IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

24 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Do you really think our squad is better than our current position in the table, considering the six points lost in arbitration?

Yes I do. 

its a poor side generally. Criminally short on pace, but the lack of technical proficiency is far less than what the players have.

for me its clear that the training isn't focusing on the passing and moving because its all about shape to defend. 

if we are going to sell the likes of Onana then we need to bring pace and power into the side on the wings. I'd sell Beto back to udinese at a £5m loss if they would take it. 

26 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Do you really think our squad is better than our current position in the table, considering the six points lost in arbitration?

No but we know our squad is awful but you have to look to the manager to get more out of them the long ball game is a disaster more often than not we lose possession. 
I’m a bit concerned Onana did his training and decided he wasn’t fit enough to play doesn’t seem right to me. 
he wasn’t happy getting pulled off the last game. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he's lost them then they wouldn't give a shit about that.

Their body language and effort levels does not scream that he's lost the players at all.

I get that a lot of our fans aren't keen on Dyche, I can't say I am either and I didn't want him in the first place, but all the bullshit shouts from some of you is fucking tiring and comes about every time we have a bad run of form. No matter the manager.

Why? Because we don't have a good squad and haven't for a long time. Hence the relegation battles.

Shut the fuck up whinging all the time and creating noise (not you personally, everyone that does it). Get on with supporting the team until the end of the season.

I’ve only criticised Dyche after suffering the last 4 months and the Portugal sham. 
regardless of what happens this next few months he just can’t be manager next season. And it’s down to Thelwell to earn his wages and make a couple of decent signings. 

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Unlikely cos Coleman and dcl are the only players that go back that far. 

I think the point is that 'we' say the same thing year after year.

When a manager is disliked, it's one of the repetitive accusations that gets made.

And it's been made year after year for....years!

I think we can all agree that as the last 4-5 years have gone on, our squad is getting smaller and worse in quality.

Whether it's Dyche or somebody else, it's gonna be a tough job for years to come. And I expect the same accusation(s) to be repeated during those years.

8 hours ago, Newty82 said:

He's come out with some weird stuff recently. I guess that's what pressure can do to you.

You don’t think or haven’t considered that he’s come out with shit like that, because clueless and incompetent of understanding or playing football which incorporates trying to keep the ball on the ground and pass it. 
Just a thought Newty, because it looks and makes more sense than “ I guess that’s what pressure can do to you “ 🤔😉

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

If he's lost them then they wouldn't give a shit about that.

Their body language and effort levels does not scream that he's lost the players at all.

I get that a lot of our fans aren't keen on Dyche, I can't say I am either and I didn't want him in the first place, but all the bullshit shouts from some of you is fucking tiring and comes about every time we have a bad run of form. No matter the manager.

Why? Because we don't have a good squad and haven't for a long time. Hence the relegation battles.

Shut the fuck up whinging all the time and creating noise (not you personally, everyone that does it). Get on with supporting the team until the end of the season.

I think you’re wrong mate the players would give a shit about the fans and the club even if they didn’t give a shit about Dyche, many many players over the years have stated how they loved the club mainly because of the fans. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Yes I do. 

its a poor side generally. Criminally short on pace, but the lack of technical proficiency is far less than what the players have.

for me its clear that the training isn't focusing on the passing and moving because its all about shape to defend. 

if we are going to sell the likes of Onana then we need to bring pace and power into the side on the wings. I'd sell Beto back to udinese at a £5m loss if they would take it. 

No one is paying anything like what we paid for Beto you’d be lucky to get 10m

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think you’re wrong mate the players would give a shit about the fans and the club even if they didn’t give a shit about Dyche, many many players over the years have stated how they loved the club mainly because of the fans. 

Funny how when other managers have 'lost' the players when we've been shite it didn't matter how much they loved the club and fans.

It's a lazy shout but I'm sure it'll appear when there's a new manager, and the manager after that. Rinse and fucking repeat.

There always has to be a dark undertone, a story. It can't simply be that we're a bit shit. Can't handle that for some reason. The manager's lost the players. The players have downed tools. The players don't care. Wah wah wah.

The issue is a lack of quality.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Funny how when other managers have 'lost' the players when we've been shite it didn't matter how much they loved the club and fans.

It's a lazy shout but I'm sure it'll appear when there's a new manager, and the manager after that. Rinse and fucking repeat.

There always has to be a dark undertone, a story. It can't simply be that we're a bit shit. Can't handle that for some reason. The manager's lost the players. The players have downed tools. The players don't care. Wah wah wah.

The issue is a lack of quality.

We may have limited quality, but we have a manager who’s making what limited quality have pretty much none existent, unless of course if you think hoofing the ball up the pitch is quality. 
Try telling Coleman, Branthwaite, DCL, Pickford, Beto, ect ect that their not playing for the badge and the fans, I think every player would tell you to get fucked. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We may have limited quality, but we have a manager who’s making what limited quality have pretty much none existent, unless of course if you think hoofing the ball up the pitch is quality. 
Try telling Coleman, Branthwaite, DCL, Pickford, Beto, ect ect that their not playing for the badge and the fans, I think every player would tell you to get fucked. 

