IGNORED

If Frank goes

Finn balor

4 hours ago, Matt said:

If we sack him were basically following the Watford playbook and that will only ever end 1 way. He needs time, he needs a proper striker and he needs support.

What do you mean by proper striker?

We have Dom and he bought Maupay. Would you sell Dom to bring in someone else or would you be looking at having three? 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

We have Dom and he bought Maupay. Would you sell Dom to bring in someone else or would you be looking at having three? 

We need someone who can consistently put the ball in the back of the net/stay on the pitch. Dom had one good season, and then spent much of last year and all of this year injured. 

I love Dom, but he's not the answer. I so wish he was, because there's a real player in there, but we need something different. 

Maupay is a squad number with an occasional moment of brilliance. That's all.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

If Lampard goes Imo we will be relegated, who do we get? Some have said Tuchel, Poch, and Potter 😂😂👍 crazy fuckers if you believe that's a possibility. He has to stay for us to have any realistic chance of turning the last run of games around, he's proved he is capable of getting results with the players at his disposal.  Tuchel and Poch first question will be "how much have I got to spend"? Reply "nothing" responses "seriously, then thanks for the offer but no thanks" and I think that will be same for any manager who is looking to be or is already successful, trust me we aren't a club that is attractive to anyone bar those who are desperate to get back into PL management for a big off. Unfortunately we have been sold down the river by Moshiri's fuck ups and are becoming a managerial grave yard due to his incompetence, but let's carry on blaming the manager and give Moshiri a free ride. 

I agree with 99% of this, up until the end. I don't think people who might want frank out are also backing Moshiri. They're not mutually exclusive. I think everyone knows that Moshiri is the problem

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

We don't really have Dom, he's become a sicknote. Maupay is a support forward. A striker for me is someone like Lukaku, an out and out goalscorer, a focal point. 

I think we need all 3, selling Dom isn't really an option and even if it was, we're seeing how 1 injury upfront basically cripples the entire team. 

30 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Bringing in a striker - a natural who seizes every opportunity to score - would transform our team. Just look at our stats: Without such a player, we struggle to score even a single goal.

Depositing a cheque for £1m would do wonders for my bank balance  but we are where we are

14 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

One thing we did do under Martinez was score a lot of goals. As for defence...

Any speculation of Lampard leaving, though, is absolute nuts. We'd be crazy, certifiable crazy.

Easily done if you have Lukaku up front, and personally I think Martinez would be a disaster

Im starting to calm down a bit now, although still pissed off with Frank I agree we can’t just keep changing managers and I think that’s the only thing keeping him in the job

On paper his backroom staff are extremely impressive and to be honest I would love us to be able to play the kind of football Lampard wants us to play and I quite like him as a bloke, especially as he seemed to have bought into the ethos of the club and the city

I was fully onboard with him, especially after the Palace game but he lost me last week as soon as he threw the first Bournemouth game, which backfired massively 

He needlessly put us on the ropes with those two complete capitulations against fellow relegation candidates and I’m convinced he would have been gone by Christmas if we hadn’t had this break

Lets hope he uses the time wisely 

If we get the January window right & get 2, if lucky 3 first team attacking players in that will completely change the team.

Results haven’t been great along with performances, everyone can see that but we have 2 young fullbacks, young CM & a young winger - all with potential to be good premier league players.

Maupay was a needs must buy because Frank inherited a squad with Rondon as back up & really needed Dom to stay fit. Unfortunately it’s time to look past Dom as we don’t have the luxury to carry any players and quite honestly, he’s not good enough to carry as much as I like him.

For me The Board need to make the decision now, which the may well have already done. If they are considering pulling the trigger it needs to be now as it’s the perfect time for a new manager to come in and work with the squad for a few weeks before the Premiership returns and the transfer window is about to open

It’s no good giving Frank the window and allowing him a few games to turn it around. If we stick with him we need to bite the bullet and stick with him for the long haul, even if we go down

I am glad to see that given the title of this string - the majority of people appear to behind giving Frank more time and a proper and fair period of time to do something at the club. He is the first manager in god know how long who seem to get us and genuinely cares about Everton FC.

I personnel think improvement will be a slow boil, but I don't mind that  - we have tried to many times to push for a quick fix.

