IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

So, hang on... You'll quote and use part of Dyches words to defend your "case" (being generous there) but you'll ignore the other bits which don't? Like where he's said there's nothing in it? 

To be honest, I'm shocked. It's so rare for you to selectively choose bits of information and you never exaggerate to try and emphasise your clearly correct point... Never seen you do it with the same sentence like, that's genuinely impressive. 

Imagine being so smug and desperate for misery in our club that you exaggerate to the point of misinformation because a Daily Fail "article" suggested the guy you've got your latest hard on for tried a prank that didn't go as expected. So desperate for it to be a big deal because you don't like the guy, when it just isn't, that you select part of a sentence and ignore the rest. Imagine being so absolutely determined to win a non-argument that you search for 10+ year old individual out of context posts as some kind of proof of your own superior agenda and then post them as if they actually carry weight in the modern day...

I'm off to Florida, this should keep me chuckling for the 2 days of travel so thanks.

I'm not sure why I need to help you out for this one but maybe your head is in Disney mode. You want our club to be a Disney fairy tale after all "nothing bad to see please, I want positivity, anyone who tells me that white is black is not welcome in my thoughts".

Sorry for pulling posts from 10 years ago where I tried to spoil the fairy tale and tell you how it would end Matt.  Some people can spot a shite culture and toxic behaviours a mile off. 

As I pointed out in the initial discussions - it was highly unlikely that an alleged slap that took place in a public place with numerous witnesses that ended in the papers could be anything other than a slap.

"Ah but it's the daily fail so it's probably bollocks" cried the "tory right wing rag" haters who usually hate any form of bullying, abuse of power etc except when it's not in their agenda. (yet are quick to call out agendas in others)

So the person who gave the slap himself confirmed it.... "ah that means everything else he says is true and it was nothing"  argues Matt. "Haf believes dyche when it suits"..........  

no Matt... haf can see the signs of an egotistical alpha male who has picked his target like a shithouse, embarrassed him in front of his mates and tried to pass off an action that took as "a joke Nathan didn't get".

if he showed nathan some respect before the incident and chose not to clip him on the head, then he wouldn't have had to maybe try and give him some respect yesterday and own the incident.  What did he do??? Gaslighted him. 

The hypocrisy is laughable.... both on this thread and dyche himself.   

have a nice trip to Disney, maybe in the magic kingdom all is good with Everton fc 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Haf have you ever worked in an all male environment ?

Just trying to get my head around why you are so determined to make something more out of this than there is

Dyche is not blaming anyone, contrary to what you may think, and nobody has claimed nothing happened

Dyche is saying it was a bit of banter that went too far/wrong

If you have spent much time in an all male environment you will know shit like this happens all the time, you say sorry and everyone moves on

But you are determined to cling on to it  and bring it up in every thread

Think I will swerve this place for the rest of the day because whoever Dyche names at RB come two O’clock you and Palfy will be all over it like a rash claiming it proves some sort of theory you have or ulterior motive Dyche has

I honestly think you will be in your element if we lose today

yeah I spent 5 years on a Texas ranch working as a cowboy Dunc.  Each day me and my fellow cowboys would wake each other up by urinating on the next person asleep and have a good old punch up, nothing too serious, just a few missing teeth here and there.  We would spend the rest of the day breaking in wild horses and then go and hunt our evening meal before having 20 pints of beer and another fight at the local saloon. Usually the fights started when some idiot jokingly slapped the back of someone's head.

Dyche hasn't said it was a joke that went too far/wrong.  That's the problem.   He said it was nothing a playful tap/joke and Nathan didn't get the joke. Gaslighting is a classic bullies tactic.....

Don't worry Dunc, I'm not calling for his p45 for this incident - I think the results on the pitch will determine that. This incident has just proven what he is as a man. Not very likeable. 

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

The irony of discussing toxic behaviour. 

I know.  Imagine the ever caring thoughtful people of toffeetalk trying to trivialise the manager raising his hand to a play "all in having a larrrffff" of course. 

Not going to Disney but then again maybe I am since you can't ever be wrong :lol:

Edit: oh and it's not alleged if he confirmed it happened. As for alpha males choosing targets to lambast and humiliate...

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

yeah I spent 5 years on a Texas ranch working as a cowboy Dunc.  Each day me and my fellow cowboys would wake each other up by urinating on the next person asleep and have a good old punch up, nothing too serious, just a few missing teeth here and there.  We would spend the rest of the day breaking in wild horses and then go and hunt our evening meal before having 20 pints of beer and another fight at the local saloon. Usually the fights started when some idiot jokingly slapped the back of someone's head.

Dyche hasn't said it was a joke that went too far/wrong.  That's the problem.   He said it was nothing a playful tap/joke and Nathan didn't get the joke. Gaslighting is a classic bullies tactic.....

Don't worry Dunc, I'm not calling for his p45 for this incident - I think the results on the pitch will determine that. This incident has just proven what he is as a man. Not very likeable. 

So no then!

38 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Was gutted when it dawned on me there is no footie today

It could have been worse, if it was a home game I can imagine you and Rom outside The old lady going where is everyone?

