IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

52 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Barry died of cancer mate what you wishing on me, you could have a least said Paul at least that is my name, but I do get the humour just don’t want to be Barry thank you very much 🙃

Haf’s right it would be boring if we all felt the same way about everything, there’s not many of us left who participate on the forum, and whilst I’m here I intend to have fun on here as I’m sure you and Haf do. 
But if the community or the mods don’t want people on here that voice a different opinion on some threads, then just say speaking for myself I’m not one to hang around where I’m not wanted?

Haf wants to have fun:huh:? Nah, not feeling it:unsure:

We just took a vote and decided 3-2 that people are allowed to have differing opinions, but alternative facts will be harshly policed (bringing in @London Blue as a consultant on that one).

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I know.... the irony 

I know.

I take it all sooo damn seriously, completely incapable of laughing at myself, it's a real flaw.

Get all sulky if I don't get my own way....ask my cat!

If only I could be more like "happy go lucky" Haf, always around to lighten the mood with a witty quip and his hilarious self-depracating humour. 

I'll keep striving for what I like to call "Haf-topia," but I don't expect I'll ever attain it. My therapist gives me little chance...

"To cope with feeling defective, he develops an arrogant, superior manner that hides underlying feelings of inferiority… and also unconsciously sabotages himself, setting himself up for failure or embarrassment that reinforces his sense of inferiority”

Sigh.

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I know.

I take it all sooo damn seriously, completely incapable of laughing at myself, it's a real flaw.

Get all sulky if I don't get my own way....ask my cat!

If only I could be more like "happy go lucky" Haf, always around to lighten the mood with a witty quip and his hilarious self-depracating humour. 

I'll keep striving for what I like to call "Haf-topia," but I don't expect I'll ever attain it. My therapist gives me little chance...

"To cope with feeling defective, he develops an arrogant, superior manner that hides underlying feelings of inferiority… and also unconsciously sabotages himself, setting himself up for failure or embarrassment that reinforces his sense of inferiority”

Sigh.

Mike get off your high horse. You like to think you come across all jovial and humerous.  Thats the irony 

I can be grumpy, I can be a pain in the arse.... I can be a know all.  The only difference between us  is I know it. 

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Mike get off your high horse. You like to think you come across all jovial and humerous.  Thats the irony 

I can be grumpy, I can be a pain in the arse.... I can be a know all.  The only difference between us  is I know it. 

Actually there's absolutely no irony involved at all, you just prove again how little you know me.

I am jovial, I don't "like to think" anything about myself, I'm just myself. I'm already living on extra time, nothing to be gained by taking anything too seriously.

When it comes to serious stuff then sure, I can be grumpy and of course I know it, I also know I'm never a "know-all". About anything. What's the point?

For someone who claims to be a great judge of character you really are a poor judge of character

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Actually there's absolutely no irony involved at all, you just prove again how little you know me.

I am jovial, I don't "like to think" anything about myself, I'm just myself. I'm already living on extra time, nothing to be gained by taking anything too seriously.

When it comes to serious stuff then sure, I can be grumpy and of course I know it, I also know I'm never a "know-all". About anything. What's the point?

For someone who claims to be a great judge of character you really are a poor judge of character

Go and watch the game Mike. Judge of character ffs. It's a forum  we are talking about a topic that's a passion - it's likely to generate division and spikey discussion 

im a 20x nicer in real life than my forum persona. I understand how my posts look - the irony is that you don't. I'm sure you are a top person as your family history will tell. 

Been pro Dyche for his work during this tough time but that performance after a training camp has me pretty deflated.

What did we actually work on, we don’t look any more fluent in fact we looked clueless.

That performance was despicable, from everyone & whilst I truly believe our players are bang average we should be doing better.

18 minutes ago, Btay said:

Been pro Dyche for his work during this tough time but that performance after a training camp has me pretty deflated.

What did we actually work on, we don’t look any more fluent in fact we looked clueless.

That performance was despicable, from everyone & whilst I truly believe our players are bang average we should be doing better.

It's clear he's lost the dressing room.

he spouts shite that he picked up from some "how to assert your authority and make people respect you" book from Amazon.  Its David Brent bollocks.

as soon as he spouted XG he was toast.   He was basically throwing the strikers under the bus.... the chance creation wasn't great at any stage, forget XG. 

His interviews have become disingenuous, arrogant and if I'm a player I'm thinking "stfu you balloon, go and get your firefighting money elsewhere" 

Chong and Thelwell have to do something to try and change our fortunes, they can’t allow Dyche to take us limping into relegation. 
Today proved that the players aren’t fighting for him any more, the club needs to try and save it’s future to do nothing would be a dereliction of duty by those 2. 
3 weeks of sunshine training that was meant to have readdressed our problems, and we’ve come back weaker, I don’t know how we can keep showing faith in him anymore, he’s lost the battle, he has to go before he loses the war. 

