IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So what you are saying is that my assertion that dyches ability to set up a team to defend whilst not having any other credible facets of play is valid? 

yes we can defend which I believe is massively in part to having the 2nd best centre half in the league after saliba.  Think back to last season without branthwaite.... for me without branthwaite we go down. 

compare our players to other teams midtable to bottom 3.  We have more quality than people see. 

Literally can't even give Dyche credit for one of the best defensive records in the league, gives the credit to one player 😂

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So he doesn't have an aversion to youth then no?  Tell me how? Not being antagonistic but I do not see how he couldn't have used dobbin when we have absolutely no pace in the side. I don't see how Patterson wasn't used when we were using centre halves as full backs. 

I don't understand how chermitti had to wait till we had both strikers out to get more than a 5 minute cameo. Bear in mind we had games that were absolutely over at half time and youth did not get a chance. 

He could have been playing Michael Keane ahead of branthwaite ??!  no way is that ever a possibility unless Branthwaite decides to run at half pace, throw his hands out at opponents crosses, passes to their players.  That's one ridiculous shout - there's being stuck in your way and having a favourite, what you are suggesting would be like playing Neal Maupay ahead of 18 year old Wayne Rooney. 

No I don't think he does. I think he chooses who he thinks would cope with the situation and we've got a couple of young players as regulars. Actually, just curious, what do you consider youth? For me it's 23 and under. 

I was annoyed that Chermiti didn't get more minutes but I'm also see the logic in playing the strongest squad. Granted these remaining games have played out like we're safe but we've won the games so it's justified. Is it what I wanted? No. 

And yes, he could've played favourites and ignored Branthwaite and played Keane instead. But he chose not to. Yesterday was the first time I saw Dobbin actually get involved, maybe we will see more of him. Patterson will be playing more or sold I'm assuming, though would've liked to have seen more of him.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Literally can't even give Dyche credit for one of the best defensive records in the league, gives the credit to one player 😂

I guess you missed the bit where I said that dyche can prepare a team defensively.  Never mind. 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

No I don't think he does. I think he chooses who he thinks would cope with the situation and we've got a couple of young players as regulars. Actually, just curious, what do you consider youth? For me it's 23 and under. 

I was annoyed that Chermiti didn't get more minutes but I'm also see the logic in playing the strongest squad. Granted these remaining games have played out like we're safe but we've won the games so it's justified. Is it what I wanted? No. 

And yes, he could've played favourites and ignored Branthwaite and played Keane instead. But he chose not to. Yesterday was the first time I saw Dobbin actually get involved, maybe we will see more of him. Patterson will be playing more or sold I'm assuming, though would've liked to have seen more of him.

Youth? Anyone under 25 who is inexperienced. 

at 20 rooney had 100 games - I wouldn't have referred to him being played at that age as "giving youth a chance" 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

at 20 rooney had 100 games - I wouldn't have referred to him being played at that age as "giving youth a chance" 

So just Paterson (22, and played 20 times in the prem) Branthwaite (21), Mykolenko (24), Onana  (22), Garner (23), McNeil (24) then. 
Just the six out of our regular starting 11 in the league are under 25 with our manager who doesn’t like young players. 

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Ah so your definition is about games played as well. I don't really give that much thought to be honest. Take the Rooney example, you're completely right but at some point he was given a chance and until he was over 23 did think of him youth player that had established himself. He was also an exceptional talent and I've not heard of anyone like him coming through our ranks in years. 

Even by that definition though, Garner, McNeil and Branthwaite were all brought into the squad and none of them I would consider established senior players at the beginning of the season, maybe McNeil.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

aversion is a disinclination.... a preference to avoiding something.   If you put sprouts on your plate - yet you don't eat them, does it prove you don't like them? Not really cos you put them on your plate, but if they are still on your plate after you finish and you claim you are still hungry then questions will be asked. 

Lordy.

