• Alex Iwobi
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Demarai Gray
    • Dwight McNeil
    • Tom Davies
    • Salomón Rondón
    • Dele Alli
    • Amadou Onana

Iwobi by a mile today. With Doucoure seemingly banged up I will be disappointed if it’s not him and Onana next time out. I thought Patterson was solid given how inexperienced he still is. Bit overzealous sometimes and gets caught out because of it but that’ll come with time. Some good quality going forward from him.

Went with Patterson just ahead of Holgate.

Holgate seemed to read danger today and made it look simple by getting in the right positions.

But Patterson edged it due to his willingness to get forward compete with the 50/50 balls. 

Iwobi was good, but slowed play down so much by going backwards. I wish he could just be a little braver.

So disappointed with our forward three today. I wish we had a squad big enough to bench them, I really do. It’s a team game and they all need to get involved. Football is fun when you have the ball and I get that. But you need to be part of a team when off the ball.

Gordon epitomised this when ghosted last on the byline, and he stopped… just stopped. It was like he was saying… well I tried, but someone else take over now. I feel I’m picking on him recently, but it’s due to having such high hopes for him last season, and now seeing him swagger about a bit.

Demari is the same, great when bursting forward and getting a shot it, but rarely involved when we haven’t got the ball.

Dwight: not sure what to say, two games in and he is making Gomes look like the teams lynch pin. Actually forgot who was playing up there at one point and had to look around the pitch.

Gave it to Iwobi because he is just really impressing me right now.

Big shout for Holgate, he cleaned up a lot of stuff I would expect coady & tarkowski to be dealing with. Would almost expect it to be other way around. Hopefully he continues this form though.

Its a new backline so I’m not expecting clean sheets just yet but I feel they are coming. 

Gray, Gordon & Mcneil need a word. Haven’t been anywhere good enough. 

16 hours ago, Btay said:

Gave it to Iwobi because he is just really impressing me right now.

Big shout for Holgate, he cleaned up a lot of stuff I would expect coady & tarkowski to be dealing with. Would almost expect it to be other way around. Hopefully he continues this form though.

Its a new backline so I’m not expecting clean sheets just yet but I feel they are coming. 

Gray, Gordon & Mcneil need a word. Haven’t been anywhere good enough. 

Honestly, I wouldn't start Gray. He's becoming a bit of a headless chicken.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Becoming a headless chicken !!  He has been for a long time.

Completely agree. He’ll dribble until he can get a shot or cross off, or die trying. His style of play just suited us more at the start of last season, when we were mostly dependent on counter attacks. It’s been a similar situation for Doucoure too.