IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

unless they act like grown ups, accept an apology and put it behind them and simply get on with the rest of their lives. There are much more pressing issues to be worrying about that 'Dychegate' at this club and on life in general.

Give Dyche a spin on his own naughty boys 'wheel of fortune' as punishment for being a bit of a knob - and underline the whole thing.  

It will be interesting to see what happens especially with his next press interview for the Bournemouth game he will be asked about it. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Yeah, does that make it not a gag that went wrong? 

Maybe telling an Englishman Irishman and a Scotsman joke is a gag that would go wrong in todays climate.

I'm yet to be convinced how someone supposedly versed in people management thinks slapping someone on the back of the head is ok. 

If someone thinks it's ok / my challenge is to slap 3 people on the head today and let me know how it goes. 

It's not difficult to establish where this is at:-

1. Dyche slapped a played in the back of the head in front of teammates and in a public place

2. player was clearly upset and it required senior player to intervene 

3. manager realised he needed to apologise

between all 3 facts there is a degree of what people deem as acceptable banter. 

my conclusion is dyche would not have done that to a player he held in higher regard/respect. Bullying type mentality 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Well you are stating the mail regarding Tarks speaking to the manager when Haf said Coleman and Tarks spoke to Dyche. 

Yup. Comparing what the fail said to what Haf said and pointing out the difference, no mention at all of what I believe (or don't):huh:

Anyone else play Chinese Whispers as a kid?

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

1. Dyche slapped a played in the back of the head in front of teammates and in a public place

my conclusion is dyche would not have done that to a player he held in higher regard/respect. Bullying type mentality 

"Facts" courtesy of unsubstantiated fail story.

Why are we even talking about this?

He's a bully who should be charged with ABH apparently, all on the say so of Matt Hughes.

Fail has a video on its site now which says that Dyche left the table with Patterson, no mention of Tarkowski at all....so the "facts" that people are drawing their own "facts" from are not only uncorroborated, they're contradictory.

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He's a bully who should be charged with ABH apparently, all on the say so of Matt Hughes.

Fail has a video on its site now which says that Dyche left the table with Patterson, no mention of Tarkowski at all....so the "facts" that people are drawing their own "facts" from are not only uncorroborated, they're contradictory.

What does it matter that he left the table with Patterson ?

54 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Such a reputable news source, so fact-based and focused on the important things in life.

rVzspkK.png

PiJw7cR.png

Hz4HVTJ.png

kd7xjp0.png

You should look at the Daily Mail Cancer fact checks too, it's disgusting.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

What's the definition of 'fact'?

Agenda? Haha, The irony isn't lost on me..... the end of a long, incompetent, trophyless decline culminated in our board led by a chairman who a few on here blindly trusted - ended essentially due to false allegations of a headlock by a fan on our CEO. All put out there by his most trusted spin doctor. 

it was of course met with silence by the usual apologists who previously quibbled over the facts of whether indeed our board were well paid as much as reported. Allegedly ingles was indeed a solid cfo, DBB worked here way up to being little miss dynamite - all hired by the bloke they blindly supported despite a history of lies.

yet here we are disputing the severity of a slap from a manager to a player.  Maybe Nathan may feel that he can no longer attend games for fear of his safety.

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

You believed a bloke who told lies for the best part of 20 years Mike and overseen the destruction of our club.  

On 15/03/2024 at 19:59, Hafnia said:

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

yet here we are disputing the severity of a slap from a manager to a player.

Yes, because you raised it.

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Yes, because you raised it.

By posting the article isn't disputing it..... there isn't anything to dispute unless the club come out and deny it happened. Thats on them to do. 

what is being disputed is the old "just a bit of banter" vs "anyone who slaps the back of a persons head is a prick" 

54 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not really, highlighting that one of us has some form for correctly not believing lies vs falling for them. 😗

Conversation about tabloid press credibility and you bring it round to Kenwright and it's not deflection?

"Deflection is often used in arguments as a way to shift focus away from oneself and onto another person or issue. People commonly divert the pressure from themselves by changing the subject, pointing out someone else’s flaws or presenting unrelated information to distract from the main issue at hand."

Like I said, textbook.

As an aside, I do/did have a different opinion of Bill to you, but I'd be very interested if you could find an example of me "falling for" his lies. I'm here all day.

19 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You believed a bloke who told lies for the best part of 20 years Mike and overseen the destruction of our club.  

Haf, I’ve not commented on this since I posted the Mail alleged story, and until I see proper evidence I will take it with a large degree of not believing it, what I don’t really understand is why you are happy to believe the alleged story from a tabloid know for generating shite for the sake of it, yet are hyper critical of many on here who took what came out of the club under BK in good faith.

Are they not the same thing?

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Conversation about tabloid press credibility and you bring it round to Kenwright and it's not deflection?

"Deflection is often used in arguments as a way to shift focus away from oneself and onto another person or issue. People commonly divert the pressure from themselves by changing the subject, pointing out someone else’s flaws or presenting unrelated information to distract from the main issue at hand."

