IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

In short he's toast.   He's reliant on 100% buy in and respect from the players. 

When Alex Ferguson cut Beckhams eye with a boot his response was "get that stitched up"...... the bully knew his temper would have been the end of him if he wasn't a successful manager.  For him he needed to be unapologetic even when wrong - otherwise he looks weak. 

Dyche doesn't have the credit in the bank to get away with this. Patterson by all accounts is a very popular lad with the players. The fact he's not been picked despite Godfrey being poor says it feels personal.

David Brent levels of stupidity 

I wonder what Thelwell thinks of the situation he must surely speak to the senior players about what has happened 

11 minutes ago, patto said:

I wonder what Thelwell thinks of the situation he must surely speak to the senior players about what has happened 

People trying to trivialise this are way off the mark. 

If you can quote the rules you can obey the rules.... Dyche is a disciplinarian but this isn't Tom Browns school days and he isn't strutting round with a cape and a cane.  

It may galvanise the squad - at least we hope so 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

People trying to trivialise this are way off the mark. 

If you can quote the rules you can obey the rules.... Dyche is a disciplinarian but this isn't Tom Browns school days and he isn't strutting round with a cape and a cane.  

It may galvanise the squad - at least we hope so 

We will find out at Bournemouth which is an awful venue for us normally 

Just now, Palfy said:

I wonder if the Bookies are doing odds on Patterson making the starting 11, if they are I would put 50 on him starting.  

Coleman can’t stay fit, Godfrey has been garbage, Young has been playing further forward and also can’t stay fit. Would make sense to start Patterson anyway, right?

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I wonder if the Bookies are doing odds on Patterson making the starting 11, if they are I would put 50 on him starting.  

I doubt he will start although I think he should definitely have played more than he has done. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

I never said that at all I said he picked his mark. 
Dyche is lucky it never went further than it did or he would already be out on his arse. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

its quite clear that he didn't say that.

its not very difficult to read this clearly....

1. would dyche be ok with someone slapping him on the back of the head?

2.  Would you have expected Joe Royle, Howard Kendall, Ancellotti to slap a players head?

3. Would such slap Coleman, Tarks, Pickford on the back of the head? 

the answer to all those questions is no. Dyche is bang out of order. 

It’s more the “he had to pick Patterson & picked his mark” comment which interprets it was a planned moment out of motive.

Simply, I don’t know all the details & clearly not as privy as Patto is to the ins & outs of the inner running of the club. Patto could have said something completely out of line, it could have been a very minor thing that became a bit more than intended, it could have been an act of bullying. Point is I don’t know exactly but from most reports an apology was given & acceptable, which sounds like it’s dealt with. I’m also not saying it’s okay to slap anyone for the record but there is context to be considered.

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

Coleman can’t stay fit, Godfrey has been garbage, Young has been playing further forward and also can’t stay fit. Would make sense to start Patterson anyway, right?

It definitely would I felt weeks ago that Patterson should be playing, but now if he starts after what’s happened it would for me feel like Dyche saying there’s no problem between me and Patterson, and if what happened hadn’t happened I wouldn’t even be thinking there’s any chance Patterson starting, because Dyche’s evaluation of him has been clear, he’s not ready or good enough. 
Anyhow has anybody seen the odds for Patterson play I feel there’s a bit of money to be made on this. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It definitely would I felt weeks ago that Patterson should be playing, but now if he starts after what’s happened it would for me feel like Dyche saying there’s no problem between me and Patterson, and if what happened hadn’t happened I wouldn’t even be thinking there’s any chance Patterson starting, because Dyche’s evaluation of him has been clear, he’s not ready or good enough. 
Anyhow has anybody seen the odds for Patterson stay I feel there’s a bit of money to be made on this. 

Patto should have been in the team from Christmas. No doubt of that. A run of 11 games(?) without a win anyways, would have been valuable time for him to develop in to the player we all know he can be. His ceiling is higher than anyone we have at RB at the moment.

On 01/02/2023 at 18:15, StevO said:

I’ve seen a lot of him on YouTube this week. He’s a very likeable bloke, he likes golf and pint so my kind of fella. It feels like an inevitable count down to the point he leaves and the club is no better, and just like when Frank left, I’ll think no less of him. I’ll just feel sorry for him. He’s not even a week into the job, not walked out in front of the Goodison Park crowd, and the club have let him down. Like Frank, he will be stuck in front of the media week in and week out, justifying the performance and no doubt dodging questions about fan protests. 

If, just if, Sean Dyche can keep us in the Premier League this season he will be a fucking hero. 

Not much has changed...

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

You know that how?

I took the degrading step of actually opening the fail site to read the article, and there was no mention at all of alcohol.

What there was was, "Mail sport has learned" (no source) blah blah "Dyche is understood (by who? Again no source) to have apologised to Patterson." BLAH BLAH "...caused a stir among fellow restaurant diners." (none of whom felt the need or inclination to talk about it apparently).

Can't believe how ridiculous this thread has got, everyone believing without question a highly dubious report, but not only that, going off into fantasy land to embellish it.

Love a bit of drama don't we:doh:

Hey now not everyone :shakingfist:

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

You know that how?

