IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

Just now, StevO said:

I’ll ask again, is this fun for you?

Well it all depends Steve doesn't it.   My opinions are my opinions - if I find the collective wants to play with me then I'll have some fun. When they wanna start throwing toys out the pram then I'll be more serious.

in short - like I've said I'm gonna take no shit. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Newty.... it's a forum. People type their thoughts about a shite football club that they want to do well. 

my focus is Everton and I get annoyed at people who tolerate shite, make excuses for shite or even worse pick on easy targets at the club.

there is a pack mentality on here and there is no question of that. Only need to look at this thread.  Go against the common consensus and you are sniggered at. 

you ain't gonna get a character read on here on people.   No one would align my posts to me if they knew me.... they would based on who I rate or don't rate but not the tone.  I read some of my posts and think "prick" - but when I'm being a prick it's usually justified. 

There isn’t a pack mentality. There are disagreements all over this forum, but when it’s you that someone disagrees with you spend days hammering it home. You think this pack mentality exists, a lot of us have similar views, but it’s you that keeps the argument going. Just pushing it over and over and over. 

It’s not even worth it. Christ. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Well it all depends Steve doesn't it.   My opinions are my opinions - if I find the collective wants to play with me then I'll have some fun. When they wanna start throwing toys out the pram then I'll be more serious.

in short - like I've said I'm gonna take no shit. 

Throwing toys? Seriously! 

Again, these retentive arguments where you see the need to pull up someone’s differing opinion from a decade ago, do you find it fun? It’s a closed question. 

Just now, StevO said:

There isn’t a pack mentality. There are disagreements all over this forum, but when it’s you that someone disagrees with you spend days hammering it home. You think this pack mentality exists, a lot of us have similar views, but it’s you that keeps the argument going. Just pushing it over and over and over. 

It’s not even worth it. Christ. 

If it's not worth it why ask again?! FFS. I stated my thoughts earlier, what do you want a different answer? 

of course it's a pack mentality and I've been in it myself. Don't tell me my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Throwing toys? Seriously! 

Again, these retentive arguments where you see the need to pull up someone’s differing opinion from a decade ago, do you find it fun? It’s a closed question. 

Still asking questions? Want a different answer?  I was challenged to find proof - I found it. I did ask "do you seriously want me to look"...... next time to save the forum the headache be sure to tell the person not to ask me eh? 

good night Steve 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Still asking questions? Want a different answer?  I was challenged to find proof - I found it. 

good night Steve 

I asked a question if you enjoyed this, which you haven’t answered. It’s a simple yes or no. 

You were asked to find proof because you, as usual, were hammering an argument about your current whipping boy and switched to pulling up opinions on other topics. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

If it's not worth it why ask again?! FFS. I stated my thoughts earlier, what do you want a different answer? 

of course it's a pack mentality and I've been in it myself. Don't tell me my opinion. 

If there was a pack mentality, and the clique you’re so fond of, that’s always against you, why wouldn’t we just delete your account? 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

If there was a pack mentality, and the clique you’re so fond of, that’s always against you, why wouldn’t we just delete your account? 

Ooh that would be one level up from deleting posts wouldn't it? 

tell you what though - you knock yourself out. Use your powers as you see fit.  It's not lost on most people who will view this thread as to how feathers got ruffled. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Ooh that would be one level up from deleting posts wouldn't it? 

tell you what though - you knock yourself out. Use your powers as you see fit.  It's not lost on most people who will view this thread as to how feathers got ruffled. 

Feathers aren’t ruffled. It’s confusion as to why you do this and why you think people gang up on you. My point was that if we were all so against you wouldn’t we just take the easy option and delete? No one gangs up on you like you think. You just pick fights with everyone who disagrees with you and it’s normally a lot of people. 

And yet you still can’t answer a basic question that is do you find the way you act in here fun? 

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

Feathers aren’t ruffled. It’s confusion as to why you do this and why you think people gang up on you. My point was that if we were all so against you wouldn’t we just take the easy option and delete? No one gangs up on you like you think. You just pick fights with everyone who disagrees with you and it’s normally a lot of people. 

And yet you still can’t answer a basic question that is do you find the way you act in here fun? 

Steve. Just to remind you - just cos you say something doesn't make it so.  

Asking the same question in search for different answer doesn't mean you've asked a difficult question - you have an answer but it's not what you were looking for. 

