IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm trying to stay optimistic. The league are pushing us into bankruptcy. But I think any new owners will only buy with the stadium as part of the deal, allowing them to pay off all the stupid loans we've been lumped with using a remortgage and hopefully decent marketing opportunities. There's so much potential revenue with the stadium, we are still an attractive business venture in that regard so long as the league don't continue in their quest to destroy the club.

Fingers crossed 🤞 something positive happens for once. 

7 hours ago, London Blue said:

Most of the team can, but we play a fast long ball game and players feel the pressure. 

I don’t agree with this at all. None of our central midfielders pass well in my opinion and McNeil is a much better crosser than direct passer. Harrison would fit nicely in a possession based side but he’s the only one that comes to mind other than Gomes. 

6-0 & no idea where to go from this.

I think this is turning point for me on Dyche but I’m not sure if it’s knee jerk reaction.

Our squad is shit but we’ve shown patches in the season that we can be competitive but the trend is very much downwards.

Any manager is going to struggle to get this team playing fluid football but I doubt most managers will continually send a washed 38 yr old as a winger & expect results.

I’m absolutely guttered by this display, this is in no shape the Everton I envision. I can accept some lack of quality as long as it’s replaced by fight, passion & heart - which Dyche should be able in install but it’s clearly lacking.

I just don't know who we bring in, and I don't see any manager improving this team. I'd rather stick it out until the end of the season and get someone new in the summer. His team selections do annoy me, and his subs always feel 5 minutes too late. I think the other teams below us are just that much more worse than us that it sees us to safety(knock on wood). 

On 12/04/2024 at 21:18, Newty82 said:

“We should be on 35 points and I would be getting measured differently, myself and the team and the players and the club in spite of having a tough run."
Sean Dyche insists he'll continue to work his hardest no matter what's thrown at him or Everton.

He's right to be fair.

Such tough and unique circumstances.

He and the lads need to dig in deep. End the season well. Re-assess.

Wouldn't blame him if he thought 'Fuck this, I'm off....'

Don't think he's the quitting type.

(Mind, don't think any managers are when they know they'll get a fat pay off if they get sacked 😂😂)

Needs to work harder...all of them...

Limp through.

We need to show more fight than Forrest & Luton.

After a 6nil drubbing and Forrest at home next, 3 home games on the bounce, they really now need to shake this off, and any self pity, distraction around points taken off and all that, and fight fuckin hard!

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Needs to work harder...all of them...

Limp through.

We need to show more fight than Forrest & Luton.

After a 6nil drubbing and Forrest at home next, 3 home games on the bounce, they really now need to shake this off, and any self pity, distraction around points taken off and all that, and fight fuckin hard!

The absolute minimum required.

Dyche needs to tear this lot to shreds for that.

The only option I can see that is available to us to change things around now is to sack Dyche, we can’t bring any players in so we have to finish this season with what we have, but we can bring in is another coach to try and give us and the players a different approach and attitude, because results show that Dyche’s approach clearly isn’t working and the players aren’t buying into any more 

Ian Croll of the echo pointing the finger at the Portugal incident the slap he called it he thinks Dyche has lost the dressing room.

I said at the time this was a serious incident but some on here seemed to think it was banter or it was a simple tap on the head or it didn't happen because no 1 came forward well I'll say again it was serious and regardless of results Dyche has got to go if not now definitely in the summer.

3 hours ago, patto said:

Ian Croll of the echo pointing the finger at the Portugal incident the slap he called it he thinks Dyche has lost the dressing room.

I said at the time this was a serious incident but some on here seemed to think it was banter or it was a simple tap on the head or it didn't happen because no 1 came forward well I'll say again it was serious and regardless of results Dyche has got to go if not now definitely in the summer.

