IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

8 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

That's such a stereotypical picture of the English abroad: black socks with shorts. :) You can tell the English holidaying in America by that dressing habit alone - along with eating pizza with a knife and fork. All that's missing is the knotted hankie on his head.

I don't know a single English person that eats pizza with a knife and fork, and it's not a trait I've ever heard is typical of us.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I’m not seeing anyone on here calling for his head in the way we have with other managers. I’ve seen 3-4 very concerned with our situation including myself, the lack of a win in nearly 4 months 6 points in 11-12 games isn’t good enough, if the next 10 games mirror the last 10 then we more than likely be relegated.

What really concerns me is that tactically Dyche sends out where injuries permitting the same team in the same formation, then when he needs to make substitutions he replaces players like for like, which usually ends up with no more impact then before he made the change. 
I know there have been lots of people calling for his head now in other mediums, whether they are right or wrong is neither here nor there, there is no right or wrong it’s all about the situation the club finds it’s self in, and how far they dare to go before they pull the plug on his reign, and anything until then is all about opinions. 
Trying to be a thinking Evertonian, I wouldn’t be prepared to give him more than 3 of our remaining games to change things around, if in those 3 games we haven’t amassed more than 2 points then he has to go, and I would expect the club to feel the same way. 
If there wasn’t a right manager to take over we will have to get Woan and Stone to take over, but we can’t do nothing to change things and try to avoid relegation, hopefully none of this will be required and we get 3-4 points in the next 3 games. 
But what we can’t do is walk blindly into relegation, because we believe he deserves to be here after what he’s had to contend with, and completely ignore our form of the last 12 games as if it doesn’t matter. 

So you’re an advocate of change for changes sake then?

Who do you think should be in the side that isn’t?

What tactics/formations do you think we should be trying?

IMHO our threadbare squad doesn’t afford the manager many options even when everyone is fully fit, and it’s been a while since we could say that

Let’s face it if we go down this season it’s because we have been kicked out of the league not because we have been relegated or because of Dyche

If we go with your plan and sack Dyche, then who do we bring in and who replaces the new manager next year ?

You're complaining about Dyche trying the same thing over and over again yet pleading with the club to do the same thing over and over again 🤷🏻‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The bottom line right now: We're not being outplayed; we're being outscored.

The bottom line is regardless of how we’ve played we haven’t won in nearly 4 months or 12 games in the league with a return of 6 points, and our defence is in the top 7. 
I get what you are saying, but fail to see the positives in that, when you look at how long that’s been going on, and the situation it’s led us into. 
I equate that to a sales rep who’s selling Photo Copier’s, who after 4 months on the road returns back to office and is dragged into to the sales manager’s office for achieving one of the worst sales records in the company’s history, when asked to explain why his sales were so poor, he retorts “ my sales pitch was excellent you would have been proud of me, my problem was I didn’t know how to close the sales. 
Steve am I right in thinking you are in sales of some sort, I hope it isn’t Photo Copier’s and if it is I apologise, it was pure chance that I chose Copier’s 😄

Where does this nearly 4 months keep coming from? last win was 2 months ago in FA Cup win (17th Jan), and less than 3 months (16th Dec) since league (not that 2 or 3 months are ideal).  That's a healthy 33% exaggeration.  

also 11 games in the league and not 12. 11's bad enough without sneaking in an extra one!!! 

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The bottom line is regardless of how we’ve played we haven’t won in nearly 4 months or 12 games in the league with a return of 6 points, and our defence is in the top 7. 
I get what you are saying, but fail to see the positives in that, when you look at how long that’s been going on, and the situation it’s led us into. 
I equate that to a sales rep who’s selling Photo Copier’s, who after 4 months on the road returns back to office and is dragged into to the sales manager’s office for achieving one of the worst sales records in the company’s history, when asked to explain why his sales were so poor, he retorts “ my sales pitch was excellent you would have been proud of me, my problem was I didn’t know how to close the sales. 
Steve am I right in thinking you are in sales of some sort, I hope it isn’t Photo Copier’s and if it is I apologise, it was pure chance that I chose Copier’s 😄

Or maybe the sales rep could say that everything was going great and he actually sold loads of them but then the government moved the goal posts and said nobody was allowed to buy his photocopiers so had to return them

That lead to a drop in confidence in the market and it was difficult to sell anymore even though a couple of sales were later allowed to go through

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

Where does this nearly 4 months keep coming from? last win was 2 months ago in FA Cup win (17th Jan), and less than 3 months (16th Dec) since league (not that 2 or 3 months are ideal).  That's a healthy 33% exaggeration.  

also 11 games in the league and not 12. 11's bad enough without sneaking in an extra one!!! 

Because if you put it in terms of games then it doesn’t go with the narrative they are trying to push out

20 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So you’re an advocate of change for changes sake then?

