IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

Okay long story, I'm a United fan but for some reason for years have always read the Match Day reactions on here, hoped the best for you lot, and never posted on here. Like when something has gone down I'm like "Must check ToffeeTalk".

I had that same reaction a few minutes ago when THIS dropped 😂 And as it's not here yet, had to sign up and share it!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6UFEPkCp3q/?igsh=MW1udmlsaXdxYnU4Mg==

What a guy.

sounds to me like Dyche dished out some home truth that everybodies got to get are shit together, pull together and roll up sleeves to get this job done themselves. No magic wand coming. 

Fair do's to his management of them and fair do's to the players for rolling those sleevs up. 4 wins in 5 is good going when your under the kosh. 

I was expecting Tarkowski to say:-

"yeah he gave us home truths and we gave him a few back too - we told him his tactics were shit and he was rigid right down to that white shirt, it all needed to happen after he slapped Patto cos to be honest he can be a right dickhead and we were all pissed off"

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I was expecting Tarkowski to say:-

"yeah he gave us home truths and we gave him a few back too - we told him his tactics were shit and he was rigid right down to that white shirt, it all needed to happen after he slapped Patto cos to be honest he can be a right dickhead and we were all pissed off"

maybe just maybe they have got over Patto gate and have now simply moved on. 

16 hours ago, RuffRob said:

maybe just maybe they have got over Patto gate and have now simply moved on. 

Yeah and my point is Tarkowski has given a media friendly interview.......  yet his omission of any other details seems to make others think that no other things happened. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah and my point is Tarkowski has given a media friendly interview.......  yet his omission of any other details seems to make others think that no other things happened. 

Or, maybe, they didn’t?

On 29/04/2024 at 17:14, RuffRob said:

sounds to me like Dyche dished out some home truth that everybodies got to get are shit together, pull together and roll up sleeves to get this job done themselves. No magic wand coming. 

Fair do's to his management of them and fair do's to the players for rolling those sleevs up. 4 wins in 5 is good going when your under the kosh. 

Absolutely.

Over the past several years, it's been common place on here to question the players, they don't care, they aren't playing for the club etc etc. I reckon most of us have made the call.

All we wanted was for the players to show fight, dig in and give us 'something'.

OK. It took a slap around the bonce to get it across. But we got the results. HR can deal with the rest....

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Or, maybe, they didn’t?

Thats the whole point isn't it Steve..... I know you want to believe in unicorns and that dyche turned a group of league 1 standard rebels into compliant dogs of war.  

dyche himself admitted it was a back and forth - respect to him for admitting that. The juicy details will stay private but yeah - sorry to shatter your illusion.... he and his staff were included in the "get it off your chest" meeting. 

don't think for one second it was one way traffic - players who will pull him for slapping a colleague aren't gonna sit there and listen to him ripping them a new one without them having their say on him and his staff. It was quite clear that change was impressed on him too....  

On 29/04/2024 at 17:14, RuffRob said:

Been abroad for the weekend but did catch the Brentford game. Just watched Dyche's interview and he looked so chuffed with the 3 wins in the last week and that we have clinched survival. Seems to me he cares a lot about our club.

11 hours ago, Gwlad said:

Been abroad for the weekend but did catch the Brentford game. Just watched Dyche's interview and he looked so chuffed with the 3 wins in the last week and that we have clinched survival. Seems to me he cares a lot about our club.

He definately feels a lot of pride in being the manager of Everton FC. Not sure we can say the same of may of those have come before him, who have simply seen us as a big pay cheque or a stepping stone.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3991135/dyche-on-affection-for-everton-players

It's also noticeable how much more relaxed he is in press conferences now as well - having a laugh etc. Which I think is understandable given the pressure he's been under was unimaginable.

It's why I think it was a little unfair that some people held his prickly manner against him so much. If I was him I'd have been fucking unbearable :lol:.