IGNORED

New Kit

• 1 year later...

I get a shirt every year, it's a bit of a tradition but without sounding like a tight arse I'm getting less and less bothered by them. £60 for what (IMO) haven't been great shirts for a few years, the only recent ones that were 10/10 was the Umbro kit with navy (the one where Lukaku scored about 90 goals) and the Hummel that James Rodriguez played in.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I’ve got Castore hoodies, shorts, golf shirts….. spot on.  

I have a few bits, McLaren mostly, and for me the extra is worth paying for the quality. But that's as a single adult with only one grandson following the hallowed path, if I had to pay out for several I'd feel differently in all likelihood.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

I have a few bits, McLaren mostly, and for me the extra is worth paying for the quality. But that's as a single adult with only one grandson following the hallowed path, if I had to pay out for several I'd feel differently in all likelihood.

I think the small increase is worth it.  Quality is far better than most other manufacturers. 

I get that it may be a bit of a squeeze for some parents etc but as a parent who buys 2 kits I would rather pay a few quid more for better quality. 

I think the club should find the supplementary stuff like polo shirts etc far better. Hopefully increase revenue. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think the club should find the supplementary stuff like polo shirts etc far better. Hopefully increase revenue. 

How would that work when we have the deal with Kitbag/Fanatics?

Edit - I've also seen fans of clubs that use Castore saying how shit their shirts are. So I guess we'll find out just how good they are soon enough.

Nice of the club to move to a more expensive manufacturer during a cost of living crisis though, fair play to them for that.

With the increase in season ticket prices and now this I reckon I'll just be picking one shirt a season to buy.

Our Hummel shirts are £65 for adults, £50 for kids.

Rangers Castore shirts are £70 for adults, £55 for kids.

But what I really dont like, and some other manufacturers are doing this now, is they sell a replica shirt and a pro shirt. You just know kids will want the pro shirt. A kids pro shirt is £105, if your kid is in adult sizes (so probably just a teenager) the adult pro shirt is £115. The whole idea of selling a pro and a replica is purely to extract more money from the fans. For Hummel, the shirt we buy in the shop is not a replica shirt, its the same shirt the players wear. 

Our Hummel infant kit is £45, Rangers Castore infant kit is £55.

In terms of quality, my Hummel shirts have all been absolutely fine. Same quality as our previous Umbro and Nike shirts, no issues at all. My daughter has had four kits so far (one more wrapped up for Christmas) the first one had a melted Hummel badge (swapped at the shop with no question) and on the current one the button/popper came off and again swapped at the shop (this one had name and number on the back and they just did it straight away). 

I see no issue with quality with Hummel at all.

For balance, Castore sorted the issue the Villa players had with their shirts pretty quickly. Though I expect those players had the "pro" shirt, which I would never pay so much extra to say its a pro shirt anyway, so I dont care.

I really dont care who makes the shirt, as long as they dont take the piss out of the fans and it looks good.

I've never paid more than £60 for one of our shirts, I think I wont be buying any for more than that.

On 15/12/2023 at 10:08, StevO said:

Our Hummel shirts are £65 for adults, £50 for kids.

Rangers Castore shirts are £70 for adults, £55 for kids.

But what I really dont like, and some other manufacturers are doing this now, is they sell a replica shirt and a pro shirt. You just know kids will want the pro shirt. A kids pro shirt is £105, if your kid is in adult sizes (so probably just a teenager) the adult pro shirt is £115. The whole idea of selling a pro and a replica is purely to extract more money from the fans. For Hummel, the shirt we buy in the shop is not a replica shirt, its the same shirt the players wear. 

Our Hummel infant kit is £45, Rangers Castore infant kit is £55.

In terms of quality, my Hummel shirts have all been absolutely fine. Same quality as our previous Umbro and Nike shirts, no issues at all. My daughter has had four kits so far (one more wrapped up for Christmas) the first one had a melted Hummel badge (swapped at the shop with no question) and on the current one the button/popper came off and again swapped at the shop (this one had name and number on the back and they just did it straight away). 

I see no issue with quality with Hummel at all.

For balance, Castore sorted the issue the Villa players had with their shirts pretty quickly. Though I expect those players had the "pro" shirt, which I would never pay so much extra to say its a pro shirt anyway, so I dont care.

I really dont care who makes the shirt, as long as they dont take the piss out of the fans and it looks good.

I've never paid more than £60 for one of our shirts, I think I wont be buying any for more than that.

If Carlsberg did shirts they’d probably be the best shirts ever. 

• 4 weeks later...