Like I said, textbook.

As an aside, I do/did have a different opinion of Bill to you, but I'd be very interested if you could find an example of me "falling for" his lies. I'm here all day.

Haha! Seriously Mike?  You and Dunc were the biggest bill apologists on here...... didn't you say he never took a salary from the club???  Happy to do archive searches. 

won't be too difficult to at least work backwards from lie to comments - I noticed you were very quiet about headlock gate.   

5 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Haf, I’ve not commented on this since I posted the Mail alleged story, and until I see proper evidence I will take it with a large degree of not believing it, what I don’t really understand is why you are happy to believe the alleged story from a tabloid know for generating shite for the sake of it, yet are hyper critical of many on here who took what came out of the club under BK in good faith.

Are they not the same thing?

I'm happy to believe the alleged story because Joe Thomas from the echo confirmed it did happen. 

if people on here believed a person who lied about:-

* fortress fund money 

* kings dock money ring ended

* the reason to move to Kirby was a failed safety certificate - we needed to move there...

* Rooney apparently wanting to leave when kenwright actively tried to sell him to Chelsea before the euros - only when he found out did he take charge and demand move to United

* Phillip Green being a friend to Everton when in fact he loaned the money through a proxy - see other operating costs 

* last but not least him belittling and smearing fans who protested against the board that overseen us breaching psr. 

Thats just a handful from over many years.  He was incapable of running the club as much as he was telling the truth.   Extremely charismatic and sadly for us - charismatic enough to fool a good few. 

46 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'm happy to believe the alleged story because Joe Thomas from the echo confirmed it did happen. 

No one is saying the incident didn’t happen, only that it’s been blown up into something bigger than it actually is.

The original article basically says that itself once you get past the clickbait headline, and Joe Thomas’ article downplays it as well.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No one is saying the incident didn’t happen, only that it’s been blown up into something bigger than it actually is.

The original article basically says that itself once you get past the clickbait headline, and Joe Thomas’ article downplays it as well.

I do agree that the press sensationalise when ever given the opportunity, after all the game is selling papers. So your view is he did slap him around the head in a light hearted manner. 
In your view it wasn’t forceful accidentally or otherwise, and that it didn’t revoke a reaction from some of his teammates that led to a verbal confrontation, and that he then had to be led away from the room by a player or players to defuse the situation, and then on his return he made a an apology to Patterson and the players for his actions. 
To be honest we may never find out what did or didn’t happen for sometime, but I hope the press aren’t dissuaded from answering the questions and delving into what happened on that night, on the next pre match interviews, because I for one believe if true this could have deeper implications for the team, in away that players generally have a far deeper bond with each other than the manager, they do a lot together as friends away from the club and create really tight bonds, they usually respect their manager and that respect means they do as they are asked and give their all, once a manager loses the respect of his players then bigger problems normally occur over time. 
For me I’m more concerned about the club the team than I am about Dyche, and I would hope that if something unsavoury occurred the club would have the guts to do something about it before it affects the team in other ways, but then I look at our club as a rudderless ship just drifting from one disaster to another, which makes me think if it did happen there is no one at the helm to make the decisions that need making. 
As you said Rom something happened, and the silence around the club, the manager, and the players, not to deny the reports sometimes speaks volumes. No comment?

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I do agree that the press sensationalise when ever given the opportunity, after all the game is selling papers. So your view is he did slap him around the head in a light hearted manner. 
In your view it wasn’t forceful accidentally or otherwise, and that it didn’t revoke a reaction from some of his teammates that led to a verbal confrontation, and that he then had to be led away from the room by a player or players to defuse the situation, and then on his return he made a an apology to Patterson and the players for his actions. 
To be honest we may never find out what did or didn’t happen for sometime, but I hope the press aren’t dissuaded from answering the questions and delving into what happened on that night, on the next pre match interviews, because I for one believe if true this could have deeper implications for the team, in away that players generally have a far deeper bond with each other than the manager, they do a lot together as friends away from the club and create really tight bonds, they usually respect their manager and that respect means they do as they are asked and give their all, once a manager loses the respect of his players then bigger problems normally occur over time. 
For me I’m more concerned about the club the team than I am about Dyche, and I would hope that if something unsavoury occurred the club would have the guts to do something about it before it affects the team in other ways, but then I look at our club as a rudderless ship just drifting from one disaster to another, which makes me think if it did happen there is no one at the helm to make the decisions that need making. 
As you said Rom something happened, and the silence around the club, the manager, and the players, not to deny the reports sometimes speaks volumes. No comment?

When there's absolutely nothing to talk about, all that remains is silence. 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

When there's absolutely nothing to talk about, all that remains is silence. 

To deny the allegations is surely something to talk about. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

When there's absolutely nothing to talk about, all that remains is silence. Unless you're Palfy.

There’s always a discussion to be had, sometimes you just have to open up your mind and search for it. And seagulls still follow the trawler in the hope of finding some fish 🎣