I said you can't prove a negative; the appropriate analogy would be someone not having sprouts on their plate, that doesn't prove they don't like them.

I hate sprouts (that's not entirely true, love them raw; boiling them turns them into the spawn of Lucifer).

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Lordy.

I said you can't prove a negative; the appropriate analogy would be someone not having sprouts on their plate, that doesn't prove they don't like them.

I hate sprouts (that's not entirely true, love them raw; boiling them turns them into the spawn of Lucifer).

Sprouts halved and pan fried in butter or with bacon. Revolutionary.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sprouts halved and pan fried in butter or with bacon. Revolutionary.

I don't imagine that when God (or whoever you believe in) created this beautiful, succulent crunchy minute cabbagy thing, he thought, "That's one of my better veggies, hopefully these new humans I've constructed will boil the shit out of them!"

I've never tried a fried one, can't be much better; sounds like a waste of bacon to me:mad:

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't imagine that when God (or whoever you believe in) created this beautiful, succulent crunchy minute cabbagy thing, he thought, "That's one of my better veggies, hopefully these new humans I've constructed will boil the shit out of them!"

I've never tried a fried one, can't be much better; sounds like a waste of bacon to me:mad:

Your loss then :P

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Tell us why you believe Dyche should get the credit for our defensive record. 

This is satirical, yes?

You can't blame him for all the on-field issues and then turn right around and throw this out there.

You see how ridiculous that looks, yes?

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Probably because we’ve been leaking goals left, right and centre over the past couple of seasons but have had one of the best defensive records in the league this season with Sean Dyche as our manager. Were not pretty on the eye at times but at least we’re consistently well organised, generally well motivated and despite our limitations, always a threat on set-pieces.

Dyche may not be the long-term answer for our beautiful club but he’s more than earned his stripes this season with a smallish squad and knock after knock after knock. It would be pure stupidity to look elsewhere considering our still precarious situation off the field. Stability at management level at least please especially when you factor in we’re likely to be losing a few first team players this summer.

Dyche had no bearing on this. Branthwaite was pulling double duty as player/manager.

51 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This is satirical, yes?

You can't blame him for all the on-field issues and then turn right around and throw this out there.

It’s not worth it mate. He has to take the criticism when we lose, but can’t take the credit when we get beat. It’s not a level playing field, save your energy. 

It’s like saying it’s his fault for being bald but not his fault for having a goatee. It doesn’t have to make sense. It only has to make people angry because we should have been better!!! 😡😡😡😂

2 hours ago, StevO said:

So just Paterson (22, and played 20 times in the prem) Branthwaite (21), Mykolenko (24), Onana  (22), Garner (23), McNeil (24) then. 
Just the six out of our regular starting 11 in the league are under 25 with our manager who doesn’t like young players. 

Mykolenko, McNeil, were established first teamers. Onana and garner cost a combined £50m and again were first team footballers. 

patterson??? Been given a chance? Of what exactly? Concussion?

Branthwaite..... really took a risk there didn't he. "Hmmm shall I play a error prone darts buddy or a lad who half of europes top scouts are sniffing round cos he looked like a rolls Royce for psv and they offered ridiculous money for a Dutch club.

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Then why say that the majority of the reason we're a great defensive team is because of one player?

Because if we didn't have branthwaite we would be relegated.   Am I not allowed to give Dyche the credit for organising the defence or does that not sit well with your reliance on me being a dickhead about it and making it easier for you to argue? 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This is satirical, yes?

I asked you a question, obviously your lack of understanding of football has left you unable to answer it.  
The most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in the last few days is your comparison of Dyche to Guardiola 😂

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I asked you a question, obviously your lack of understanding of football has left you unable to answer it.  
The most ridiculous thing I’ve seen in the last few days is your comparison of Dyche to Guardiola 😂

You understand that comparison is tongue in cheek right?

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Because if we didn't have branthwaite we would be relegated.   Am I not allowed to give Dyche the credit for organising the defence or does that not sit well with your reliance on me being a dickhead about it and making it easier for you to argue? 

