IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

4 hours ago, badaids said:

If it is true, it’s unacceptable from Dyche.  Putting or raising your hands on anyone, even as a joke is band out of order.  

Regardless of who it is doing it, or the context.  What possible good could have come of it.  Clearly indicates that there are tensions in the squad, and between some players and the manager, and that it’s not just footballing reasons that Dyche doesn’t rate Patterson.  If it happened.

I think he just forgot to put on that sunblock factor 50 Palfy told about😆

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Disagree.

There are plenty of people who I could give a friendly slap to who I know would take it in the manner it's intended, doesn't everyone have mates/family/colleagues like that? But I wouldn't do it to my bank manager. 

There's not one rule fits all.

I would. She's an arse, over 50 and propably never had a man. Or a woman, for that matter.

On 16/03/2024 at 13:56, MikeO said:

Disagree.

There are plenty of people who I could give a friendly slap to who I know would take it in the manner it's intended, doesn't everyone have mates/family/colleagues like that? But I wouldn't do it to my bank manager. 

There's not one rule fits all.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then.

Context and the relationships of those involved are critical, but I’ve seen ‘friendly’ slaps many times and the always turn out badly for everyone.

My father (a bully) always thought it was hilarious to give out friendly slaps, and worse.  It wasn’t, it was always the act of a bully trying to place himself as the big man. And it never worked out. And of course if anyone tried to do the same to him, that was always a disaster too.

The last time I saw something like this, it was in a work environment a few years ago. Someone (a woman actually, and also a bully) gave a friendly slap to a junior member of the team. Turned out there were others, and led to two years of complaints and misery where I work. 

Even on the Undr The Cosh podcast, who like a bit of top bants, with hindsight admit that this behaviour is not on and you don’t know what other people’s mental health is or how they are taking it.

This behaviour never helps, is never a laugh and nearly always makes a situation worse, in my experience.

If it happened as reported, looks like it’s worked out really well for all those involved doesn’t it?

The only exception for this is the ‘I CANT BELIEVE YOUVE DONE THIS’ meme.

10 minutes ago, badaids said:

Context and the relationships of those involved are critical, but I’ve seen ‘friendly’ slaps many times and the always turn out badly for everyone.

My father (a bully) always thought it was hilarious to give out friendly slaps, and worse.  It wasn’t, it was always the act of a bully trying to place himself as the big man. And it never worked out. And of course if anyone tried to do the same to him, that was always a disaster too.

The last time I saw something like this, it was in a work environment a few years ago. Someone (a woman actually, and also a bully) gave a friendly slap to a junior member of the team. Turned out there were others, and led to two years of complaints and misery where I work. 

Even on the Undr The Cosh podcast, who like a bit of top bants, with hindsight admit that this behaviour is not on and you don’t know what other people’s mental health is or how they are taking it.

This behaviour never helps, is never a laugh and nearly always makes a situation worse, in my experience.

If it happened as reported, looks like it’s worked out really well for all those involved doesn’t it?

The only exception for this is the ‘I CANT BELIEVE YOUVE DONE THIS’ meme.

Sounds like you've had some horrible experiences, I'm sorry to read that.

A little rough and tumble in the right setting has always been a, predominantly male,  form of teasing and play. It's never affected me in the way it has you though so it's hard for me to agree that its never the right thing because I've not had an issue with it (but know bullying all to well). 

As you said, context and relationships. This is all about clicks though.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sounds like you've had some horrible experiences, I'm sorry to read that.

A little rough and tumble in the right setting has always been a, predominantly male,  form of teasing and play. It's never affected me in the way it has you though so it's hard for me to agree that its never the right thing because I've not had an issue with it (but know bullying all to well). 

As you said, context and relationships. This is all about clicks though.

Apart from my prick of an old man, I’ve been lucky and escaped this type of attention, I’m also quite big and can look after myself which helps.  But it’s an issue that I’m pretty hot on, I’ll always call it out.    I’ve seen it around me all too often and just make people and things miserable.

