IGNORED

Ashley Cole

Gwlad

21 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Certainly changed my perception of Ashley.

You can tell he’s driven. People often do judge based on how a person sounds when they speak,  as I said earlier in the thread - you don’t work for class managers and operate in top defences and have Ronaldo in your pocket every time you play without being sharp.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If the ball hadn't taken a deflection due to another player desperately defending to get us a point then Keane clears that no bother. As it is he was wrong-footed and couldn't adjust himself quick enough. I think people are being a bit over the top about this one.

I understand he's an easy target because he has made some big mistakes but I wouldn't put today's in there. It was just one of those things in my opinion.

The more I watch it the more I feel like he reacts too slowly. I understand being flat-footed, but that just looked really, really bad. 

2 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

The more I watch it the more I feel like he reacts too slowly. I understand being flat-footed, but that just looked really, really bad. 

I can totally see that point of view, mate, I really can.

I feel really sorry for every player out there today though. You know me, I'm always willing to criticise a player but they were all fucking robbed today. 

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If the ball hadn't taken a deflection due to another player desperately defending to get us a point then Keane clears that no bother. As it is he was wrong-footed and couldn't adjust himself quick enough. I think people are being a bit over the top about this one.

I understand he's an easy target because he has made some big mistakes but I wouldn't put today's in there. It was just one of those things in my opinion.

He had time to adjust. Watch it again, his mobility in general is shocking. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can totally see that point of view, mate, I really can.

I feel really sorry for every player out there today though. You know me, I'm always willing to criticise a player but they were all fucking robbed today. 

I think the team inclusive of Keane were a credit but he does this just far too often. He and Holgate generally just can’t seem to go through a game without making simple mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I have and I really don't think the blame being put on him is right, but it is what it is.

I get the sentiment as he was having a good game but we are in the shit because players like him have had far too many errors. 

it is shit and the ref and his team of cheats mean that Keane is probably gutted tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I get the sentiment as he was having a good game but we are in the shit because players like him have had far too many errors. 

it is shit and the ref and his team of cheats mean that Keane is probably gutted tonight. 

It's not sentiment though, I'm saying outright that I don't think he fucked up.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's not sentiment though, I'm saying outright that I don't think he fucked up.

I get how it happened, but I don’t think a decent defender gets done like that. That was the movement of a player who is due to retire as the legs aren’t doing it. 

put it this way, I’m in no way angry at him like I am with players who have hidden for months.  Just pissed off. He 

we will be fine if we regroup and continue to play like that. Let’s batter Newcastle at our gaff and a few others. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Foden had zero time to react after Keane’s touch and yet he does. Keane had ages to just get anything on it. Technically very different footballers but it is a huge, huge mistake.

The difference is that the ball goes straight into Foden's path. His body weight isn't going one way then having to shift the other. 

You can see at one point just after Holgate has touched it than all of Keane's bodyweight is moving forward to go and clear the original ball. As soon as he is trying change direction in that short time its going to become really difficult. I don't think its impossible to have got more on the deflected cross, but you can see exactly why what happened, happened. 

What makes it worse is that little touch makes it even easier for Foden because more pace comes off the ball and it loops up. He is facing the way the ball is traveling, he never has to shift his bodyweight or change direction and he finishes with the instinct Richarlison should have earlier in the game. 

Getting ready for the U10s at min. My 9 year old just came out his room laughing his head off. He said Keane is Phil Jones brother. 
Its obvious it wasn’t Keanes fault. It’s all on Lampard this one! He was the one that made them warm up with elastic bands on their ankles….. not Keanes fault no one took his off.

It’s comical the way he moves on that ball. For some to say he didn't have time to react is almost as funny as watching it again. He actually moves his foot towards the ball to react…. But stops? 

Let’s say that again…. He moves his foot towards the ball to react… but stops. 

Now there are two things being missed here.

1: he would have been conscious of flicking the ball past Picks.

2: he didn't look at all aware that Foden was behind him.

Before that mistake… and it was a mistake, he was actually solid and having a very good game.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

The difference is that the ball goes straight into Foden's path. His body weight isn't going one way then having to shift the other. 

You can see at one point just after Holgate has touched it than all of Keane's bodyweight is moving forward to go and clear the original ball. As soon as he is trying change direction in that short time its going to become really difficult. I don't think its impossible to have got more on the deflected cross, but you can see exactly why what happened, happened. 

What makes it worse is that little touch makes it even easier for Foden because more pace comes off the ball and it loops up. He is facing the way the ball is traveling, he never has to shift his bodyweight or change direction and he finishes with the instinct Richarlison should have earlier in the game. 

What made it easier for Foden was Keane’s movement to where he anticipated the ball would go, by doing so he left the player he was marking and wrong footed himself, he had Foden covered then left him, when will defenders ever learn never leave your man if he doesn’t do what he did he clears it easily. 

If you are talking about balance,  Richarlisons shot on goal was a snap shot with ball right in the middle of his body with its momentum moving to his left when he was already committed to a right foot dig, the only option he had was to get as much purchase on it as he could.  If he was on an angle it was a goal.  The key thing is richarlison made contact with the ball.

he could have maybe controlled it outside of right boot to take it right which would have opened up the goal but the snapshot was the best option imo

He only had to toe it behind for a corner… Yes it goes to foden’s path but he still reacts and gets a perfect touch to round the keeper in an absolute fraction of the time Keane had to deal with it.

That game summed up Micheal Keane to be honest. Capable but has that one catastrophic moment. 

If that was Mina or Holgate they would be torn to shreds.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

What made it easier for Foden was Keane’s movement to where he anticipated the ball would go, by doing so he left the player he was marking and wrong footed himself, he had Foden covered then left him, when will defenders ever learn never leave your man if he doesn’t do what he did he clears it easily. 

Are you saying Keane shouldnt have tried to clear the original ball coming into the box (before Holgate got a toe to it)?

I don't see any defender just letting that ball go across the box.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

He only had to toe it behind for a corner… Yes it goes to foden’s path but he still reacts and gets a perfect touch to round the keeper in an absolute fraction of the time Keane had to deal with it.

That game summed up Micheal Keane to be honest. Capable but has that one catastrophic moment. 

If that was Mina or Holgate they would be torn to shreds.

I think he was trying to get something on it. His balance was so bad that all he could get was what ultimately turned out to be the perfect touch for Foden. 

You can say exactly the same about Holgate. Why didn't he just get a bit more on it to put it behind for a corner? 

I know everyone likes someone to blame but this was just one of those things. As soon as the cross is allowed into the box, there is a chance that something like this happens.

I’m saying he anticipated a ball going somewhere it didn’t, whilst there a players between the destination of the ball there will always be a chance of a deflection, once he committed to going to a ball that didn’t arrive he wrong footed himself and left his man free the man who scored the goal, if he concentrated on staying tight to his man there is no goal, his face showed he new he messed up the 3 pundits on motd put it down to him, I wouldn’t even say in hindsight you could defend him, defenders are told don’t leave your man he’s been done by his own movement and not good movement from Foden, goals happen in the box by good movement, players unmarked or defensive mistakes, that imo was a defensive mistake. 

17 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was a huge mistake IMO. He just wasn’t concentrating. That costs us a point yesterday. 

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Horrendous. Aggravated burglary….. can’t even imagine how you recover and enjoy your home again. 

unsurprising that the likes of Rooney turn their homes into fortresses.