"Lardy dardy dah nothing to see here, probably didn't happen" .......

manager slaps a player in front of others "man up!",  "You need to work with real men, that's how it is". 

nah.... the position of a manager is one of the most difficult to maintain cos you are never off duty when the people under you are in your presence, you are being watched and judged all the time. 

you wanna demand timeliness, being called "gaffer", maximum effort, respect, the adherence to your instructions - you better make sure you are impeccable.

you do not put your hands on a player. A popular lad at that. It's not done.

in my criticism of dyche i had to actually justify why I wasn't a snowflake to people who are usually very woke.  Ive always been a man's man in what is old money - I teach my kids "someone hits you - you do the same back and I'll deal with the fallout"

Dyche should have been disciplined because as far as I'm concerned Patterson was well in his rights to stand up and give him a slap back.  Obviously 6ft2 alpha male Dyche would have no doubt given him a good hiding and tried to clear the air "at the bar with a beer to forget about it" 

the top and bottom is that he had to apologise in front of the team after being told he's out of order by Tarkowski.   The balance of power was taken away there and then. 

37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

"Lardy dardy dah nothing to see here, probably didn't happen" .......

manager slaps a player in front of others "man up!",  "You need to work with real men, that's how it is". 

nah.... the position of a manager is one of the most difficult to maintain cos you are never off duty when the people under you are in your presence, you are being watched and judged all the time. 

you wanna demand timeliness, being called "gaffer", maximum effort, respect, the adherence to your instructions - you better make sure you are impeccable.

you do not put your hands on a player. A popular lad at that. It's not done.

in my criticism of dyche i had to actually justify why I wasn't a snowflake to people who are usually very woke.  Ive always been a man's man in what is old money - I teach my kids "someone hits you - you do the same back and I'll deal with the fallout"

Dyche should have been disciplined because as far as I'm concerned Patterson was well in his rights to stand up and give him a slap back.  Obviously 6ft2 alpha male Dyche would have no doubt given him a good hiding and tried to clear the air "at the bar with a beer to forget about it" 

the top and bottom is that he had to apologise in front of the team after being told he's out of order by Tarkowski.   The balance of power was taken away there and then. 

We are in a right mess now even worse than last season we need the team to turn it around big time. 
I’m not sure we can do it. 

12 hours ago, patto said:

We are in a right mess now even worse than last season we need the team to turn it around big time. 
I’m not sure we can do it. 

We all need to dig deep. Feels like it’s constantly coming back to the fans to lift the players for that final push.

Whatever happens though, this rot needs to stop.

I am genuinely terrified for the run of games against relegation rivals. If there is ever a time for us to go on a run on 3/4 results it’s now.

I look at our remaining games and with probably misplaced expectations / optimism I believe we will stay up, but then I think about Dyche who’s he going to pick, what’s he going to do tactically, and how are the players going to respond to those tactics and it fills me with fear. 
We have players that are equally as good or not better on paper than quite a few teams in the league, but we play the ugliest style of football in the league it’s shockingly embarrassing to watch and for a majority of our players must be soul destroying to play week in week out, yet the one thing that sets us apart from these other teams and there is no doubt that we unequivocally have the worst manager in the league. 
For those of you who live in and around the city you won’t hear what other fans think of our football you will only hear the shite from the shite fan’s and the wtf going on between the Evertonian’s, you need to try living and working where I am and listen on a daily basis to what supporters who know you are an Everton fan have to say, yes there is plenty of sympathy from the wider footballing community, Everton are a very much respected club with supporters around the country. 
But what these fans rival supporters say about our manager and our style of football is heart wrenching to hear and there’s no argument you can have with them because they are fucking right, and it’s basically we are shit because our manager is shit. 
Yet there are so many Evertonian’s who sucked in by Dyche and his 18 months of talking a good job, because they are cocooned in this small environment of Liverpool and don’t hear what the rest of the country and their fans think of us, the useless fucker is getting away with turning us week by week into the worst team in the league and the worst team I can remember in my 57 years of supporting this club, and this story he relentlessly goes on about every week that we need to change and he needs to change, will only change when the worst manager ever to set foot in this club is shown the door, and only then can we start along the long road to building a better future on the pitch. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I look at our remaining games and with probably misplaced expectations / optimism I believe we will stay up, but then I think about Dyche who’s he going to pick, what’s he going to do tactically, and how are the players going to respond to those tactics and it fills me with fear. 
We have players that are equally as good or not better on paper than quite a few teams in the league, but we play the ugliest style of football in the league it’s shockingly embarrassing to watch and for a majority of our players must be soul destroying to play week in week out, yet the one thing that sets us apart from these other teams and there is no doubt that we unequivocally have the worst manager in the league. 
For those of you who live in and around the city you won’t hear what other fans think of our football you will only hear the shite from the shite fan’s and the wtf going on between the Evertonian’s, you need to try living and working where I am and listen on a daily basis to what supporters who know you are an Everton fan have to say, yes there is plenty of sympathy from the wider footballing community, Everton are a very much respected club with supporters around the country. 
But what these fans rival supporters say about our manager and our style of football is heart wrenching to hear and there’s no argument you can have with them because they are fucking right, and it’s basically we are shit because our manager is shit. 
Yet there are so many Evertonian’s who sucked in by Dyche and his 18 months of talking a good job, because they are cocooned in this small environment of Liverpool and don’t hear what the rest of the country and their fans think of us, the useless fucker is getting away with turning us week by week into the worst team in the league and the worst team I can remember in my 57 years of supporting this club, and this story he relentlessly goes on about every week that we need to change and he needs to change, will only change when the worst manager ever to set foot in this club is shown the door, and only then can we start along the long road to building a better future on the pitch. 

