• Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • André Gomes
    • Andros Townsend
    • Demarai Gray
    • Richarlison
    • Salomón Rondón
    • Anthony Gordon

58 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Apart from when he didnt get anything on the 2nd goal?

That came through a crowd of players who never got a touch on it he saw it late imo, so we can’t just blame him, if you watch it you can see he sees it late and his attempt is just a late reaction to try and get something on it. Well that’s how I see it. 

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

That came through a crowd of players who never got a touch on it he saw it late imo, so we can’t just blame him, if you watch it you can see he sees it late and his attempt is just a late reaction to try and get something on it. Well that’s how I see it. 

They should have all done better but he was one of them. He has to deal with it. 

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Shouldn't have been there anyway, he was playing left back and he was last man on the right side of the penalty area. You can blame any one of Coleman, Holgate, and Keane who should have been there, not Godfrey.

Why would that matter at a corner? 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

They should have all done better but he was one of them. He has to deal with it. 

Why would that matter at a corner? 

I agree they all should have defended the corner better, but it came through a crowd at a very low angle no higher than 5-6ft and took Godfrey completely by surprise, but should you always be ready to expect the unexpected there could be an argument for that I suppose. It was a shame really because as a team we dealt really well at defending dead ball situations for a team who are bottom of the stats in conceding from dead ball situations, and we had a lot of corners and free kicks to deal with in that game. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Why would he duck away from the ball?

No idea, it was almost like watching an U10 player nod his head towards the ball to make it look like he is trying… when really he doesn’t want to touch it because he is scared he might score on OG.

A bit like Iwobi tackling…. If I run along side this player…. The boss will think I’m working back, but I just won’t put a foot in.