray do not think he is that good. I am not sure about Robben, but Mahrez is capable on his other foot. Gray was taking touches with his right foot when it was far more awkward to do so which means he is more off balance and generally has less reach. The advantage he gains with that pace can be lost because he doesn't want to use his left foot.

As a defender, if I work out a player is one footed, it doesn't matter how quick or technical they are, I know they can be stopped or at least significantly restricted in what they can do through positioning and showing them the way they least want to go.

The league is also very defensive on the whole so whilst I am sure he will be fine in open games like he was against the two South American sides, it will be very different when he is cutting inside into banks of 4 in the league.

I always think this but if you watch Messi he generally keeps things on his left but still manages to beat most defenders and I always think that surely you know which way he is going to go.

I know it's my biggest issue when I play though, i'm very much left footed and can't do a thing on my right!  anyone that's played against me for a while knows which way i'm going every time!  If only I could use my right I could have been a great player! 😆

3 hours ago, FairWooney said:

always think this but if you watch Messi he generally keeps things on his left but still manages to beat most defender

Remember Chelsea absolutely destroying him one game. Assume it was Ashely Cole, but can't remember who was left back, they kept playing him on his right and he had no answer. At one point he carried the ball all the way from the left to wing to the right, was embarrassing. 

4 hours ago, FairWooney said:

I always think this but if you watch Messi he generally keeps things on his left but still manages to beat most defenders and I always think that surely you know which way he is going to go.

I know it's my biggest issue when I play though, i'm very much left footed and can't do a thing on my right!  anyone that's played against me for a while knows which way i'm going every time!  If only I could use my right I could have been a great player! 😆

😂

I am two footed in that I am equally as bad with both :)

I haven't seen anything from the club to say whether or not the finalists are back in training yet but I think they probably should be. Kane was expected back at Spurs on Monday so I suspect they are. 

I would be surprised if they play though as it would be quite a short turn around. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I haven't seen anything from the club to say whether or not the finalists are back in training yet but I think they probably should be. Kane was expected back at Spurs on Monday so I suspect they are. 

I would be surprised if they play though as it would be quite a short turn around. 

DCL definitely is back in training.