I know like many fans I have said "you bust a gut for the shirt and the fans even if you hate the manager"

looking at it properly - if you are miserable in your job then that's a considerable amount of time that you feel like crap regardless of how much you are getting paid. You are gonna be unmotivated, lack confidence, doing your role with fear.

thats what I see in our players, its the reason why you get new manager bounces. 

when Burnley sacked Dyche many of us were delighted cos we thought he was the only reason they were in the league.  The reality was far different, their fans were made up, the players responded to a man with no managerial experience and they nearly survived.  

When dyche was sacked they were 4 points off safety on 24 points with 8 to play - 0.8 ppg.  Jackson won manager of the month and returned 1.4 ppg. 

i'm not saying Mike Jackson is a great manager - what I'm saying is that a bloke who got sacked from Tranmere got more from their players than Dyche. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I know like many fans I have said "you bust a gut for the shirt and the fans even if you hate the manager"

looking at it properly - if you are miserable in your job then that's a considerable amount of time that you feel like crap regardless of how much you are getting paid. You are gonna be unmotivated, lack confidence, doing your role with fear.

thats what I see in our players, its the reason why you get new manager bounces. 

when Burnley sacked Dyche many of us were delighted cos we thought he was the only reason they were in the league.  The reality was far different, their fans were made up, the players responded to a man with no managerial experience and they nearly survived.  

When dyche was sacked they were 4 points off safety on 24 points with 8 to play - 0.8 ppg.  Jackson won manager of the month and returned 1.4 ppg. 

i'm not saying Mike Jackson is a great manager - what I'm saying is that a bloke who got sacked from Tranmere got more from their players than Dyche. 

Exactly manager’s are paid to coach and make plays better than the have been it’s a big part of the job criteria, Dyche has gone backwards not forwards, he doesn’t understand the strengths and weaknesses of his players and doesn’t except his own frailties. 
We got the players they are definitely not the best the league but are far from the worst, they are disheartened and disinterested with what the manager is saying and doing, it doesn’t take a genius to see that they’ve had enough of the tactics and crap spoken from him, someone at the club needs to get him out so we can move forward. 

The manager does not make them miss an open goal from 3 yards out,or miss penalty's, he does not make them suddenly become incapable of passing it 10 yards to each other, He does not stop them putting in shift, he does not stop them running and tell them to just amble about the pitch, he did not buy this bunch of tossers who have thrown half a dozen managers under the bus. He did a great job at Burnley as my season ticket holding friend said for 8 years, kept them in the prem, qualified for europe with a team on a shoe string, Im not saying he is a great manager, or the right man for us going forward, but all this shit i have seen on here putting all the blame on his is pathetic, He come into a toxic club, with no board, no direction, an owner who is clueless and dangerous to our very existence, points deducted, and you want to sack the only man who is doing what he can to keep us up. All the complaints i have seen above should be aimed at the 11 idle tossers who cross the white line every match. He might not have peps mind set, he can not make them play like city, they play a basic style of football, because they are very basic players.

