• Michael Keane
    • Vitaliy Mykolenko
    • Mason Holgate
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Demarai Gray
    • Richarlison

Hard one for me. Arguably our best two players made the biggest mistakes.

I am not sure anyone else really put their neck on the line for it. Maybe Holgate given what he had to adapt to during the game and the goal? Again his mistake leading to the first goal though.

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Hard one for me. Arguably our best two players made the biggest mistakes.

I am not sure anyone else really put their neck on the line for it. Maybe Holgate given what he had to adapt to during the game and the goal? Again his mistake leading to the first goal though.

Same issue for me. Iwobi was walking away with MOTM until that stupid mistake. Now don't really know. 

27 minutes ago, barryj said:

Can’t give a MOTM to a player that ultimately cost us a point being ridiculous my lackadaisical. Problem is there weren’t many other stand out performers. 

Normally I would agree but....

We are in a place where too many players are hiding.  Iwobi struggles with confidence and he has stood up to the plate and the challenge of the manager.  We have a group of individuals where too many don't want to be the man who makes the mistake.  

I can't give MOTM to a player who "played it safe" - after all that's what Keanes pass was....... "oh there's Richie in acres, if I make a 20 yard pass to him we are on the break!..... no sod that, there's alex 10 feet away ill just fire this at him even though there is no one for him to pass to"

5 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Don't understand all the votes for iwobi he cost us the game and completely lost the plot after the mistake . I'm baffled 

he didn't lose the plot though - he carried on working his backside off.  Downing tools is something his team mates generally do (and he himself has done)

Maybe everyone should do a dcl and just look at everyone else to do the work, whilst everyone else is looking at everyone else to do the work.....  which essentially is why we are where we are.

Felt for Iwobi and I'm glad lampard defended him cos he looks a very good option in midfield at the stage we are.  We need players to be brave and work for each other - not hide and pass the buck.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

he didn't lose the plot though - he carried on working his backside off.  Downing tools is something his team mates generally do (and he himself has done)

Maybe everyone should do a dcl and just look at everyone else to do the work, whilst everyone else is looking at everyone else to do the work.....  which essentially is why we are where we are.

Felt for Iwobi and I'm glad lampard defended him cos he looks a very good option in midfield at the stage we are.  We need players to be brave and work for each other - not hide and pass the buck.

For 10 minutes after the howler he gave the ball away every time he touched it trying too hard to make up for his mistake.

We looked the more likely to win that game after the equaliser until his howler sorry I can't give man of the match to the guy that cost us the game

9 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

For 10 minutes after the howler he gave the ball away every time he touched it trying too hard to make up for his mistake.

We looked the more likely to win that game after the equaliser until his howler sorry I can't give man of the match to the guy that cost us the game

He did go very much into his shell right away but at least he did pull himself out of it too. There are plenty of times where he has completely disappeared with far smaller mistakes. Sadly that is a positive for this side these days.

1 hour ago, BedfordBlue said:

No doubt he ran his socks of and would have been mom if it wasn't for that mistake but for me that mistake was massive.

That mistake was very costly it can’t be denied it’s there for all to see, but should every time a midfielder gives up possession in the opponent’s half we should expect a goal to come from it, I would say no we shouldn’t we would expect our defence to nullify the threat but ours at that moment in time had switched off and were all over the place, and that can’t be laid at Iwobi’s door.  

Holgate done well stepping into midfield and also getting a goal. Silly foul on the edge of the box. But I gave MOTM to him.

Sorry but Iwobis mistake is inexcusable. How a professional premier league footballer can miscrontrol the ball like that is beyond me.  Flashbacks of Gerrard career ending slip. It’s just poor very very poor. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not impressed with him laughing and joking with fabianski at final whistle btw. Pisses me off that shit

Jordan has learned to compartmentalise and turn off emotion at the final whistle. Sports psychologists have been pushing this for years and years. Can’t analyse when upset, so being calm will help. And besides, this things make lovely memes. 

I’ve been working on this for a couple of months myself. I used to take my work home in my head, and Everton results too. I don’t want to have that negatively impact on my family. So work switches off at 5:15, I take the time on my own after Everton games to get rid before I see my wife and daughter, in that time I stay off Twitter and TT. I’m just like Jordan Pickford  😂

image.jpeg.7bcf83f73d76fae9a9fcd0fdcaa63a41.jpeg

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Jordan has learned to compartmentalise and turn off emotion at the final whistle. Sports psychologists have been pushing this for years and years. Can’t analyse when upset, so being calm will help. And besides, this things make lovely memes. 

I’ve been working on this for a couple of months myself. I used to take my work home in my head, and Everton results too. I don’t want to have that negatively impact on my family. So work switches off at 5:15, I take the time on my own after Everton games to get rid before I see my wife and daughter, in that time I stay off Twitter and TT. I’m just like Jordan Pickford  😂

image.jpeg.7bcf83f73d76fae9a9fcd0fdcaa63a41.jpeg

A heavy bout of depression, seeing people getting their lives destroyed, people losing loved ones also helps put things into perspective. 

just a job isn’t it.

the flip side of it is that to many fans - Everton is all they have in their lives… it is their life.   For me, the players need to save their jovial socials for inside the tunnel or whatever.  Not asking them to fall on their knees crying but to maybe not look as though they feel ok about losing. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

A heavy bout of depression, seeing people getting their lives destroyed, people losing loved ones also helps put things into perspective. 

just a job isn’t it.

the flip side of it is that to many fans - Everton is all they have in their lives… it is their life.   For me, the players need to save their jovial socials for inside the tunnel or whatever.  Not asking them to fall on their knees crying but to maybe not look as though they feel ok about losing. 

I know what you mean, and felt the same. Just had to try to let it go when I realised it’s not just me it effects. So when I was annoyed seeing Pickford have a little giggle with Moyes after the game I had to just laugh it off thinking he’ll probably sign for them when we go down. 😂