I took the degrading step of actually opening the fail site to read the article, and there was no mention at all of alcohol.

What there was was, "Mail sport has learned" (no source) blah blah "Dyche is understood (by who? Again no source) to have apologised to Patterson." BLAH BLAH "...caused a stir among fellow restaurant diners." (none of whom felt the need or inclination to talk about it apparently).

Can't believe how ridiculous this thread has got, everyone believing without question a highly dubious report, but not only that, going off into fantasy land to embellish it.

Most people like a glass of wine with a meal. 
there was alcohol now I’m not saying anyone was pissed especially not the players but there was alcohol involved. 

The problem for us is the players will have lost a lot of respect for Dyche and I’m not sure he will regain it. 
can results bridge that gap I don’t know the man is out on a limb now 2 months without a win is massive. 

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

You know that how?

Only when it fits a narrative...

1 hour ago, patto said:

The problem for us is the players will have lost a lot of respect for Dyche and I’m not sure he will regain it. 
can results bridge that gap I don’t know the man is out on a limb now 2 months without a win is massive. 

The players will have forgotten about it by the time the flight landed back in England. Lost respect after a bit of a gag went wrong? But had the balls to apologise? 
I have more respect for someone who holds their hands up when they make a mistake. If it’s the first mistake he’s made then I’m sure he’s forgiven most of the team for their mistakes in his time here.

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

The players will have forgotten about it by the time the flight landed back in England. Lost respect after a bit of a gag went wrong? But had the balls to apologise? 
I have more respect for someone who holds their hands up when they make a mistake. If it’s the first mistake he’s made then I’m sure he’s forgiven most of the team for their mistakes in his time here.

A gag that went wrong? - the captains took the manager outside to pull him up.  

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

You know that how?

Of course there was ale involved.... Dyche intimated that they would get down time.  You reckon they went into town and drank ribena? 

You honestly think a manager slaps a player on the back of the head when completely sober?  I'm actually giving Dyche the benefit of assuming ale was involved in order to act like David Brent. 

Id love to see half of you lot be ok about getting slapped on the back of the head by a manager in a public place.  You'd be going to HR. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Id love to see half of you lot be ok about getting slapped on the back of the head by a manager in a public place.  You'd be going to HR. 

A lot of my previous managers are the ones that bring coke for everyone on a staff night out. Not really a culture of going to HR. 
I handcuffed an apprentice to a bottle of oil once. She carried it around all day. Fun times. 

54 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Of course there was ale involved.... Dyche intimated that they would get down time.  You reckon they went into town and drank ribena? 

You honestly think a manager slaps a player on the back of the head when completely sober?  I'm actually giving Dyche the benefit of assuming ale was involved in order to act like David Brent. 

"Of course there was ale involved" Again just speculation...but if he had had a beer then was it contributary to what it's "understood" he did? Seems to like a pint so you'd think he can handle it.

"Down time" = alcohol?

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

A gag that went wrong? - the captains took the manager outside to pull him up.  

Again with embellishing the story, report says Tarkowski (just him, not "captains") took him "to one side," not outside, which has different connotations.

If you want to swallow the whole story as written then go for it (general point, not just directed at Haf), and if you want to make it worse for whatever motive then fill yer boots...but does it not occur to you that if there was more to it the fail would've been all over it? 

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"Of course there was ale involved" Again just speculation...but if he had had a beer then was it contributary to what it's "understood" he did? Seems to like a pint so you'd think he can handle it.

"Down time" = alcohol?

Again with embellishing the story, report says Tarkowski (just him, not "captains") took him "to one side," not outside, which has different connotations.

If you want to swallow the whole story as written then go for it (general point, not just directed at Haf), and if you want to make it worse for whatever motive then fill yer boots...but does it not occur to you that if there was more to it the fail would've been all over it? 

So you actually believe the mail when it suits you. 

42 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

you can see in just this forum alone - how a 30-40 word article has be dragged accross the coals, sensationalised and blow out of any sort of proportion, and now there are tens if not hurdreds of thousands of words written about an incident but that in realliy 99.99% have no fucking clue about any details, peoples intent etc as they where not privy to it first hand - the vast majoiryt is conjector to suit any individuals own narratives.

There was an uncomfortable or embarresing (word used in the original article) 'incident' and even in the souce article its sound like I was simply dealt with fairly qucikly like mature grown up. A senior Player appear comfortable in approaching the boss to call him out about it (in original article) and the boss apologies for it (in the original article).

A sign off the times and perhaps subtle difference in the expectations and banter (for want of a better word) of different generations.

I am sure everybody will learn from the incident, and that all you can resonably expect from people.

Your right 99.99% don’t know what happened but the whole squad do know and it’s not so easily forgotten 

33 minutes ago, patto said:

Your right 99.99% don’t know what happened but the whole squad do know and it’s not so easily forgotten 

unless they act like grown ups, accept an apology and put it behind them and simply get on with the rest of their lives. There are much more pressing issues to be worrying about that 'Dychegate' at this club and on life in general.

Give Dyche a spin on his own naughty boys 'wheel of fortune' as punishment for being a bit of a knob - and underline the whole thing.