No way to prove it and as good as I think he is, he's not worth 23 points a season (yet). 

No doubt he was key but to say we'd have been relegated without is quite harsh on the orhers that contributed to this defensive record.

First game of the season Dyche’s back 4 Young. Keane. Tarkowski. Patterson, Mykolenko Dyche even said of Mykolenko he wasn’t ready for the PL and had a long way to go before he would be ready, or words very similar, and no Branthwaite he preferred Keane even though Keane was a complete liability the season before when he stuck him at the cost of Coady who had a good record in defence with Tarkowski, and that fateful decision nearly cost us our place in the PL, we went on our worst run with Keane in the team and after 7 games he had to concede he had got it wrong and revert back to Coady and Tarkowski which saved us from the drop. 
Second game back 4 of Young.Keane.Tarkowski.Patterson. Third game back 4 of Young.Brainthwaite.Tarkowski. Patterson, he has once again had to concede that he had again got it wrong with Keane and I expect reluctantly put Brainthwaite into the team which went against his ethos of experience before youth. The fourth game back 4 Young.Branthwaite.Tarkowski.Patterson. Fifth game Back 4 Mykolenko.Branthwaite.Tarkowski.Young now the penny has dropped and he has to relent and bring Mykolenko in the player that 4 games ago wasn’t good enough for the PL, but instead of dropping Young who was shocking in the games he had already played he decides to switch Young to RB and drop Patterson another player who he would later say wasn’t good enough yet for the PL. 

In my opinion Dyche never put together our defence all the players were already here bar the worst of them which is Young who he brought to the club, with Pickford, Mykolenko, Branthwaite, and Tarkowski, Dyche didn’t coach them to become solid as individuals or as a team, quite the opposite he didn’t want 2 of them in his starting lineup, Mykolenko and Branthwaite only got their chances because his favoured experienced players in Keane and Young played so shite he was making himself look a knob by keeping on selecting them. 
So no no credit from me on his defensive credentials they played and picked themselves against his better judgement. 
Tarkowski, Brainthwaite, Mykolenko and Pickford deserve all the praise and credit for our defensive performances, Pickford for making some of the best saves in the league to keep clean sheets, no coaching from Dyche, Tarkowski for always getting a foot in when needed, no coaching from Dyche, Brainthwaite for proving that youth can be a lot better than Dyche’s favourite Keane, by showing composure and determination in defence well above his years, no coaching from Dyche, Mykolenko the player Dyche said wasn’t ready for the PL shoved his words right down his throat and proved he was twice the player Young was who was Dyche’s favoured player for LB. 
Dyche got lucky that the 4 players I mentioned were already at the club he didn’t mould them they were all already good enough he just couldn’t see it. Is defensive line up in his mind was Pickford, Young, Keane, Tarkowski, and Coleman. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Mykolenko, McNeil, were established first teamers. Onana and garner cost a combined £50m and again were first team footballers. 

patterson??? Been given a chance? Of what exactly? Concussion?

Branthwaite..... really took a risk there didn't he. "Hmmm shall I play a error prone darts buddy or a lad who half of europes top scouts are sniffing round cos he looked like a rolls Royce for psv and they offered ridiculous money for a Dutch club.

Mykolenko was shite up until recently. I believe Dyche improved him. But established or not, he was crap.

McNeil has played almost all of his professional career under Dyche, from being a teenager. 

Patterson has played 20 premier league games out of about 32 at the point of his last injury, that’s a chance to show what you can do (as well as every day in training) and he was poor. 

How Branthwaite doesn’t meet your criteria of playing a young player is only going to baffle me. 