Do you not think he would get rid of most of them if he had a chance.

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

The manager does not make them miss an open goal from 3 yards out,or miss penalty's, he does not make them suddenly become incapable of passing it 10 yards to each other, He does not stop them putting in shift, he does not stop them running and tell them to just amble about the pitch, he did not buy this bunch of tossers who have thrown half a dozen managers under the bus. He did a great job at Burnley as my season ticket holding friend said for 8 years, kept them in the prem, qualified for europe with a team on a shoe string, Im not saying he is a great manager, or the right man for us going forward, but all this shit i have seen on here putting all the blame on his is pathetic, He come into a toxic club, with no board, no direction, an owner who is clueless and dangerous to our very existence, points deducted, and you want to sack the only man who is doing what he can to keep us up. All the complaints i have seen above should be aimed at the 11 idle tossers who cross the white line every match. He might not have peps mind set, he can not make them play like city, they play a basic style of football, because they are very basic players.

Do you not think he would get rid of most of them if he had a chance.

Everything you are talking about is all about confidence and repetition.   The only thing that Dyche repeats are soundbites and failed selections and tactics.  He took them to portugal and admitted working on nothing new

My view is because of the very predictable nature of dyche it would be very easy to find trends.... so let's go to his sacking at Burnley and look for the similarities to what we may be seeing now:- 

1. he was sacked at Burnley for 14 wins in 68 prem matches - 1 in 4 and lost 50% of those games.  For us this season he has lost just under half the games and is averaging 1 win in 3.5 games.  In the 12 prem games of 2024 he has 1 win in 12 and lost almost half the games.  Sackable.

2. Burnley fans views: - here some snippets... pretty scary

"The problem was that Dyche was steadfastly repeating the same mistakes.  I’m all for letting a player play himself back into form, but both Ashley Westwood and Dwight McNeil got an enormous amount of leeway. No matter how badly it wasn’t working, and it didn’t take much to see that it the Burnley midfield had massive great holes in it where some semblance of creativity should have been, change was not coming."

"Tactically, the team were relying on the same old approach, keep disciplined, organised and make up for a lack of quality by outworking your opponent in 1 on 1 battles.  That’s a perfectly fine concept, except anyone is going to cotton on it by the sixth consecutive season.  There was no surprise element and clubs that had been previously upset by the Clarets were fully prepared to minimise their own problems this time around. Dyche had few answers, either in his toolbox or in the squad."

"The problem is that Chris Wood has gone and tactically, we’re treating his replacement as a taller, Dutch Chris Wood.  This is despite him clearly being far, far more effective with the ball passed to his feet.  Dyche’s insistence on lumping it up to the Big Guy was absolutely detrimental to the team.  It’s all well and good to moan about a lack of goals from Weghorst, but he has had absolutely no quality service from anywhere in the midfield."

"Dyche continually preached about “small margins” and there is no denying that Burnley have been on the wrong side of those small margins."

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Exactly manager’s are paid to coach and make plays better than the have been it’s a big part of the job criteria, Dyche has gone backwards not forwards, he doesn’t understand the strengths and weaknesses of his players and doesn’t except his own frailties. 
We got the players they are definitely not the best the league but are far from the worst, they are disheartened and disinterested with what the manager is saying and doing, it doesn’t take a genius to see that they’ve had enough of the tactics and crap spoken from him, someone at the club needs to get him out so we can move forward. 

This is a general reply Palfy, just your post as a reference. Not targeting anyone here.

I'm pretty sure he knows their strengths and weaknesses. Whether he knows how to get the best balance is another thing and that was hit and miss for a while. I'm not going to say he hasn't become part of the problem, he has (although I didn't see anyone celebrating the triple substitution at half time :P). But there are several elements that people either don't ask themselves about or expect miracles.

Look at the squad he inherited.

