IGNORED

Kamaldeen Sulemana

5 hours ago, Btay said:

If we get Danjuma on loan, how many more loan spots are we allowed? No doubt seems a player for the future but also a big risk given our current position.

Presuming this is a loan and Danjuma is a loan, we’d have to either send Vinagre back or sign him permanently as only 2 foreign loans allowed.

On 20/01/2023 at 06:49, c1982 said:

Presuming this is a loan and Danjuma is a loan, we’d have to either send Vinagre back or sign him permanently as only 2 foreign loans allowed.

This may not be 100% correct - after a bit more reading it’s supposedly 4 loans in total with a maximum of 2 domestic so that could mean Coady (domestic) plus 3 more foreign loans (Vinagre, Danjuma and one more).

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/01/30/everton-make-verbal-offer-for-rennes-winger-kamaldeen-sulemana/

I think there will be a strong push for this lad. We know he's not the finish article - but neither was Gordon.  Replace a young prospect with another young prospect at roughly half the price has to be the way to go for us. 

fast, excellent dribbler, intelligent movement and positioning and works hard out of possession - sounds like a good base set of attributes. 

apparently he was also clocked as the fastest player in the World Cup group stages (35.7km/h) - only a couple of sub appearances as we returning from a ankle injury. 

we bought to many Walcott types and maybe not enough Sulemana types in the past.

fingers crossed on this one - him and maybe Gyokeres and Ziyech (ideally a loan - I can wish) would be a good mix of Gordon money pretty well invested. Three player you could see in a starting line up. 

sounds exciting but could easily be a frustrating ball losing winger who attempts many dribbles and gets done  by better quality defenders.

He has about a 50% success rate for dribbles in Ligue1 attempting just over 8 per game.  That's not too bad in the grand scheme of things if he converts into into something once he beats the player.

if he also gets back and works hard then that's important to.

His lack of goal-scoring is a bit disappointing, seems he likes to hit a shot from distance but never scores from them but has a few from inside.

Plenty of potential at his age so if we can get him for a good price then he's worth a go.

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

sounds exciting but could easily be a frustrating ball losing winger who attempts many dribbles and gets done  by better quality defenders.

He has about a 50% success rate for dribbles in Ligue1 attempting just over 8 per game.  That's not too bad in the grand scheme of things if he converts into into something once he beats the player.

if he also gets back and works hard then that's important to.

His lack of goal-scoring is a bit disappointing, seems he likes to hit a shot from distance but never scores from them but has a few from inside.

Plenty of potential at his age so if we can get him for a good price then he's worth a go.

there was an interesting section in one of the articles that he has intelligent movement and positioning sense, so along with his good speed even without the ball he does good thinks and stretches oppositions teams, allowing space for others. To me he seems to have the natural ingredients to be a decent player.

Just looked through Stade Rennais' last few league games and he comes off the bench and doesn't really feature in any of the highlights.

He did start in one game I watched, scored early (shocking defending), missed a sitter, then I say him not even watching whilst his team were on a counter attack so he was stuck wide when he should have been getting in the box and then he was meant to track his runner and it looked like he just didn't fancy it.

Believe it or not, he hasn't started many games since.

I have only had a 10 minute check through some videos and stats and whilst I am sure the lad can play, you need a damn site more than that in the Premier League and he would present a big risk at that price.

7 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/kamaldeen-sulemana/leistungsdaten/spieler/746695

Not good reading.  Barely played this season.  One goal.  On the bench a lot + injuries.  @Trigger not sure why you downvoted me.  just take a look at that link. then re-read my previous post.

To be fair I could be reading too much in to your post. The main reason for down voting is for "people who slot in now" bit. 

I associate this with the proven goalscorer, experienced etc. 

We are nearly bottom of the league. Any experienced or proven goalscorer is not going to come to us unless

1) gets injured regularly.

2) we overpay on wages massively

3) is old and we'll give a long term contract to them that they cannot get elsewhere.

Or usually all 3 come together.

So Antonio, Ings etc. are all a stay clear of for me.

I would rather have young unproven risk that has the potential of being great vs either proven above or journeyman Premiership averageness ( che Adams, maupey and the like).

The difficulty for me is we don't do it enough at scale to have 1 success for every 2 or 3 failures.