IGNORED

Wolverhampton Wanderers (Away) 1st Nov

MikeO

• MikeO changed the title to Wolverhampton Wanderers (Away) 1st Nov

Won’t be an easy game especially with our current form. Their 3-4-2-1 will over run us with only 2 cm’s. More bodies in the centre and pace up front to get at their back 3 quickly.

Pickford 

Coleman  Mina*   Keane   Digne 

Gbamin   Allan    Davies

Townsend**                        Gray 

Richarlison 

* Haven’t looked to see if he is fit, fingers crossed though.

** Gordon unlucky to miss out but wouldn’t have an issue if he started.

Wolves have won just one of their last six home Premier League games against Everton (three draws, two defeats) - a 3-0 victory in July 2020.

Everton won home and away against Wolves last season and are looking to secure three consecutive league victories against them for the first time since a run of eight between 1964 and 1970.

Wolves have won just one of their 10 Premier League home games played on Mondays (three draws, six losses), beating Crystal Palace 2-0 in July 2020.

Wolves started the season a bit toothless, playing good football but not really scoring however they have started to find the net a bit more recently. I feel like their style of football will suit our counter attack if we can stop them from scoring. I watched the Brentford game and they did a job on Wolves, taking their chances.

Wolves recent points come against those teams who are struggling in the league, so I hope we're not too mentally defeated already. Losing Doucoure is a huge blow, as he has been one of our stand out performers this season and possibly the most influential player in our squad at this moment in time. If Gomes is fit I'd like to see us try to match them in a 343, although this may not be possible with other injuries in the squad.

I can see us setting up in more or a 4411 again. I'm preying Richarlison is fit to start, to avoid having to watch Rondon try to play football again.

Pickford

Coleman     Keane  Godfrey   Digne

Allan     Gbamin    Davies

Townsend         Richarlison      Gray

I don't see this happening with Gbamin clearly not high in Benitez plans at the moment but there's not really many options and I'd favour having 3 in midfield especially given that loss of control in the area without Doucoure.  Wolves have looked good in attack when i've seen them recently, some good fast attacks and Hwang looks a really dangerous finisher.

If we went 2 then my preference would be for Gordon to come in and Gray to go in the middle but we'll probably end up picking Iwobi! 😨

The amount of injuries we have, and have had for a season or two now is just completely beyond a joke. Without sounding like a conspiracy theorist you have to wonder what's going on at Finch Farm, do we have SAS themed sessions as opposed to ballwork? 

Granted Rondon being out is a bit like saying the canteen has ran out of dog shit burgers but still, just mind-blowing.

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The amount of injuries we have, and have had for a season or two now is just completely beyond a joke. Without sounding like a conspiracy theorist you have to wonder what's going on at Finch Farm, do we have SAS themed sessions as opposed to ballwork? 

Granted Rondon being out is a bit like saying the canteen has ran out of dog shit burgers but still, just mind-blowing.

Bravo.  

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I see the injuries are hitting us harder than I thought, only Pickford and Coleman playing @MikeO😋?

Own goal:D. I just put the thread up because I've updated the player totals, not put all the options up because I don't know the team yet but the system insisted I put up a couple of choices, I hope we have some candidates further up the pitch:unsure: