IGNORED

Summer news for 23/24 season - kits/friendlies/fixtures

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I feel like our best back-up option to DCL is Maupay up front with Dobbin playing around him.

I think we’ll see more of Danjuma. That was his first minutes and to be fair, he was hardly given the ball.

6 minutes? Fucking refs taking the piss! 
Why would you punish the fans with extra shit.

On Dobbin, he has the pace and potentially the dribbling to trouble teams but I don't think there is a lot of quality when he gets into those positions. He does seem to be able to help us get from front to back quite well when he has a foil to play off. 

I agree on some of the comments about Onana. He doesn't look like he should be a top earner or that he should have commanded the fee we paid but he provided a bit of drive and produced the one ball of quality in the final third all game.

On the basis of that performance, we're in for more of the same bottom of the table rubbish next season.  

We just aren't enough of a threat up top.

I feel sorry for the lad, I really do, but I just don't see what Maupay brings to the team. He's got no pace, no height, and he's never a fox-in-the-box cos his positioning is way off. Get him out please, put us all out of our misery.

We've moved on half of our defence - now putting our faith in Holgate and Keane - and still don't have realistic options for goals - hoping DCL stays fit. It's a team built on a wing and a prayer.

They had better have this shit sorted soon, cos I just can't be arsed wasting my time watching this shit!

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I feel like our best back-up option to DCL is Maupay up front with Dobbin playing around him.

That wouldn’t work in the Championship never mind the PL, you need to clear that thought from your head Bailey it destroys you mate😂

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Doucoure up-front would be better than Maupay. Dobbin will improve with Prem experience.

We have to remember that this is the best and most competitive league in the world, and that the team’s that make it up as they go along by playing players in positions they don’t play in are going to struggle. If we don’t buy players that play in the areas we require playing for and just try to cobble a team together we are going to go down, surely two seasons without genuine front man as shown us that this season could very well be third time unlucky if DCL has another injury hit season and we haven’t signed an all out striker to replace him. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

That wouldn’t work in the Championship never mind the PL, you need to clear that thought from your head Bailey it destroys you mate😂

So far in preseason it has been our best combination which highlights our problems!

They have created chances but neither of them look like taking one 🤣

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

We have to remember that this is the best and most competitive league in the world, and that the team’s that make it up as they go along by playing players in positions they don’t play in are going to struggle. If we don’t buy players that play in the areas we require playing for and just try to cobble a team together we are going to go down, surely two seasons without genuine front man as shown us that this season could very well be third time unlucky if DCL has another injury hit season and we haven’t signed an all out striker to replace him. 

I totally agree with you. More than anything, I'm highlighting just how poor an option is Maupay.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I totally agree with you. More than anything, I'm highlighting just how poor an option is Maupay.

I still don't understand why we bought Maupay and I am not a fan of his but I have some sympathy for him, and Danjuma, when he played yesterday.

Firstly, if Maupay was as bad as you suggest, we would have seen a big improvement with Danjuma on the pitch, first match or not, but he was worse. 

Secondly, I watched players like Patterson and Iwobi floating balls into the box for him to try and win against 6ft plus defenders. Likewise the midfield are playing through balls to him when he doesn't have the pace to chase them into the channels. He has no chance. It is no surprise that he improves a bit when he has someone like Dobbin around him, stretching the game, so that his movement can drag defenders in, allowing the ball over the top. That is more akin to what he had at Brighton.

If Dom doesn't stay fit and we do not get another body in to replicate his style of football, a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with Danjuma trying to play the same role because he is as equally ill suited to it. The slight saving grace for him is that he has some pace and has more 1 v 1 threat, which Maupay has none of (both counts).

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I still don't understand why we bought Maupay and I am not a fan of his but I have some sympathy for him, and Danjuma, when he played yesterday.

Firstly, if Maupay was as bad as you suggest, we would have seen a big improvement with Danjuma on the pitch, first match or not, but he was worse. 

Secondly, I watched players like Patterson and Iwobi floating balls into the box for him to try and win against 6ft plus defenders. Likewise the midfield are playing through balls to him when he doesn't have the pace to chase them into the channels. He has no chance. It is no surprise that he improves a bit when he has someone like Dobbin around him, stretching the game, so that his movement can drag defenders in, allowing the ball over the top. That is more akin to what he had at Brighton.

If Dom doesn't stay fit and we do not get another body in to replicate his style of football, a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with Danjuma trying to play the same role because he is as equally ill suited to it. The slight saving grace for him is that he has some pace and has more 1 v 1 threat, which Maupay has none of (both counts).

Bailey I’ve been saying that for months and have been shot down for it. We 100% need a striker who can play the same role as DCL, it’s been evident as a team we play to his strengths whether he’s there or not, and nothing has changed since the end of last season we still play that needs a player with the strengths of a DCL. So as I see we have two choices quickly find the man up front we desperately need which has already taken us years to try and achieve, or what might prove easier is change the manager to a manager who’s style of play doesn’t focus solely on the big man up front with run hell for leather midfielders trying to get up and support him when the balls been played long into channels. 

Guys, Maupay has had plenty of chances created for him during these friendlies. It’s his finishing that has been atrocious. 
Even the ball that Gana slid him yesterday, just hit his leg and went up in the air. 

To give a guy a chance to turn on the penalty spot is a GOOD chance! The friendly before he was slid in with the ball in front of him twice… and absolutely bodged it. 

We aren’t creative enough in any way. But we have created enough chances for him to have bagged a couple of goals easily. He is extremely poor at finishing.

I 100% believe if Danjuma would have been on the end of Maupays chances, he would have bagged a couple.

We don’t need just another carbon copy of Dom. We need a couple of players in the team that can just simply get a decent shot on target. 

Even yesterdays absolute stinker of a match created a couple of chances on the floor for Dobbin. They weren’t crosses into the box, they were chances on the floor in front of the forward ready for a shot on goal. You don’t have to he 6”+ to take those chances.

Maupay is on a par with Niasse and Cenk. Difference is he doesn't work as hard as those two did.

Did anyone see that chance the previous match that Dobbin had saved?

The one played from our own third with one touch passes that ended up with a shot on goal? That football is not accidental, it’s trained into players. But it does need time to bed in.

What about Onana’s ball yesterday? Come on, it’s the type of ball that DeBruyne gets non stop plaudits for. 

This isn’t the team rebelling on Dyche, this is them trying to play the way he is asking them to. Now add to that being able to cross into the box looking for Dom and we have a good mix of football that has a few options. It’s not one dimensional at all. 

We just don’t have players who can finish.