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Literally what is this argument you're trying to make.

That a manager needs to have every single player, staff member, supporter 100% on their side at all times? That's never going to happen. I bet there are players at City who aren't thrilled with Pep, players at Real who aren't in love with Carlo.

This whole thing is exhausting.

Most likely the ones not being selected.

Dyche bought Long, gave him ten games in the championship and then loaned him out to Fleetwood, Bolton and Northampton for the rest of his contract. Dyche unlikely to be top of his saturnalia card list in the circumstances I'd have thought.

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Most likely the ones not being selected.

Dyche bought Long, gave him ten games in the championship and then loaned him out to Fleetwood, Bolton and Northampton for the rest of his contract. Dyche unlikely to be top of his saturnalia card list in the circumstances I'd have thought.

I see what you did there!

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Agreed. Chris long who played for us was managed by Dyche at Burnley.... found him difficult and temperamental. 

Chris Long says so? Why didn’t you say so sooner! 

For fuck sake, one player doesn’t like him. Get a grip. 

You know who I find difficult and temperamental? Haf!! 😂

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Literally what is this argument you're trying to make.

That a manager needs to have every single player, staff member, supporter 100% on their side at all times? That's never going to happen. I bet there are players at City who aren't thrilled with Pep, players at Real who aren't in love with Carlo.

This whole thing is exhausting.

Joao Canceló hates Pep quite publicly. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Chris Long says so? Why didn’t you say so sooner! 

For fuck sake, one player doesn’t like him. Get a grip. 

You know who I find difficult and temperamental? Haf!! 😂

Just factual proof Steve - his opinion of course

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Just factual proof Steve - his opinion of course

Reliable proof has 11 basic building blocks:

Thorough research; Nope
Thoughtful evaluation of the quality of each source; Nope
Careful notetaking and documentation; Nope
Unbiased appraisal of the informant for each piece of information; Haha
Accurate interpretation of the information each source provides; What?
Knowledgeable placement of that information in relevant context; Nope
Skilled correlation of the details yielded by all the records; Chuckle
Creative milking of clues that point to new resources; Partial, will allow "creative milking"
Critical analysis of the evidence drawn from the sources, individually and collectively; Nope
Logical rebuttal of any and all evidence to the contrary; Absolutely nope
A written summation of the evidence that supports our conclusion—not a list of sources but a well-reasoned explanation of why we believe the body of evidence justifies our conclusion. :rofl:

🤣 Mike in 500bc. "You mean to tell me you think the earth is round just because Mattius Hughesio the local gossip said so?  He talks shite just cos his favourite shape is a sphere.  Dunno who this Pythagoras bloke is either.... he calculates the earth is round - hasn't proven anything" Picks up one of his many fiddles and plays a tune.  

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

🤣 Mike in 500bc. "You mean to tell me you think the earth is round just because Mattius Hughesio the local gossip said so?  He talks shite just cos his favourite shape is a sphere.  Dunno who this Pythagoras bloke is either.... he calculates the earth is round - hasn't proven anything" Picks up one of his many fiddles and plays a tune.  

OK, just not quite clear here, are you saying that in his opinion it's a fact, and therefore proof? Or are you saying that in your opinion what he thinks is factual, constituting proof? Or is it just that you believe it to be a fact that he feels this way?

However you stack it up, or what you choose to believe, one persons opinion is just that...not proof of anything other than proof that it's his opinion.

The analogy you give is really rather pointless, astronomy is about fact...right or wrong, truth or fallacy; Long's opinion is about opinion, and will never be more than that.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Surely we are all here because it’s fun, or are you here because it makes you miserable, what’s fun 🤣 for some may not be for others, so cheer up you miserable sod 😎

I’ve been here for close to 20 years because it’s fun. But some threads end up like this and it really stops being fun. It can feel like a chore coming here, but we’ve put the work in over the years and it’ll continue. But bickering and knit picking over things from 10-15 years ago to try to gain some sort of intellectual point scoring is not fun in my opinion. 

You personally, Palfy, will have a disagreement and laugh about it. Me and you have done that so many times, we probably disagree on more things than we agree on. 😂

When old posts about Bill Kenwright are being brought up to try to prove Haf is right about Dyche I just don’t understand it. I don’t see how anyone could enjoy coming here to do that. So when I ask if Haf is enjoying this I genuinely mean it. 

It reminds me of when I take my daughter to the soft play centre (like I will I’m about ten minutes) and there is kid pushing all the other kids over and then crying to his Mum when they don’t want to play with him anymore. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Always fun when the Chuckle Brothers are performing Barry Palf👍

Barry died of cancer mate what you wishing on me, you could have a least said Paul at least that is my name, but I do get the humour just don’t want to be Barry thank you very much 🙃

Haf’s right it would be boring if we all felt the same way about everything, there’s not many of us left who participate on the forum, and whilst I’m here I intend to have fun on here as I’m sure you and Haf do. 
But if the community or the mods don’t want people on here that voice a different opinion on some threads, then just say speaking for myself I’m not one to hang around where I’m not wanted?