1) Their mental state is the main reason the players are shit. 7 of the senior squad have been through FSW, SA, Koeman and all the shit of the last 3 seasons, so it's little wonder they've got 0 self belief. I know the argument will be "but that's what they're paid to do" or some other similar statement. They are human beings, elite athletes, vs the general population at least, and 

2) Look at the squad depth. He has had very, very little opportunity to change things up because the squad is so damn thin. I hear the "well play the kids then", but you have to ask yourself, if they were ready, they would've been playing already under other managers or snapped up. 

3) the league is actively trying to destroy the club. No tin hat here, it's all on display. 

He is a part of a much bigger problem and problem has been caused by constant changes in managers, structures, styles, etc.

I've got a project at the moment and it was going swimmingly until the resource got pulled. Now it's scraping along and it's become toxic because its not supported well enough. As the Project Manager you could argue that I should make do with what I've got to hand and make it work, that's my role after all. But when no one has money to support it, it doesn't improve. So until there's a cash injection, I'm operating it on survival mode and have had to sacrifice a lot of the basic functionality and principles because people are getting upset that it's not working. I'm talking about a fuckin IT tool, I can't begin to imagine for a football club. Well, I can, and that's the only reason I continue to back him even though things are not good enough.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

This is a general reply Palfy, just your post as a reference. Not targeting anyone here.

I'm pretty sure he knows their strengths and weaknesses. Whether he knows how to get the best balance is another thing and that was hit and miss for a while. I'm not going to say he hasn't become part of the problem, he has (although I didn't see anyone celebrating the triple substitution at half time :P). But there are several elements that people either don't ask themselves about or expect miracles.

1) Their mental state is the main reason the players are shit. 7 of the senior squad have been through FSW, SA, Koeman and all the shit of the last 3 seasons, so it's little wonder they've got 0 self belief. I know the argument will be "but that's what they're paid to do" or some other similar statement. They are human beings, elite athletes, vs the general population at least, and 

2) Look at the squad depth. He has had very, very little opportunity to change things up because the squad is so damn thin. I hear the "well play the kids then", but you have to ask yourself, if they were ready, they would've been playing already under other managers or snapped up. 

3) the league is actively trying to destroy the club. No tin hat here, it's all on display. 

He is a part of a much bigger problem and problem has been caused by constant changes in managers, structures, styles, etc.

I've got a project at the moment and it was going swimmingly until the resource got pulled. Now it's scraping along and it's become toxic because its not supported well enough. As the Project Manager you could argue that I should make do with what I've got to hand and make it work, that's my role after all. But when no one has money to support it, it doesn't improve. So until there's a cash injection, I'm operating it on survival mode and have had to sacrifice a lot of the basic functionality and principles because people are getting upset that it's not working. I'm talking about a fuckin IT tool, I can't begin to imagine for a football club. Well, I can, and that's the only reason I continue to back him even though things are not good enough.

https://outofmytinymind.com/2022/04/18/off-dyche-and-then/

interesting read..... I used for my post above.  In short he is showing very similar traits his his ones at Burnley.

You can dress it up anyway that you want - that group of players should not be performing like that, its an international level spine - Pickford, Tarks, Branthwait, Onana, Gana, DCL

absolutely shambolic how he has them looking like sunday league hoof merchants.

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

https://outofmytinymind.com/2022/04/18/off-dyche-and-then/

interesting read..... I used for my post above.  In short he is showing very similar traits his his ones at Burnley.

You can dress it up anyway that you want - that group of players should not be performing like that, its an international level spine - Pickford, Tarks, Branthwait, Onana, Gana, DCL

absolutely shambolic how he has them looking like sunday league hoof merchants.

Not dressing anything up. Unless he's actively coaching them to finish and pass well in training but bottle it when it counts, then I'll take it all back. But there's only so much you can do with those factors (and more) that are part of the overall problem before you look clueless. Honestly don't know anyone who would get this group performing as individuals and a team with the cloud hanging over the club and the years of bad mentalities in and around the club.

I've defended him in the past because the players were creating chances. But even the chances have dried up and I've not noticed much change in tactics (partly because he hasnt got a squad to change around) so it can only be in the players heads to improve things. 

