IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

Just now, Matt said:

Discipline starts with the basics. If you can't turn up on time, why should you be trusted with the ball?

True and I agree, i just think the sanction should be more proportionate. Most clubs have a fining or additional work punishment for being late.

If its consistent being late then yep short sharp shock is fine. 

Just don't know what else has gone on. He seems like a good lad so let's hope whatever it is is sorted. Don't want it ending up like Sancho at utd.

27 minutes ago, London Blue said:

But dropping a player for being late to training is something that should be sorted out during the week. Dropping  a player for discipline reasons should be for more serious reasons imo.

Maybe the punishments for transgressions were agreed with the players before the season started.

They usually are.

24 minutes ago, London Blue said:

True and I agree, i just think the sanction should be more proportionate. Most clubs have a fining or additional work punishment for being late.

If its consistent being late then yep short sharp shock is fine. 

Just don't know what else has gone on. He seems like a good lad so let's hope whatever it is is sorted. Don't want it ending up like Sancho at utd.

Or nip it in the bud so it doesn't happen repeatedly. 

It's still being blown out of proportion, it's nothing new. Every manager has their way of enforcing discipline, this is apparently his and I'm fine with it. 

On 10/10/2023 at 23:18, Btay said:

I know we stumbled on to the midfield partnership due to an injury but the fact he dropped Onana for being late to training is fantastic. Finally there is a sense of accountability amongst the players here.

Also there has been a huge turn around in results since we’ve had a striker, the performances weren’t bad in that period but it’s hard to judge Dyche on the results given he had Maupay leading the line.

I still think we are going to be in for some pain this year but when you look at the players getting minutes in the squad - Mcneil, Garner, Onana, Myko, Branthwaite & Patterson are all young who “should” improve. 

Dare I say Dyche doesn't like Patterson or Myko hence he shoehorns young in either side when he can the problem is Myko has started playing really well so Patterson is benched Patterson should be playing to give him more experience and belief and regarding Branthwaite who everyone is raving over.

It was down to the so called bellends putting pressure on Dyche through their podcasts that Branthwaite was actually played instead of Keane.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh the irony :lol:

When was the last time we won 3 of 4? Still waiting for that answer from anyone who's still complaining about 1 player being moved slightly out to the side as the root of all our problems...

Won 4/5 under Rafa with the non win being a draw.   Maybe we need Rafa back? 

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Ya think?

a) He spent hours mulling over fan produced content before coming round to their point of view.

or

b) He watched the players in training every day and decided, all by himself, that Branthwaite was the better choice.

First option I'm not saying he personally spent hours watching podcasts he doesn't have to don't think he or his assistants don't get feedback of course they do otherwise why would be even mention it.

Regarding Branthwaite if he looked so good in training why play Keane ahead of him.

27 minutes ago, patto said:

First option I'm not saying he personally spent hours watching podcasts he doesn't have to don't think he or his assistants don't get feedback of course they do otherwise why would be even mention it.

Regarding Branthwaite if he looked so good in training why play Keane ahead of him.

Two things...

1. Players improve in training. Branthwaite may not have been ready for the step up immediately. 

2. Man management. Throwing a youngster into the fire pit probably isn't the best approach. Also, ensuring that a young player has the hunger and desire to win their place, and then the sense of achievement having gotten it - good for long term development. As for Keane, the pressure and challenge to respond. He's still a player that Dyche needs to rely on, so dashing his confidence wouldn't be healthy for the squad either. 

Picking up results is important, but so to is balancing the long-term health and mentality of the squad, facilitating competition, motivation etc. 

55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Ya think?

a) He spent hours mulling over fan produced content before coming round to their point of view.

or

b) He watched the players in training every day and decided, all by himself, that Branthwaite was the better choice.

Maybe if he took his confirmation bias out of the equation then there wouldn’t be such a huge volume of option A to read through.   

surely he didn’t need to see Michael Keane rattle in great finishes in finch farm to make him think that somehow this meant he wasn’t gonna make continued mistakes on the pitch leading to goals. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ya think?

or

Maybe if he took his confirmation bias out of the equation then there wouldn’t be such a huge volume of option A to read through.   

surely he didn’t need to see Michael Keane rattle in great finishes in finch farm to make him think that somehow this meant he wasn’t gonna make continued mistakes on the pitch leading to goals. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It was 2 years ago? Wow! I'd say this is good news then!

Edit: He had a fit DCL too right?

He also had Holgate and Keane in defence.

listen Matt…. You seem to think he’s a good manager who is beyond valid criticism of his selections and tactics. I don’t. 

I see his pettiness in press conferences concerning considering fans and journalists are asking the same questions…. Such as the journo who questioned why garner was being played out wide. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

listen Matt…. You seem to think he’s a good manager who is beyond valid criticism of his selections and tactics. I don’t. 

Nor me, but hopefully he’s learning and he doesn’t stick Garner wide right again when he has 2 wide players he brought in sat on the bench and not another midfielder in the squad who can do what Garner does, and he keeps Harrison wide right until he’s injured or losses form, and he keeps Gana on the bench as a backup to Doucoure, Garner, and Onana and doesn’t consider dropping Onana for Gana. A 3-1 away against Villa and a 3-0 home win against Bournemouth have both been by far our best performances this season with goals scored and the way we controlled the game. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I see his pettiness in press conferences concerning considering fans and journalists are asking the same questions…. Such as the journo who questioned why garner was being played out wide. 