I'll leave it at this..... those of you lucky enough not to remember Mike walker - he was the worst manager I've seen.  Dyche is on a par with maybe a couple of things he does a bit better but ultimately you do not have managers like this at our club 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I'll leave it at this..... those of you lucky enough not to remember Mike walker - he was the worst manager I've seen.  Dyche is on a par with maybe a couple of things he does a bit better but ultimately you do not have managers like this at our club 

He was one of the main reasons I gave up my season ticket, not the only one I grant but the football was shite and I couldn’t reconcile the fact I wasn’t happy or enjoying it enough to let it get in the way of others at the time. 
Then low and behold Royal comes in and we win the FA cup next season, I wonder if we replace Dyche if lighting will strike twice and we lift the cup next season, our last season at the Old Lady. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Go and watch the game Mike. Judge of character ffs. It's a forum  we are talking about a topic that's a passion - it's likely to generate division and spikey discussion 

im a 20x nicer in real life than my forum persona. I understand how my posts look - the irony is that you don't. I'm sure you are a top person as your family history will tell. 

This is the point, Haf. It’s not a discussion. It’s you point scoring your opinions against people to the point of looking up points from over a decade ago about different topics to show how superior you are. That’s not discussion or debate. I don’t know what it’s called, but it’s not jovial, it’s not friendly, it’s fucking hard work even as a spectator. I know for a fact from conversations with other members, it doesn’t encourage more discussion. 
Seeing one man constantly trying to point score against every and anyone that disagrees is just exhausting. 

The hardest bit to understand, Haf, is that most of your arguments are not even about your opinion. They are not about how you feel about Dyche, Pickford, Lukaku, or whoever else you don’t like, your arguments are just about you being right and everyone else being wrong. But you don’t even see it. Your opinion on the conversation at hand becomes secondary and your constant need to be the correct opinion is overwhelming. I don’t understand it, I can’t empathise or sympathise with it. I’ve avoided discussion with you for a while now as it’s just not a healthy conversation. 

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

This is the point, Haf. It’s not a discussion. It’s you point scoring your opinions against people to the point of looking up points from over a decade ago about different topics to show how superior you are. That’s not discussion or debate. I don’t know what it’s called, but it’s not jovial, it’s not friendly, it’s fucking hard work even as a spectator. I know for a fact from conversations with other members, it doesn’t encourage more discussion. 
Seeing one man constantly trying to point score against every and anyone that disagrees is just exhausting. 

The hardest bit to understand, Haf, is that most of your arguments are not even about your opinion. They are not about how you feel about Dyche, Pickford, Lukaku, or whoever else you don’t like, your arguments are just about you being right and everyone else being wrong. But you don’t even see it. Your opinion on the conversation at hand becomes secondary and your constant need to be the correct opinion is overwhelming. I don’t understand it, I can’t empathise or sympathise with it. I’ve avoided discussion with you for a while now as it’s just not a healthy conversation. 

Point scoring opinions? On behave Steve, the whole cliquey bollocks that goes on in the forum is point scoring/receipt keeping and smugness.

people just don't like being proven wrong having gone in heavy.

it's not a popularity competition - debate is fine, opinions differ, but this place is like a snidey shit fest when one or two people differ from the main.  its not about me being right - it's about how or why people choose to object. 

only today I was told my opinion on if being the worst season I can remember was wrong?! - how is that possible? It's what I think. 

fact is lots of people demonstrate the same behaviours as the people who annoy them, just too hypocritical and lacking of self awareness to see it. 

if you don't see this then it's cos you maybe are part of the issue. 

37 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

That wouldn't be difficult. And I really hope/think you are.

I don't understand why you have to have a different persona on the forum? Why not just be the 20x nicer version? Rather than the version that acts as you do? I think you're alienating people that have been 'with you' on here for years.

You've always been bullish with your opinion, sound. But I can't remember you always being so aggressive with it? I can't remember you always calling people this and that. I always thought you stood against things like that.

Now, the forum persona will probably call me this n that. But if the 20x nicer version exists, he'll take it in the context that it's intended.

Like many of you guys, I've been on this forum for years. I had a previous account (possibly just Newty...didn't use it for ages then couldn't remember my details when I came back, so creatively renamed myself 😂).

I also had a forum persona for too long. Those long running battles with MC. I was also more argumentative than I am in 'real life'. It wasn't me. I was likely frustrated in work, and used this as a kind of outlet. Hence, I pulled away for ages.

Now, whenever I feel I'm going to revert back to that persona, I go away again. Like I did recently reading this thread. When I feel that little fire burning, nah, fuck it. I'm out for a bit. That's my fault by the way. No one else's.

Plus, to be honest, I simply don't have the time to waste on here arguing over opinions 😂. Life's too short to be spending so long in such argumentative discussions that go round in circles.

So, yeah, if you're genuinely a decent bloke, then just be the 20x version 🤷‍♂️

And yeah.... just like I said on my reply to Steve - the same applies here too. 