Who do you think should be in the side that isn’t?

What tactics/formations do you think we should be trying?

IMHO our threadbare squad doesn’t afford the manager many options even when everyone is fully fit, and it’s been a while since we could say that

Let’s face it if we go down this season it’s because we have been kicked out of the league not because we have been relegated or because of Dyche

If we go with your plan and sack Dyche, then who do we bring in and who replaces the new manager next year ?

You're complaining about Dyche trying the same thing over and over again yet pleading with the club to do the same thing over and over again 🤷🏻‍♂️

No I’m not an advocate of change just for the sake of it, I believe in change when what’s happening isn’t working and we have a real chance of going down, and are currently possibly in the worst run in our modern history, like I said I would give him 3 more games and if results don’t improve show him the door. 
I would try a 442 or a 352 the system we are playing now isn’t getting the desired results, even though we look good in spells and creating plenty of chances, we aren’t scoring and we aren’t getting enough points to move away from danger. 
I would have dropped Godfrey for Patterson, I would drop Harrison and put Garner on the right I would put Gomes in the middle with Onana, I would drop McNeil for Dobbin, and I would drop Doucoure and play 2 forwards upfront, and insist that both wide men stay wide concentrate on crosses into the box. 
 Don’t say things can’t be changed in personnel or systems just because he chooses not to try anything different, due to our last 12 games that is a red light for me, that he doesn’t try to tactically try to change the outcome. 
At this moment in time we aren’t in a relegation spot and have everything to play for, if we go down from the position we are in at this moment in time, and Dyche has ploughed on with the same system and the same players injuries permitting, you are not going to old him in anyway responsible, and you don’t want the club to try and change the outcome if Dyche is incapable of turning things around. 
As I said in a previous post, if he gets sacked and the club haven’t made provisions for a new manager, then I would expect Woan and Stone to stay on and hopefully turn the tide. 

13 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I did say in the league, I did know we have had one win in the FA cup in the last 13 games, but that win isn’t going to change our league position. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't know a single English person that eats pizza with a knife and fork, and it's not a trait I've ever heard is typical of us.

I do if the pizza isn't structurally sound

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

You try eating a hot and runny Calzone Pizza with out a knife and fork, and I’ll show you a dinner with third degree burns 🥵 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mea culpa.

In my defence my early experience with pizza was in Pizza Express in Wimbledon Village in the late seventies, was a fairly new import...and everything is posh in Wimbledon Village anyway. 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

I do if the pizza isn't structurally sound

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Mea culpa.

In my defence my early experience with pizza was in Pizza Express in Wimbledon Village in the late seventies, was a fairly new import...and everything is posh in Wimbledon Village anyway. 

Freaks. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

No I’m not an advocate of change just for the sake of it, I believe in change when what’s happening isn’t working and we have a real chance of going down, and are currently possibly in the worst run in our modern history, like I said I would give him 3 more games and if results don’t improve show him the door. 
I would try a 442 or a 352 the system we are playing now isn’t getting the desired results, even though we look good in spells and creating plenty of chances, we aren’t scoring and we aren’t getting enough points to move away from danger. 
I would have dropped Godfrey for Patterson, I would drop Harrison and put Garner on the right I would put Gomes in the middle with Onana, I would drop McNeil for Dobbin, and I would drop Doucoure and play 2 forwards upfront, and insist that both wide men stay wide concentrate on crosses into the box. 
 Don’t say things can’t be changed in personnel or systems just because he chooses not to try anything different, due to our last 12 games that is a red light for me, that he doesn’t try to tactically try to change the outcome. 
At this moment in time we aren’t in a relegation spot and have everything to play for, if we go down from the position we are in at this moment in time, and Dyche has ploughed on with the same system and the same players injuries permitting, you are not going to old him in anyway responsible, and you don’t want the club to try and change the outcome if Dyche is incapable of turning things around. 
As I said in a previous post, if he gets sacked and the club haven’t made provisions for a new manager, then I would expect Woan and Stone to stay on and hopefully turn the tide. 

OK, can you show the line ups for 442 and 352? I'm curious. 

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well yes but how are expected to eat a thin pizza that can't hold its own weight? Hands are first choice but not always possible 

Slight fold on the crust with the right hand, anything that’s falling to be held up with the left hand until it’s in your mouth. I’ve been teaching my daughter this technique. She’s 3, you have no excuse. 
Pizza really isn’t complicated. 😂

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

OK, can you show the line ups for 442 and 352? I'm curious. 

442 would be my formation of choice to try and change  our current run of results, my team would be. 

Pickford. 
Patterson/Colemam. Tarks. Branthwaite. Myko. 
Garner. Onana. Gomes. Danjuma/ Dobbin/ McNeil. 
Beto. DCL/ Chimitti. 