Lets hope this is something which has been blown out of proportion.

Just now, badaids said:

Apart from my prick of an old man, I’ve been lucky and escaped this type of attention, I’m also quite big and can look after myself which helps.  But it’s an issue that I’m pretty hot on, I’ll always call it out.    I’ve seen it around me all too often and just make people and things miserable.

Lets hope this is something which has been blown out of proportion.

Fair enough mate. Hope you've seen the  last of it all

7 hours ago, badaids said:

The only exception for this is the ‘I CANT BELIEVE YOUVE DONE THIS’  

I have never met a person who slaps a person on the back of the head as being anything other than an absolute prick. 

It's passive aggressive behaviour.  Smacking someone on the back of the head is a snide way of asserting dominance, the person is testing boundaries or letting you know they are comfortable enough to try it on.

Had a boss in work who used to do it and get his wedding ring to make contact.... absolute prick. I was early 20s - he did it to me and I lost my shit - the shock and sharp noise/impact...  6ft4 big bloke, I marched towards him like my legs didn't feel anything - pure jelly, hands felt like they weren't mine, I then stopped and walked away and told him "do not follow me" in a high pitched voice with tears in my eyes.... he started laughing and acted surprised as though I'd over reacted. 

The worst thing was there was girls about.... the stupid fucker probably thought the fact that my voice went high pitched and I was almost crying and shaking meant I was upset.   If I get like that it means my body is surging with adrenaline and things could get heavy. The man child did not have a clue.

He started to walk after me when one of the girls stopped him and said "are you stupid?!"  - she knew the signs he didn't.

Humans aren't meant to react well to their heads being hit not least the back. It's a threat.   

I hate violence, but I can't stand people who make me feel like he did. 

I’ve only just heard of this today I’ve hardly been on line and don’t read newspapers. 
some people think this is the daily mail doing it’s thing on Everton. 
well this is true and quite serious I expect Dyche to be gone in the summer you can’t go round slapping players while out on a meal. 
it was Coleman and Tarky who took Dych outside to have a word. 
it was worse than is being reported but he had to pick Patterson didn’t he the prick like a typical bully picked his mark. 

He’s always had a problem with Patterson as a player, that’s why we have seen a poor Godfrey being shoehorned as a RB, now it would appear his dislike towards Patterson has become personal, or was it always a personal problem he’s had with Patterson, and manifested itself in public after too much sun and vino. 
A bully will always show their true colours eventually, bye Dyche and drop your keys off on the way out. 
You won’t be missed your long game was shit anyway, and 5 points out of possible 33 should have been what got you the bullet, but ABH on a player is unacceptable and for that you should be dismissed and ashamed.  

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s always had a problem with Patterson as a player, that’s why we have seen a poor Godfrey being shoehorned as a RB, now it would appear his dislike towards Patterson has become personal, or was it always a personal problem he’s had with Patterson, and manifested itself in public after too much sun and vino. 
A bully will always show their true colours eventually, bye Dyche and drop your keys off on the way out. 
You won’t be missed your long game was shit anyway, and 5 points out of possible 33 should have been what got you the bullet, but ABH on a player is unacceptable and for that you should be dismissed and ashamed.  

Again, without any real conclusive evidence this is just a ridiculous stance to take.

No disrespect to you but the only people who have jumped on this are the ones who want Dyche out. Put your feelings to the side for a moment and let the facts comes out about the situation.

1 hour ago, patto said:

I’ve only just heard of this today I’ve hardly been on line and don’t read newspapers. 
well this is true and quite serious I expect Dyche to be gone in the summer you can’t go round slapping players while out on a meal. 
it was worse than is being reported but he had to pick Patterson didn’t he the prick like a typical bully picked his mark. 

So you’re telling me Dyche went to a team dinner with a pre conceived plan to slap Patterson because he identifies him as an easy target amongst the squad to exert some authority? Like, seriously?