Actually, why am I even getting involved. I don’t care enough for this. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

First game of the season Dyche’s back 4 Young. Keane. Tarkowski. Patterson, Mykolenko Dyche even said of Mykolenko he wasn’t ready for the PL and had a long way to go before he would be ready, or words very similar, and no Branthwaite he preferred Keane even though Keane was a complete liability the season before when he stuck him at the cost of Coady who had a good record in defence with Tarkowski, and that fateful decision nearly cost us our place in the PL, we went on our worst run with Keane in the team and after 7 games he had to concede he had got it wrong and revert back to Coady and Tarkowski which saved us from the drop. 
Second game back 4 of Young.Keane.Tarkowski.Patterson. Third game back 4 of Young.Brainthwaite.Tarkowski. Patterson, he has once again had to concede that he had again got it wrong with Keane and I expect reluctantly but Brainthwaite into the team which went against his ethos of experience before youth. The fourth game back 4 Young.Branthwaite.Tarkowski.Patterson. Fifth game Back 4 Mykolenko.Branthwaite.Tarkowski.Young now the penny has dropped and he has to relent and bring Mykolenko in the player that 4 games ago wasn’t good enough for the PL, but instead of dropping Young who was shocking in the games he had already played he decides to switch Young to RB and drop Patterson another player who he would later say wasn’t good enough yet for the PL. 

In my opinion Dyche never put together our defence all the players were already here bar the worst of them which is Young who he brought to the club, with Pickford, Mykolenko, Branthwaite, and Tarkowski, Dyche didn’t coach them to become solid as individuals or as a team, quite the opposite he didn’t want 2 of them in his starting lineup, Mykolenko and Branthwaite only got their chances because his favoured experienced players in Keane and Young played so shite he was making himself look a knob by keeping on selecting them. 
So no no credit from me on his defensive credentials they played and picked themselves against his better judgement. 
Tarkowski, Brainthwaite, Mykolenko and Pickford deserve all the praise and credit for our defensive performances, Pickford for making some of the best saves in the league to keep clean sheets, no coaching from Dyche, Tarkowski for always getting a foot in when needed, no coaching from Dyche, Brainthwaite for proving that youth can be a lot better than Dyche’s favourite Keane, by showing composure and determination in defence well above his years, no coaching from Dyche, Mykolenko the player Dyche said wasn’t ready for the PL shoved his words right down his throat and proved he was twice the player Young was who was Dyche’s favoured player for LB. 
Dyche got lucky that the 4 players I mentioned were already at the club he didn’t mould them they were all already good enough he just couldn’t see it. Is defensive line up in his mind was Pickford, Young, Keane, Tarkowski, and Coleman. 

I can’t be arsed reading all of that, but the first paragraph makes out like Dyche picked Keane over Branthwaite. It’s not a secret that Branthwaite missed the first part of pre season when he was away with England and then when he came back he missed another two weeks with injury. As soon as he was fit he got into the team. 

It’s too late at night for reading the rest. Apologies. But I couldn’t let bollocks like Dyche preferring Keane go unanswered. 

36 minutes ago, StevO said:

I can’t be arsed reading all of that, but the first paragraph makes out like Dyche picked Keane over Branthwaite. It’s not a secret that Branthwaite missed the first part of pre season when he was away with England and then when he came back he missed another two weeks with injury. As soon as he was fit he got into the team. 

It’s too late at night for reading the rest. Apologies. But I couldn’t let bollocks like Dyche preferring Keane go unanswered. 

He was on the bench for the first game against Fulham and he was on the bench for the second game against Villa, we narrowly lost to Fulham 1-0 but got hammered 4-0 by Villa and Keane was as shocking has he was last season, then Keane gets dropped and Brainthwaite gets in. Why would you put an injured player on the bench?

25 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

You silly goose, you

Okay if you say so Pep, but what did Dyche do tactically for you to say he deserves the credit for our defensive performances, I don’t believe he does and have explained my reasons why, many will disagree and that’s fine but I have at least explained my opinion, you have yet to say why you believe the credit should go to Dyche, I may not agree with you but you never know you might surprise me, but unless you answer my question we will never know.