The first players name in any position that shows more than one player would be the players I would ideally like to start. If these players weren’t available then I would choose the next player. 

352 I would go with. 

Pickford. 
Coleman. Tarks. Branthwaite. 
Garner. Gana. Gomes. Onana. Myko. 
Beto. DCL/Chimitti

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He has tried 442 with DCL and Beto and it didn’t work

352 has never worked for us

How many managers have looked at Patterson and yet none have trusted him, why do you think that is?

Fun fact, Gomes has pretty much played in every game he has been available for and is clearly a player Dyche likes, he’s just never been fit

Are you saying Dobbin should start because you’ve actually watched him this season or is it just because he’s young? I’ve watched a fair bit of him for U21’s and he isn’t pulling up any trees

Woan and Stone are his trusted lieutenants that have worked with him for years and are obviously both onboard with his tactics and neither have any managerial experience so even if they agreed to stay on what makes you think they would do any different?

Do you even acknowledge any of the reasons why the results have fallen off a cliff or do you think it’s all on Dyche?

Any new manager would be operating under the same restrictions/circumstances and we are already in a financial headlock due to PSR so would there be any money for a new manager to bring in new players after we have paid off Dyche and his staff?

Presumably we would also need to set money aside to pay off the new manager and his new staff when we sack them in 12 months time? 

48 minutes ago, StevO said:

Slight fold on the crust with the right hand, anything that’s falling to be held up with the left hand until it’s in your mouth. I’ve been teaching my daughter this technique. She’s 3, you have no excuse. 
Pizza really isn’t complicated. 😂

I've had and made some very thin pizza's, there sometimes no other choice!

23 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He has tried 442 with DCL and Beto and it didn’t work

352 has never worked for us

How many managers have looked at Patterson and yet none have trusted him, why do you think that is?

Fun fact, Gomes has pretty much played in every game he has been available for and is clearly a player Dyche likes, he’s just never been fit

Are you saying Dobbin should start because you’ve actually watched him this season or is it just because he’s young? I’ve watched a fair bit of him for U21’s and he isn’t pulling up any trees

Woan and Stone are his trusted lieutenants that have worked with him for years and are obviously both onboard with his tactics and neither have any managerial experience so even if they agreed to stay on what makes you think they would do any different?

Do you even acknowledge any of the reasons why the results have fallen off a cliff or do you think it’s all on Dyche?

Any new manager would be operating under the same restrictions/circumstances and we are already in a financial headlock due to PSR so would there be any money for a new manager to bring in new players after we have paid off Dyche and his staff?

Presumably we would also need to set money aside to pay off the new manager and his new staff when we sack them in 12 months time? 

I’ve said I would give him 3 games to turn it around, how many would you give him to turn it round, or would you give him the whole 10 remaining and accept relegation if it happens. 
I’m trying to think of solutions and options available to try and change this dreadful run we are on, even if that means Dyche has to be sacked at some point for the good of the club. 
We have to use everything in our power to fight for lives if we want to be playing in the PL next season, and no one is bigger than the club, not even Dyche. 
 I’m not even considering next season at this point in time, and how much money Dyche or any manager will have to spend, I’m more concerned with us staying up this season. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I did say in the league, I did know we have had one win in the FA cup in the last 13 games, but that win isn’t going to change our league position. 

so are you counting the FA cup draw (against Palace) but not the FA cup win against them in your 12 games? or including EFL cup?

otherwise ifs just league games then it's 11 games and not 12 since last win againt Burnley just less that 3months ago. 

just numbers (months and number of league games) you are saying originally are both incorrect. 

the numbers are bad enough without need to over embellishing.  

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

so are you counting the FA cup draw (against Palace) but not the FA cup win against them in your 12 games? or including EFL cup?

otherwise ifs just league games then it's 11 games and not 12 since last win againt Burnley just less that 3months ago. 

just numbers (months and number of league games) you are saying originally are both incorrect. 

It is bad but it sounds like you’re a lot happier that we haven’t won in 11 league games in a row than 12, crack a bottle of champagne open Rob that’s got to be worth celebrating 🎉 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve said I would give him 3 games to turn it around, how many would you give him to turn it round, or would you give him the whole 10 remaining and accept relegation if it happens. 
I’m trying to think of solutions and options available to try and change this dreadful run we are on, even if that means Dyche has to be sacked at some point for the good of the club. 
We have to use everything in our power to fight for lives if we want to be playing in the PL next season, and no one is bigger than the club, not even Dyche. 
 I’m not even considering next season at this point in time, and how much money Dyche or any manager will have to spend, I’m more concerned with us staying up this season. 