I don't believe discussing this any further is of any benefit, I've made my opinion and stance very clear. 

remember this is a forum. It's not personal, it's not a competition, it's a place to exchange opinions. I like every person on here, some may annoy me as I annoy them but it's a community 

Have a nice Easter Sunday all.   

I’m asking the same question because you haven’t answered it. 😂

I asked if it’s fun. I don’t see how the answer can be anything other than yes or no, but you haven’t answered it. You’ve explained why you act like this, but I’ve asked if it’s fun for you. Nothing more, nothing less. 

35 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Dyche needs to be braver in his team selection, we need to have players in and around the midfield that have the ability to receive the ball in tight positions and then have the ability to move it on without giving it away. 
All so we have stop the long balls from Pickford and Tarkowski as our favourite means of attack, they do us more harm than good, yes clear the ball long when it’s the best option of defending, but not as a tactical decision. 
Dyche got lucky today that Pickford wiped is arse for him. 
Next game let’s see a team selected to win the game and not just defend it. 

The disallowed goal gave him a bit of a panic and made him realise it needed to change and he knows fans are fuming with him sticking to the same old same old. 

On 02/04/2024 at 23:09, Hafnia said:

The disallowed goal gave him a bit of a panic and made him realise it needed to change and he knows fans are fuming with him sticking to the same old same old. 

I’ve just finished reading an article bigging Dyche up for his gamble of the 3 subs like he’s some sort footballing genius. 
Makes you realise how some pundits no very little about the game they write about, trust me he’s no genius. 
Firstly he should never have started the game with Doucoure Onana and Gana on the pitch at the same time, that trio in the middle gave us no quality when in possession of the ball, for the sake of the club the sooner Dyche’s gone the better. 
He’s got the players there at his disposal to have us in a far better position than we are in, it’s his own lack of tactical ability and knowledge that has seen us not win in 13 games and only amassed 6 points out of 39 and the worst run since the 1930s. 
And as he said he doesn’t care, well Dyche I think thousands of Evertonian’s realise that and they care. 

After the match against Burnley yesterday.

“We looked at how well we had played this season and not won,” said Dyche, “so we deliberately tried to play it long and strong and play the game as awkward and ugly as possible and get an ugly win and it worked.”

Yes, it was ugly as hell and could have easily ended in a draw. Or worse.

I just think it's a rather strange thing to say. Well, perhaps it's just me. Not satisfied with the play, but loved the three points.

1 hour ago, Sev said:

“We looked at how well we had played this season and not won,” said Dyche, “so we deliberately tried to play it long and strong and play the game as awkward and ugly as possible and get an ugly win and it worked.”

I just think it's a rather strange thing to say. Well, perhaps it's just me. Not satisfied with the play, but loved the three points.

He's come out with some weird stuff recently. I guess that's what pressure can do to you.

1 hour ago, Sev said:

26 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

He's come out with some weird stuff recently. I guess that's what pressure can do to you.

I don't really have an issue with that being the plan for Burnley tbh. It probably is the way to go against them - press them into making mistakes, and when we have it get the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible so their shite defenders are pressurised (and we can only do that by hitting it long because we lack pace).

I would've tweaked it a little bit when it became apparent very quickly that the wind was going to be an issue. Too many times Pickford went long and the wind stopped the ball going where it was intended.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't really have an issue with that being the plan for Burnley tbh. It probably is the way to go against them - press them into making mistakes, and when we have it get the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible so their shite defenders are pressurised (and we can only do that by hitting it long because we lack pace).

I would've tweaked it a little bit when it became apparent very quickly that the wind was going to be an issue. Too many times Pickford went long and the wind stopped the ball going where it was intended.

Yeah. For me it's more the statement of deliberately playing it long...like it was a master stroke for this game that we've not seen before 😂

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Based on yesterday's battling showing it would appear that he still has the support of at least 11 of the squad.

I doubt it the players are in a situation where they can’t throw the towel in they have to do it for the fans and themselves.

I don’t think Dyche comes into it other than he selects the team. 

37 minutes ago, patto said:

I doubt it the players are in a situation where they can’t throw the towel in they have to do it for the fans and themselves.

I don’t think Dyche comes into it other than he selects the team. 

Is this the same players that have thrown the towel in under every manager we have had since Moyes?

11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Is this the same players that have thrown the towel in under every manager we have had since Moyes?

It’s a mish mash and yeah same players mostly but it’s too late in the season to try and get the manager out.