IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3991135/dyche-on-affection-for-everton-players

It's also noticeable how much more relaxed he is in press conferences now as well - having a laugh etc. Which I think is understandable given the pressure he's been under was unimaginable.

It's why I think it was a little unfair that some people held his prickly manner against him so much. If I was him I'd have been fucking unbearable :lol:.

Have been?

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, I've had a lot of patience considering the big picture. Regardless of the bad run, he took over a squad with no morale or organisation, had it weakened, takeover chaos and points deductions, survived the previous 2 seasons by minutes and have got them to perform to a mid table level (minimum) even after the drama following the slap heard around the world. 

Is it good enough forever? Absolutely not. Is it good enough for now? Considering everything, yes. Sometimes it's been exciting, most of the time dull as fuck, out of necessity in my eyes. But yeah, all things considered, good and ugly, I think he's done very very well.

You brought the slap up not me  any other industry he would already be sacked. No

I’ll give him and the team credit for beating Liverpool but the other teams we’ve just beat aren’t we expected to beat them and the next 2 games. 

3 minutes ago, patto said:

You brought the slap up not me  any other industry he would already be sacked. No

I’ll give him and the team credit for beating Liverpool but the other teams we’ve just beat aren’t we expected to beat them and the next 2 games. 

I didn't say you had. I'm pointing out that it's a factor that also played a part in making this season harder than it needed to be. Despite that we should be sitting on 12th. 12th! Again, not good enough long term but a massive improvement on the previous 2 years despite the shit run.

No,based on the last few years, few of our remaining fixtures were "expected to win" games going on recent times. Absolutely expected to wins back in the 80s tough, just a shame we've only really got 2-3 really good players. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I didn't say you had. I'm pointing out that it's a factor that also played a part in making this season harder than it needed to be. Despite that we should be sitting on 12th. 12th! Again, not good enough long term but a massive improvement on the previous 2 years despite the shit run.

No,based on the last few years, few of our remaining fixtures were "expected to win" games going on recent times. Absolutely expected to wins back in the 80s tough, just a shame we've only really got 2-3 really good players. 

I think some good recruitment will see us ok but we can't be wasting 30m on the likes of Beto we can't be making the same mistakes every window or we will never get out of the mess we are in.

5 minutes ago, patto said:

I think some good recruitment will see us ok but we can't be wasting 30m on the likes of Beto we can't be making the same mistakes every window or we will never get out of the mess we are in.

Agree, but I don't think we'll be signing more than 2-3 more than we sell.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Agree, but I don't think we'll be signing more than 2-3 more than we sell.

We could lose some big earners so free transfers are the way to go no fees and mid wages if 4 or 5 leave I’ll be expecting about 8 in. 

3 hours ago, Gwlad said:

Having saved us twice he should definitely get next season before anyone pushes the panic button. Some solid new signings and no more points deductions would mean the coaching staff can concentrate on the playing side and I would hope we would see definite improvement. Whatever he and the players have said the off field issues must have taken their toll - they certainly have on the supporters.

I can’t see us getting some solid new signings unless the ownership changes and the new owners have the money and a way of getting it into the club without more sanctions. 
Sadly I can see us selling 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I can’t see us getting some solid new signings unless the ownership changes and the new owners have the money and a way of getting it into the club without more sanctions. 
Sadly I can see us selling 1 or 2.

I'm hoping for bargains as that is where we are, maybe some diamonds in the making or proven frees slightly past their sell by (oh, sorry Young).

Don't always have to spend silly money to get good value for money. and I don't just mean unproven youngster.

some bargains that instantly pop to mind is Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Barry, Tarks, Gana.

you have just got to keep away from your Delph type signings. 

That's the realy skill, finding the value 'players' that others maybe don't see.

I could scout a 'Gylf' type for £45m.  there's a player who seems to be doing really well, go spend loads of money on him.

Plenty of bargains come in to the Prem every season. we need to get very good at spotting these.

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I really really really really really really really hope there will be no rumours of a Moyes return. Anyway, I hear that United may need a new manager.

Now that Bills departed this life I don’t think we will hear anyone else asking for Moyes to become our next manager. 

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

He's done what he needed to do.

We'd be in 11th now without the deductions.

No one can deny that would be acceptable and 'as expected' this season.

But, like I said weeks ago, I'll give full opinion once the season has finished and we can all look at the Pros and Cons....

Newty I’ve prescribed your medication 💊 😂

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Newty I’ve prescribed your medication 💊 😂

he's been on a drip for years getting a drug called "mediocrity".   Side effects are the need to watch dvds celebrating 7th place finishes.

continued abuse can leave the recipient believing that anything other than relegation whilst watching turgid shite is a good thing. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

he's been on a drip for years getting a drug called "mediocrity".   Side effects are the need to watch dvds celebrating 7th place finishes.

continued abuse can leave the recipient believing that anything other than relegation whilst watching turgid shite is a good thing. 

Only one drip round here pal.