To cut a long story short newty I see similarities with how Palfy views the forum which he has politely stated several times. 

I'm not here to fit in and if people agree with me then fine - but people can fuck off if they think they can join in for a gang up if I say that I think Lukaku is bang average or palfy thinks Gana is overrated.

seriously - the hypocrisy on here is absolutely mind boggling.   It's alright to bullishly argue with some but not others eh...... cos then the gang and the people who wanna be in the gang join in.

sad. 

34 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

That wouldn't be difficult. And I really hope/think you are.

I don't understand why you have to have a different persona on the forum? Why not just be the 20x nicer version? Rather than the version that acts as you do? I think you're alienating people that have been 'with you' on here for years.

You've always been bullish with your opinion, sound. But I can't remember you always being so aggressive with it? I can't remember you always calling people this and that. I always thought you stood against things like that.

Now, the forum persona will probably call me this n that. But if the 20x nicer version exists, he'll take it in the context that it's intended.

Like many of you guys, I've been on this forum for years. I had a previous account (possibly just Newty...didn't use it for ages then couldn't remember my details when I came back, so creatively renamed myself 😂).

I also had a forum persona for too long. Those long running battles with MC. I was also more argumentative than I am in 'real life'. It wasn't me. I was likely frustrated in work, and used this as a kind of outlet. Hence, I pulled away for ages.

Now, whenever I feel I'm going to revert back to that persona, I go away again. Like I did recently reading this thread. When I feel that little fire burning, nah, fuck it. I'm out for a bit. That's my fault by the way. No one else's.

Plus, to be honest, I simply don't have the time to waste on here arguing over opinions 😂. Life's too short to be spending so long in such argumentative discussions that go round in circles.

So, yeah, if you're genuinely a decent bloke, then just be the 20x version 🤷‍♂️

Newty I like what you said, but can I just add Haf is a decent bloke he is with me and we disagree on more things than we agree on, now some who will disagree with what I said will probably say it’s because we are out the same pod, and that’s fair enough but all I can do is try and be as honest as I can. 

42 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

And yeah.... just like I said on my reply to Steve - the same applies here too. 

To cut a long story short newty I see similarities with how Palfy views the forum which he has politely stated several times. 

I'm not here to fit in and if people agree with me then fine - but people can fuck off if they think they can join in for a gang up if I say that I think Lukaku is bang average or palfy thinks Gana is overrated.

seriously - the hypocrisy on here is absolutely mind boggling.   It's alright to bullishly argue with some but not others eh...... cos then the gang and the people who wanna be in the gang join in.

sad. 

Ah well.

Can only try to be reasonable I guess.

As you were then...👍

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Newty I like what you said, but can I just add Haf is a decent bloke he is with me and we disagree on more things than we agree on, now some who will disagree with what I said will probably say it’s because we are out the same pod, and that’s fair enough but all I can do is try and be as honest as I can. 

Yeah it is what it is.

I see what I see and know what I know. One of my few strengths is being able to read people.

At the end of the day...I ain't part of no gangs, cliques or whatever. I don't want to be. I don't need to be. Not as a fake persona on here or in actual real life.

I see what I see and that's more than enough for me.

Back to Dychey then eh...

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah it is what it is.

I see what I see and know what I know. One of my few strengths is being able to read people.

At the end of the day...I ain't part of no gangs, cliques or whatever. I don't want to be. I don't need to be. Not as a fake persona on here or in actual real life.

Yeah definitely mate the more we talk about all things Everton the better, and then maybe we will spend less time discussing each other.

Not saying I don’t want to talk about you for any other reason than talked about, I’m sure you're a very interesting 🧐 person 😂

14 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah it is what it is.

Newty.... it's a forum. People type their thoughts about a shite football club that they want to do well. 

my focus is Everton and I get annoyed at people who tolerate shite, make excuses for shite or even worse pick on easy targets at the club.

there is a pack mentality on here and there is no question of that. Only need to look at this thread.  Go against the common consensus and you are sniggered at. 

you ain't gonna get a character read on here on people.   No one would align my posts to me if they knew me.... they would based on who I rate or don't rate but not the tone.  I read some of my posts and think "prick" - but when I'm being a prick it's usually justified. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Point scoring opinions? On behave Steve, the whole cliquey bollocks that goes on in the forum is point scoring/receipt keeping and smugness.

people just don't like being proven wrong having gone in heavy.

it's not a popularity competition - debate is fine, opinions differ, but this place is like a snidey shit fest when one or two people differ from the main.  its not about me being right - it's about how or why people choose to object. 

only today I was told my opinion on if being the worst season I can remember was wrong?! - how is that possible? It's what I think. 

fact is lots of people demonstrate the same behaviours as the people who annoy them, just too hypocritical and lacking of self awareness to see it. 

if you don't see this then it's cos you maybe are part of the issue. 

I’ll ask again, is this fun for you?