But all that aside, if we could afford to sack him he would've been gone already and I would be pissed off that yet another manager with yet another style hasn't been given time rather than be annoyed at losing him. I think thats always been my stance, i can defend circumstances but I get angry with the situation and keep insisting on 1 manager just for that 1 element of stability.

Whichever new owner we get will have him out the door on day one (he might already know this and maybe that's affecting him too, though he doesn't seem the type to me). But who turns this groups head around? Genuinely don't know and maybe a fire sale is going to be beneficial, so long as we have a manager in place.

That's not me accepting the poorness of our play, that's me recognising we're in a shit place and if I thought changing the manager would improve things, I'd be supportive of it. But I don't believe it will beneficial.

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not dressing anything up. Unless he's actively coaching them to finish and pass well in training but bottle it when it counts, then I'll take it all back. But there's only so much you can do with those factors (and more) that are part of the overall problem before you look clueless. Honestly don't know anyone who would get this group performing as individuals and a team with the cloud hanging over the club and the years of bad mentalities in and around the club.

I've defended him in the past because the players were creating chances. But even the chances have dried up and I've not noticed much change in tactics (partly because he hasnt got a squad to change around) so it can only be in the players heads to improve things. 

But all that aside, if we could afford to sack him he would've been gone already and I would be pissed off that yet another manager with yet another style hasn't been given time rather than be annoyed at losing him. I think thats always been my stance, i can defend circumstances but I get angry with the situation and keep insisting on 1 manager just for that 1 element of stability.

Whichever new owner we get will have him out the door on day one (he might already know this and maybe that's affecting him too, though he doesn't seem the type to me). But who turns this groups head around? Genuinely don't know and maybe a fire sale is going to be beneficial, so long as we have a manager in place.

That's not me accepting the poorness of our play, that's me recognising we're in a shit place and if I thought changing the manager would improve things, I'd be supportive of it. But I don't believe it will beneficial.

If the players were abysmal from defending set pieces you would hold him accountable wouldn't you? Why is it different in any other pattern or phase of play? 

its quite frankly unacceptable. The exact same issues were pointed out at Burnley. He does not have answers for them because it's not something he or his coaches have ever been good at. It's a fact. 

everything in football is about drilling and drilling. To me it's abundantly clear he doesn't do that. He was asked about this quite specifically in Portugal to which he replied - no. 

stick him and his coaches on gardening leave and let baines take over. He's taking us down. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

If the players were abysmal from defending set pieces you would hold accountable wouldn't you? Why is it different in any other pattern or phase of play? 

its quite frankly unacceptable. The exact same issues were pointed out at Burnley. He does not have answers for them because it's not something he or his coaches have ever been good at. It's a fact. 

everything in football is about drilling and drilling. To me it's abundantly clear he doesn't do that.

stick him and his coaches on gardening leave and let baines take over. He's taking us down. 

If my defenders were abysmal at defending set pieces with their shoelaces tied together, I'd still be angry but I'd understand why. The handicap of the clubs state of affairs over the last several years is still there.

Do you think Baines would rally the troops? He was always so quiet but he was also captain and highly thought of. Maybe him and Coleman, someone who can be the voice and kick them up the arse (metaphorically speaking of course :P)? But we can't pay Dyche off, else we would have already going on past experiences, so it's immaterial really. Doesn't make it any less frustrating or anger inducing.

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

could have wrote that myself.

This season 'horribilus' just has to now play itself out in the terrible state we are in both on and off the pitch from both our own doing and outside influences on the club. A whole season dogged by PSR and a somewhat questionable takeover.