These players would not have been able to get the results they have in the past couple of games if the manager had lost them.

That's my last on it.

The manager for me needs to be a motivator. 
coach’s are in charge of improving players. 

I don’t think the players look unmotivated. 
They look like the premier league is a step to far for most of them.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

You don’t think or haven’t considered that he’s come out with shit like that, because clueless and incompetent of understanding or playing football which incorporates trying to keep the ball on the ground and pass it. 
Just a thought Newty, because it looks and makes more sense than “ I guess that’s what pressure can do to you “ 🤔😉

No. Because I don't think he's clueless and incompetent. At all.

We've played some of the best football we've seen in years under him. Not hard to beat, but still.

He said he wanted us to play better. He wanted to be able to play better. We were playing good football.

The only reason we werent/aren't higher up the table is because we couldn't score...

HOWEVER...where he absolutely does deserve criticism, and where my view of him has dwindled, is how he has gone about the long winless streak.

I'll hold judgement until the end of the season.

I do want to see more from us. I want us to get back to how we were those first few months of the season.

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

No. Because I don't think he's clueless and incompetent. At all.

We've played some of the best football we've seen in years under him. Not hard to beat, but still.

He said he wanted us to play better. He wanted to be able to play better. We were playing good football.

The only reason we werent/aren't higher up the table is because we couldn't score...

HOWEVER...where he absolutely does deserve criticism, and where my view of him has dwindled, is how he has gone about the long winless streak.

I'll hold judgement until the end of the season.

I do want to see more from us. I want us to get back to how we were those first few months of the season.

I think I need to lower my expectations and belief’s to fit in with the shite we are being served, but I won’t because they day that I think or consider hoofing the ball up the pitch is how football in PL should be played is the day I stop being a supporter. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

I’ve only criticised Dyche after suffering the last 4 months and the Portugal sham. 
regardless of what happens this next few months he just can’t be manager next season. And it’s down to Thelwell to earn his wages and make a couple of decent signings. 

What's the "Portugal sham"?

Look at Woods when he played for Dyche at Burnley he hardly scored because of the long ball game there goals tally was very poor, now look at the same player now playing in a Forest team that are playing passing football and he’s smashing it with his goals, but all Dyche could do was play him hoofing the long ball up to him. 
And we are witnessing the same with DCL and Beto, that’s not how they played their best under other managers, even DCL said less than a week ago that we needed to have more belief instead of playing the long ball all the time, and what happened was the complete opposite. God give me strength Dyche’s destroying everything I love about Everton and the way football should be tried to be played. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Look at Woods when he played for Dyche at Burnley he hardly scored because of the long ball game there goals tally was very poor, now look at the same player now playing in a Forest team that are playing passing football and he’s smashing it with his goals, but all Dyche could do was play him hoofing the long ball up to him. 
And we are witnessing the same with DCL and Beto, that’s not how they played their best under other managers, even DCL said less than a week ago that we needed to have more belief instead of playing the long ball all the time, and what happened was the complete opposite. God give me strength Dyche’s destroying everything I love about Everton and the way football should be tried to be played. 

Very true. 

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Chris Woods' seasons at Burnley:

2017/18: 11 goals

2018/19: 13 goals

2019/20: 14 goals

2020/21: 12 goals

Chris Woods' season at Forest: 12 goals

Go on though, Palf 🙃

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Chris Woods' seasons at Burnley:

2017/18: 11 goals

2018/19: 13 goals

2019/20: 14 goals

2020/21: 12 goals

Chris Woods' season at Forest: 12 goals

Go on though, Palf 🙃

He's just shy of 1 in 2 for Forest so far this season - was 1 in 3 at Burnley. Thats a 33% uplift and he's 33 this year. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I think I need to lower my expectations and belief’s to fit in with the shite we are being served, but I won’t because they day that I think or consider hoofing the ball up the pitch is how football in PL should be played is the day I stop being a supporter. 

But my point would be we haven't played hoof ball all season. The first few months of the season we were far from hoof ball.

Or ar least, when we did, it was with a purpose.

Recently we have reverted back to mindless hoof ball. And it's been shit. Which makes his recent statement about going back to long ball vs Burnley a bit laughable.

I don't think you need to lower your expectations or beliefs. I'd love to see us playing better football too.

Let me ask...which managers in recent years have you been happy with and why?

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Fair. But to say he was "hardly scoring" at Burnley and now he's "smashing it with his goals" at Forest would be...well it just wouldn't be true.

Generally speaking I think so yeah.  The difference in a 1 in 3 and 1 in 2 player in a shit load more money.