IGNORED

Kamaldeen Sulemana

24 minutes ago, Trigger said:

To be fair I could be reading too much in to your post. The main reason for down voting is for "people who slot in now" bit. 

I associate this with the proven goalscorer, experienced etc. 

We are nearly bottom of the league. Any experienced or proven goalscorer is not going to come to us unless

1) gets injured regularly.

2) we overpay on wages massively

3) is old and we'll give a long term contract to them that they cannot get elsewhere.

Or usually all 3 come together.

So Antonio, Ings etc. are all a stay clear of for me.

I would rather have young unproven risk that has the potential of being great vs either proven above or journeyman Premiership averageness ( che Adams, maupey and the like).

The difficulty for me is we don't do it enough at scale to have 1 success for every 2 or 3 failures.

Having just seen the McGoldrick post in the twitter rumours section I need to add a 4th point to this...

4) or just a s**t championship standard forward.

2 hours ago, Trigger said:

To be fair I could be reading too much in to your post. The main reason for down voting is for "people who slot in now" bit. 

I associate this with the proven goalscorer, experienced etc. 

We are nearly bottom of the league. Any experienced or proven goalscorer is not going to come to us unless

1) gets injured regularly.

2) we overpay on wages massively

3) is old and we'll give a long term contract to them that they cannot get elsewhere.

Or usually all 3 come together.

So Antonio, Ings etc. are all a stay clear of for me.

I would rather have young unproven risk that has the potential of being great vs either proven above or journeyman Premiership averageness ( che Adams, maupey and the like).

The difficulty for me is we don't do it enough at scale to have 1 success for every 2 or 3 failures.

Got ya.  Maybe I should not have used 'slot in'.  Didn't mean EPL experience per se. I meant more like sign someone who has actually found the net in whatever league they are from a few times.  Sulemana has 1 goal.  For the reported fee for him, I think that money would be better spent else where.  Like a Moffi or Gyokeres or Becker or Ndiaye.  But maybe they aren't willing? Just think blowing most of the Gordon money on unproven might be a risk.  Maybe a loan to buy suit better in this situation.

Also, I think our main focus should be a striker.  Would Sulemana play up top for Dyche? Probably not.  Maybe he would provide assists and creativity to the striker?  Not a lot of time to sort it out.  Tomorrow going to be nuts.

12 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Got ya.  Maybe I should not have used 'slot in'.  Didn't mean EPL experience per se. I meant more like sign someone who has actually found the net in whatever league they are from a few times.  Sulemana has 1 goal.  For the reported fee for him, I think that money would be better spent else where.  Like a Moffi or Gyokeres or Becker or Ndiaye.  But maybe they aren't willing? Just think blowing most of the Gordon money on unproven might be a risk.  Maybe a loan to buy suit better in this situation.

Also, I think our main focus should be a striker.  Would Sulemana play up top for Dyche? Probably not.  Maybe he would provide assists and creativity to the striker?  Not a lot of time to sort it out.  Tomorrow going to be nuts.

With you on the Moffi, Gyokeres etc.

Even if its £25m for Gyokeres, I'd rather have that risk than another Rondon. Although it is too much. 

Anyone we buy this window,  in our league position, we are going to have to overpay for.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Its not a good plan B,C or D though!

Have you seen enough of him to make a statement like that? We’ve clearly been scouting him for a long time, hence the interest in January. Young lad thrown into a relegation battle in a new country… oh and the manager who signed him gets sacked days later. Not the easiest of conditions to shine in.

33 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Have you seen enough of him to make a statement like that? We’ve clearly been scouting him for a long time, hence the interest in January. Young lad thrown into a relegation battle in a new country… oh and the manager who signed him gets sacked days later. Not the easiest of conditions to shine in.

I watched a lot of videos of him (what is available anyway) and his sides games before he signed for Southampton and then a bit when he was playing for Southampton. I have seen a fair bit of Gnonto. So, yes its certainly on the premature side, but I rate Gnonto very highly and there is nothing about Sulemana that makes me think he is anywhere near that level. He looks to be a bit of a speed merchant with a lot of questions about his end product and attitude.