Given the crap going on around the place - changing manager etc would be nothing more that a coin flip at best, why waste the money or have another mangerial change chalk up against the club. May as well be seen as a club who now give the manager every chance to turn shit around. Also why pay a manager off and simply let them off the hook. It fuck all to do with playing style now, all about grinding out results to get over the finsh line. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I didn’t celebrate the triple substitutions at half time, if you read the match posts you will see I wanted it changed at 2-0 to give us a chance at possibly getting back into the game, but I said he will wait till it’s 3-0 when we will have no chance of getting that back, but no he didn’t budge then he waited till it was 4-0 and half time before trying to change that was lost at 3-0, so no Matt I don’t celebrate his changes at half time, I condemn him for letting it get to 4-0 before making a change. 
Can’t you see that’s the actions of manager who can’t manage the team or the game, he’s not changing the story as his favourite sound bite is every week, he’s not capable of changing the story for the better, but he’s doing a stellar job at making it worse. 
I know it’s all about opinions Matt and I respect yours, some of the things you have mentioned can’t be ignored or denied and of course they have effected the team over time, but he’s not for me mate he’s making basic mistakes when it comes to team selection and tactics which is making a poor situation so much worse. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I didn’t celebrate the triple substitutions at half time, if you read the match posts you will see I wanted it changed at 2-0 to give us a chance at possibly getting back into the game, but I said he will wait till it’s 3-0 when we will have no chance of getting that back, but no he didn’t budge then he waited till it was 4-0 and half time before trying to change that was lost at 3-0, so no Matt I don’t celebrate his changes at half time, I condemn him for letting it get to 4-0 before making a change. 
Can’t you see that’s the actions of manager who can’t manage the team or the game, he’s not changing the story as his favourite sound bite is every week, he’s not capable of changing the story for the better, but he’s doing a stellar job at making it worse. 
I know it’s all about opinions Matt and I respect yours, some of the things you have mentioned can’t be ignored or denied and of course they have effected the team over time, but he’s not for me mate he’s making basic mistakes when it comes to team selection and tactics which is making a poor situation so much worse. 

I had hoped the :P and the explicit mentioning that it wasnt aimed at you, but oh well, back to the drawing board :lol:

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I had hoped the :P and the explicit mentioning that it wasnt aimed at you, but oh well, back to the drawing board :lol:

Yeah I forgot that bit 😄 apologies Matt wasn’t meant to look like I was calling you out, more to show I’ve been consistent in my opinions of Dyche even if some haven’t, or as yourself you have a different opinion which you make a good argument for. 
But isn’t it good to have different views yet not fallout over them, it’s like we’re big boys now, see you at play time 😄

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yeah I forgot that bit 😄 apologies Matt wasn’t meant to look like I was calling you out, more to show I’ve been consistent in my opinions of Dyche even if some haven’t, or as yourself you have a different opinion which you make a good argument for. 
But isn’t it good to have different views yet not fallout over them, it’s like we’re big boys now, see you at play time 😄

All good mate. Like I said, but maybe not clearly enough; I can't defend him anymore. I still believe the players are the biggest problem. After all, this run hasn't improved even with the enforced changes mixing the teams up a bit. But when you've got 16 seniors to chose from seriously (before injuries, suspensions and AFCON) mixing things up isn't really an option and the whole style (or complete lack thereof) is to avoid exposing the weakness of our players, like basic passing, basic shooting, basic tracking and running. They do it in the training videos, so how does Dyche transfer that concentration over the line? I don't think he can with everything taken into consideration and so he should go if we have a decent candidate. Hafs shout about Baines is a good call if we want to survive on blood and thunder. I wonder if we could tempt Carsley when thinking outside the media... But again, circumstances prevent us swapping staff.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

All good mate. Like I said, but maybe not clearly enough; I can't defend him anymore. I still believe the players are the biggest problem. After all, this run hasn't improved even with the enforced changes mixing the teams up a bit. But when you've got 16 seniors to chose from seriously (before injuries, suspensions and AFCON) mixing things up isn't really an option and the whole style (or completely lack thereof) is to avoid exposing the weakness of our players, like basic passing, basic shooting, basic tracking and running. They do it in the training videos, so how does Dyche transfer that concentration over the line? I don't think he can with everything taken into consideration and so he should go if we have a decent candidate. Hafs shout about Baines is a good call if we want to survive on blood and thunder. I wonder if we could tempt Carsley when thinking outside the media... But again, circumstances prevent us swapping staff.

I like the Carsley shout 👍