Not sure what having 2 players who aren't on the pitch to score has anything to do with this discussion. It's always been about goals, it always is. The poor start to this season is 100% down to no available striker and last time we won 3 of 4 it was, funnily enough, when we had a fit striker. Id guess that was Holgates purple patch but it's not relevant. 

I don't think I've ever said I think he's a good manager. I have said and do believe he is the right man to stabilise this mess. I want him to because I'm fed up of the mess and if that means hammering facts home that don't fit in with the whining then fine by me. 

Talking of pettiness... why jump on any little thing especially  a press conference where he's asked the most inane questions? He's sarcastic, he jokes, he's the most transparent manager I think I've ever seen. 

You've made your mind up, so it's utterly useless trying to debate. I just hope we can keep the debate going on for 5 years, because we'll be stable and in Europe at that point and I can't wait for that. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Nor me, but hopefully he’s learning and he doesn’t stick Garner wide right again when he has 2 wide players he brought in sat on the bench and not another midfielder in the squad who can do what Garner does, and he keeps Harrison wide right until he’s injured or losses form, and he keeps Gana on the bench as a backup to Doucoure, Garner, and Onana and doesn’t consider dropping Onana for Gana. A 3-1 away against Villa and a 3-0 home win against Bournemouth have both been by far our best performances this season with goals scored and the way we controlled the game. 

If Harrison gets injured, he's going to put Garner out wide - unless you can think of a better option.

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s a good sign that the squad is improving when you can forget that there are decent players who aren’t getting a chance. 

To be honest, I've not really been that impressed with him so far. He's not had much of a chance but that also tells me something. Still, early days. 

On 12/10/2023 at 08:53, London Blue said:

I agree it's a useful tool to be able to leave a player out due to attitude, like not playing the team game, tracking back etc. Or not doing whats been asked of them. Dropping due to to poor form is normal and gives a player a moment of pause a chance to assess and re-focus. 

But dropping a player for being late to training is something that should be sorted out during the week. Dropping  a player for discipline reasons should be for more serious reasons imo.

Dropping a player for being late is a disciplinary reason. 
For all we know it could be third, fourth, fifth time it’s happened. But Dyche kept it in house anyway and said it was tactical. 

On 12/10/2023 at 12:35, patto said:

Dare I say Dyche doesn't like Patterson or Myko hence he shoehorns young in either side when he can the problem is Myko has started playing really well so Patterson is benched Patterson should be playing to give him more experience and belief and regarding Branthwaite who everyone is raving over.

It was down to the so called bellends putting pressure on Dyche through their podcasts that Branthwaite was actually played instead of Keane.

Myko and Patterson hadn’t exactly set the world alight. All of our full backs are a problem. It’s not about who he likes, it’s about who he trusts. 

Jesus Christ. Moshiri says the fans sack the players, and Dyche has podcasts picking the team. What a fine mess we are in, or would be if this was true. 

On 12/10/2023 at 13:52, patto said:

Did your inside contacts not tell you that after returning late for preseason (due to the euros) Branthwaite missed ten more days of training with injury? So when the season started he wasn’t fully fit. 
Dyche even said this publicly after he put him in the team. 

On 12/10/2023 at 19:01, Palfy said:

That’s a good sign that the squad is improving when you can forget that there are decent players who aren’t getting a chance. 

I’m pretty sure Danjuma played in almost every game we lost so far this season. He’s had a chance, he just didn’t impress the manager. Surely?

Hes got talent, but he seems to make the wrong decision a lot when he gets into the box. I’d like to see more of him though. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m pretty sure Danjuma played in almost every game we lost so far this season. He’s had a chance, he just didn’t impress the manager. Surely?

Hes got talent, but he seems to make the wrong decision a lot when he gets into the box. I’d like to see more of him though. 

Agreed, but he would be the natural option if Harrison was injured instead of taking Garner out of his central midfield position, he would also be the first choice replacement for McNeil, he could also replace Doucoure as the most forward midfielder to link up with the striker he’s very versatile so a good player to have on the bench.  

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Did your inside contacts not tell you that after returning late for preseason (due to the euros) Branthwaite missed ten more days of training with injury? So when the season started he wasn’t fully fit. 
Dyche even said this publicly after he put him in the team. 

SteveO don’t worry yourself about my inside contact. 
Jarrod was resting after the euro’s never injured but that’s ok you believe everything Dyche says I don’t. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Myko and Patterson hadn’t exactly set the world alight. All of our full backs are a problem. It’s not about who he likes, it’s about who he trusts. 

Jesus Christ. Moshiri says the fans sack the players, and Dyche has podcasts picking the team. What a fine mess we are in, or would be if this was true. 

You can’t set the world alight if your not playing. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Nailed it here mate. I’m glad we have him in the squad but we need grafters at moment so Mcneil & Harrison is good for now. It’s up to Danjuma to force Dyche into playing him by training hard or taking a chance when it comes his way - we haven’t had this in the squad for ages. Same goes for Beto as well.

38 minutes ago, Btay said:

Nailed it here mate. I’m glad we have him in the squad but we need grafters at moment so Mcneil & Harrison is good for now. It’s up to Danjuma to force Dyche into playing him by training hard or taking a chance when it comes his way - we haven’t had this in the squad for ages. Same goes for Beto as well.

Beto for me was an overpriced panic signing because of DCL situation I’ll be very surprised if he gets much playing time. 
Danjuma is a much better footballer.