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I watched a lot of videos of him (what is available anyway) and his sides games before he signed for Southampton and then a bit when he was playing for Southampton. I have seen a fair bit of Gnonto. So, yes its certainly on the premature side, but I rate Gnonto very highly and there is nothing about Sulemana that makes me think he is anywhere near that level. He looks to be a bit of a speed merchant with a lot of questions about his end product and attitude.

Fair enough, let’s hope whatever our scouts have seen in him shines through if we sign him then.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

He has that about him but Gray is more rounded in the rest of his play and technique.

Making it sound like gray is a rounded player.  See gray have a good game 1 in 5, the amount of times gray has allowed defenders to get past him and fail to pass the ball to a better placed man is a joke. 

Sulemana has bags of potential, I watched the highlights of the 2-2 game against Liverpool, he tore them a new one.  Many of their fans wanted him signed up. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Making it sound like gray is a rounded player.  See gray have a good game 1 in 5, the amount of times gray has allowed defenders to get past him and fail to pass the ball to a better placed man is a joke. 

Sulemana has bags of potential, I watched the highlights of the 2-2 game against Liverpool, he tore them a new one.  Many of their fans wanted him signed up. 

I said he was more rounded. Gray has all the ability in the world but his tactical and mental attributes let him down massively. 

I have seen those highlights and basically what you see is a quick player against a slow back line pressing high and a crap keeper. The keeper should save his first goal. Even Armstrong was able to score a goal on the counter using his pace with a tidy finish. 

That game was a perfect storm for him and made him look far better than he is. Gnonto is a far more talented footballer. 

I am not quite sure of the benefits of a loaning for a player who is still pretty raw and still developing. What are we doing - paying his wages and developing him ready for Southampton when they come back up or for them to sell him at a tidy profit. Use loans to get players that can be utilized properly from game 1.  

Much different than say a Lukaku who was already banging the goals in at Premiership level and goes straight in the starting 11.

Would have to be a 'option or obligation to buy', if we are developing him this season.

31 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I am not quite sure of the benefits of a loaning for a player who is still pretty raw and still developing. What are we doing - paying his wages and developing him ready for Southampton when they come back up or for them to sell him at a tidy profit. Use loans to get players that can be utilized properly from game 1.  

Much different than say a Lukaku who was already banging the goals in at Premiership level and goes straight in the starting 11.

Would have to be a 'option or obligation to buy', if we are developing him this season.

Another perspective is we test a player out before a potential permanent move. 

That way if it doesn't work out, we send them back not laden with lengthy contracts for players who don't hit the mark.

The option to buy option obviously needs to factored in then so we don't overpay if they perform well.

@c1982 it seems Gnonto adds a little more creatively, whereas Sulemana might be a little more direct?

4 hours ago, c1982 said:

For the data lovers…

Both players are very young and will be prone to dips.  Both very mobile and skilful and have a high ceiling.  

whether we like it or not we aren’t in the market for players of similar attributes who are proven or consistent, cos they get signed for big money. 

id like to sign gnonto as I do think he is more likely to be a guaranteed return on investment, but Sulemana does have the X factor like gnonto and if we can get him on loan I’d like to think they can push each other. 

get both. Either player will need rotation and may be great impact subs if not starters. 

6 hours ago, c1982 said:

For the data lovers…

Just as an FYI that appears to be over the course of their careers, albeit I have tried to use other sources to work out how these minutes have been calculated and it doesn't add up.

Also Sulemana's xG and xGA for his time at Southampton and Rennes (league only) totals around a combined 10xG/xA. I have no idea where the other 28.9 xG/xA have come from unless they have been assessing his time at FC Nordsjaelland in the Danish first tier! It is possible as whilst he was there he contributed a combined 22 goals and assists.

It seems slightly suspect for a so called analyst!