Patience has always be key to this appointment. The club and fans alike need to show it. Dust ourselves down and simply get behind it.

On 16/11/2022 at 02:15, dunlopp9987 said:

We need someone who can consistently put the ball in the back of the net/stay on the pitch. Dom had one good season, and then spent much of last year and all of this year injured. 

I love Dom, but he's not the answer. I so wish he was, because there's a real player in there, but we need something different. 

Maupay is a squad number with an occasional moment of brilliance. That's all.

Thats easily said and done but how many teams in the league have someone that can do that?

It's also not like we are creating lots of chances for our strikers.

If that is all Maupay is for us, he should never have been bought and especially not at the price we paid for a guy on the last year of his contract. It was always likely he would play a good chunk of games every season. 

On 16/11/2022 at 02:15, RPG said:

I'd sell DCL tomorrow for a decent price. He has lost form and is almost always injured. How many games has he started this season? How many goals has he scored for us this season?

I think he would have to be the sacrificial lamb for us to afford a different quality striker in but then will that player come here?

23 hours ago, Matt said:

We don't really have Dom, he's become a sicknote. Maupay is a support forward. A striker for me is someone like Lukaku, an out and out goalscorer, a focal point. 

I think we need all 3, selling Dom isn't really an option and even if it was, we're seeing how 1 injury upfront basically cripples the entire team. 

A player like Rom will cost at least £20-30mil and if I am honest, I dont see a player as raw as he was when he joined helping us. He came into a very attacking team which created good chances for the striker. 

Then if you did bring in someone like that, you wont be able to keep all three happy and nor can we afford to have that amount of money being wasted on the bench when other areas of the pitch need attention. 

I certainly have my doubts about Lampard as I don't see the same tangible progress that some of you do, but I also want to see him sacked only for us to do the same with another manager of a similar calibre. I can't speak for too many other leagues, but there aren't many good quality managers available in the domestic leagues (if any).

I am confident Lampard still has the dressing room behind him and I think there is enough about this team under his guidance to stop us going down. I just don't know how high that ceiling is. Unless the players do give up on him, the only reason we should move on from Lampard is if there is a genuine quality manager available who will come to the club. I am not saying this has to be a Pochettino or something like that, but a manager that has shown he can improve players, improve performances and over-achieve with the resources available.

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

For me The Board need to make the decision now, which the may well have already done. If they are considering pulling the trigger it needs to be now as it’s the perfect time for a new manager to come in and work with the squad for a few weeks before the Premiership returns and the transfer window is about to open

It’s no good giving Frank the window and allowing him a few games to turn it around. If we stick with him we need to bite the bullet and stick with him for the long haul, even if we go down

I don't think it's the right time to get rid of Frank, but I agree that if the board has that in mind already, then they need to pull the trigger if there is a candidate THEY want. Stalling until January is going to hurt us worse if it's inevitable Frank is going. 

I'm not saying that Frank is going or that they're already at that point, just that if they are then to go ahead and get the growing pains of bringing a new manager in over with. This break would be the time.  

10 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Reading between the lines, Bielsa has turned them down, Martinez wants a break after the world cup, so Frank will stay till early next year. 

There is nothing between the lines. The Bielsa story was made up click bait and the only person who would want Roberto is Bill, because he didn’t pay the massive severance package. Moshiri paid that. 

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Thats easily said and done but how many teams in the league have someone that can do that?

It's also not like we are creating lots of chances for our strikers.

If that is all Maupay is for us, he should never have been bought and especially not at the price we paid for a guy on the last year of his contract. It was always likely he would play a good chunk of games every season. 

I think he would have to be the sacrificial lamb for us to afford a different quality striker in but then will that player come here?

A player like Rom will cost at least £20-30mil and if I am honest, I dont see a player as raw as he was when he joined helping us. He came into a very attacking team which created good chances for the striker. 

Then if you did bring in someone like that, you wont be able to keep all three happy and nor can we afford to have that amount of money being wasted on the bench when other areas of the pitch need attention. 

Honestly, the other 2 will just have to work harder then. £30m for a focal point pays itself in 3-4 seasons because we'd be 5-7 places higher up the table. It's just that simple. The hard part is down to the scouting department.