1 hour ago, patto said:

Where did you find out the further info? 

8 minutes ago, Btay said:

So you’re telling me Dyche went to a team dinner with a pre conceived plan to slap Patterson because he identifies him as an easy target amongst the squad to exert some authority? Like, seriously?

I never said that at all I said he picked his mark. 
Dyche is lucky it never went further than it did or he would already be out on his arse. 

13 minutes ago, Btay said:

its quite clear that he didn't say that.

its not very difficult to read this clearly....

1. would dyche be ok with someone slapping him on the back of the head?

2.  Would you have expected Joe Royle, Howard Kendall, Ancellotti to slap a players head?

3. Would such slap Coleman, Tarks, Pickford on the back of the head? 

the answer to all those questions is no. Dyche is bang out of order. 

1 minute ago, patto said:

Haf you know I can’t divulge that it’s more than I dare do. 

I watched a podcast a while back where Chris long the ex Everton player said he was very bizarre in his treatment and consistency. 

I just want survival... I never got carried away with his good spell.  I see a very limited manager who needs replacing. 

11 minutes ago, Btay said:

Again, without any real conclusive evidence this is just a ridiculous stance to take.

No disrespect to you but the only people who have jumped on this are the ones who want Dyche out. Put your feelings to the side for a moment and let the facts comes out about the situation.

It maybe a ridiculous stance to take, but it’s good to provoke a reaction.

Some may believe that nothing happened and it’s all fake news, for me there’s been to much coverage and detail to say nothing happened.

You tell me when it becomes acceptable to smack someone round the back of the head and when it doesn’t?

Just now, Palfy said:

It maybe a ridiculous stance to take, but it’s good to provoke a reaction.

Some may believe that nothing happened and it’s all fake news, for me there’s been to much coverage and detail to say nothing happened.

You tell me when it becomes acceptable to smack someone round the back of the head and when it doesn’t?

Absolutely mind blowing.  For one the manager was on the ale with the team.... he's got to be the standard bearer.  Yeah fine - "have a few beers boys - been a good trip... bit of down time and get a bit merry"  - he's got to be the one who represents the tone of the night.  

my reading of the situation @patto is that dyche got carried away, and got "accidentally" heavy handed in a way that stopped the players in their tracks.... otherwise why did Tarks and Coleman feel the need to standup for their teammate. 

One way or another Dyche apologising means he knew he'd fucked up... the fact that the players needed to prompt him to do it means his status has dropped. They will not have the same respect for him now.?

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Absolutely mind blowing.  For one the manager was on the ale with the team.... he's got to be the standard bearer.  Yeah fine - "have a few beers boys - been a good trip... bit of down time and get a bit merry"  - he's got to be the one who represents the tone of the night.  

my reading of the situation @patto is that dyche got carried away, and got "accidentally" heavy handed in a way that stopped the players in their tracks.... otherwise why did Tarks and Coleman feel the need to standup for their teammate. 

One way or another Dyche apologising means he knew he'd fucked up... the fact that the players needed to prompt him to do it means his status has dropped. They will not have the same respect for him now.?

You took the words out my mouth. 
the fact he came back into the room and apologised wow he won’t be happy with that. 

3 minutes ago, patto said:

You took the words out my mouth. 
the fact he came back into the room and apologised wow he won’t be happy with that. 

In short he's toast.   He's reliant on 100% buy in and respect from the players. 

When Alex Ferguson cut Beckhams eye with a boot his response was "get that stitched up"...... the bully knew his temper would have been the end of him if he wasn't a successful manager.  For him he needed to be unapologetic even when wrong - otherwise he looks weak. 

Dyche doesn't have the credit in the bank to get away with this. Patterson by all accounts is a very popular lad with the players. The fact he's not been picked despite Godfrey being poor says it feels personal.

David Brent levels of stupidity