I totally get your frustration, we all feel the same, but yes I honestly would give him the rest of the season and all of next season even if we go down

We can’t just keep sacking managers every 12 months at some point we have to just bite the bullet and give a manager time and I think we are way beyond that point 

I’ve seen enough improvements under him already despite the unparalleled turbulent conditions he is being forced to operate under to suggest he is the right man for the job

Once the club is back on an even keel, which isn’t going to happen until we have started to reap the benefits of the additional income that BMD will hopefully bring in then we can revisit the managerial situation

If Dyche proves he can evolve then great if not then we can look at other options

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It is bad but it sounds like you’re a lot happier that we haven’t won in 11 league games in a row than 12, crack a bottle of champagne open Rob that’s got to be worth celebrating 🎉 

not really, I said 11 games and 3 month is plenty bad enough, and no need to be stretching the truth.

If your going to quote some facts, may as well quote the correct ones rather than strech them all a bit. Otherwise it just gets silly. 

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I totally get your frustration, we all feel the same, but yes I honestly would give him the rest of the season and all of next season even if we go down

We can’t just keep sacking managers every 12 months at some point we have to just bite the bullet and give a manager time and I think we are way beyond that point 

I’ve seen enough improvements under him already despite the unparalleled turbulent conditions he is being forced to operate under to suggest he is the right man for the job

Once the club is back on an even keel, which isn’t going to happen until we have started to reap the benefits of the additional income that BMD will hopefully bring in then we can revisit the managerial situation

If Dyche proves he can evolve then great if not then we can look at other options

I respect your opinion Dunc and most of what you say makes sense, but I can’t accept that we go down without trying every option available to us. 
To be honest 18 months ago I genuinely thought that going down would help us to reset and move forward, but now I think it would be catastrophic for us financially and send us into a position that could take us some years to recover from. 

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

not really, I said 11 games and 3 month is plenty bad enough, and no need to be stretching the truth.

If your going to quote some facts, may as well quote the correct ones rather than strech them all a bit. Otherwise it just gets silly. 

Maybe I got my facts slightly wrong on the 12 games without a win in the league instead of the actually 11, I should have checked the nearly 4 months, but took someone else’s post yesterday as gospel when they posted nearly 4 months. Enjoy the Champagne 🍾 mate. 

51 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

If you’re going to quote some facts, may as well quote the correct ones rather than strech them all a bit. Otherwise it just gets silly. 

When you fact checked me Rob, you didn’t mention that we have only managed 5 points in the last 11 league games in stead of the 6 I said in the last 11-12 games. 
I get why you didn’t mention that because if we are going to split hairs 5 points puts Dyche in a poorer position, obviously 6 points in 12 would be more favourable than 5 points in 11 although both are unacceptable. 
Put the cork back in the bottle Rob the celebration 🎉 is over. 
I have mistakenly thought the home game against Fulham was a league game hence the 12 and 6 points. 

I didn't need to 'fact' check you. If you care to look back, Mike had already correct the person who's 4 months you said you chose to jumped on (you must have simply missed or not fancied the corrected numbers). Hence, my original.comment of 'where does this 4 month keep coming from'? 

The 11 game league running is just the ever increasing running total of league games that everybody is taking about, so know the weekly tally without checking. West ham game was 10th game, simply hoping there won't be a 12th.

In fact, if we beat Bournmouth, I might just have that champagne you keep going on about, youv'e given be the taste. Something actually worth celebrating 🍾. (as I feel an away win there would be the catalyst to kick us on for the run in)

note- fair do's to you for you going back and finding out even more of the number you quoted where also wrong in the end. Although, ideally it's best to check the facts you are using at the beginning, as there's a risk of you getting a bit snotty or sensetive if someone pulled you up on any errors.

Unbelievable.....  it's almost like arguing over whether our board was really getting paid as much as reported and were actually competent. Which we knew was 1. Too much 2. No they were fkn awful liars who some of our fabs excused cos they were "blues"

Incredible how some can be on the wrong side of history when it comes to matters of "just how shit do things need to be till we act like kopites".

It's been shit for years folks.... mainly cos you believed liars who ran the club, liars who cancelled agms, liars who blamed fans for headlocks and made out they could attend matches.

11 matches without a win... be 3.5 months without a premier league win if we fail against Bournemouth. 

You've had good times 

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Unbelievable.....  it's almost like arguing over whether our board was really getting paid as much as reported and were actually competent. Which we knew was 1. Too much 2. No they were fkn awful liars who some of our fabs excused cos they were "blues"

Incredible how some can be on the wrong side of history when it comes to matters of "just how shit do things need to be till we act like kopites".

It's been shit for years folks.... mainly cos you believed liars who ran the club, liars who cancelled agms, liars who blamed fans for headlocks and made out they could attend matches.

11 matches without a win... be 3.5 months without a premier league win if we fail against Bournemouth. 

You've had good times 

I thought you were all talking about Dyche? And a little bit about pizza. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Are you denying we haven’t won in 53 games and 18 months?

Palfy: raise you 10 games and 2 months.