IGNORED

Summer news for 23/24 season - kits/friendlies/fixtures

Catch all thread for important news this summer. Kits, tour/friendlies, PL fixture release etc.

Last summer kits were released: Home July 1, Away July 18, Third August 11. 
Nothing at all on what the first team is doing for preseason tour/friendlies. Last summer we played two friendlies in the States July 16 and 20, and two in England July 24 and 29. 
PL fixtures released Thursday June 15. Season starts Saturday August 12. 

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Fulham at home to start, then Villa away and Wolves home.

Points to be had there.

As good a opening fixtures trio as you could expect. I always think its best to avoid the newly promoted sides in the first couple of weeks, so we have at least done that. They can be really tough in the first few weeks, then soften a little. 

32 minutes ago, Btay said:

As good as we could have hoped for with the fixtures however we really can't afford to waste any of these games at the start of the season. Squad needs to be sorted ASAP to start the season full throttle.

You know it's likely we won't have made a signing by the time the first game comes around.

Every season I say we should get the most important of our signings done early and then you get some of our fans saying as long as they get signed what does it matter? Blows my mind that people still can't see that it makes a difference.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You know it's likely we won't have made a signing by the time the first game comes around.

Every season I say we should get the most important of our signings done early and then you get some of our fans saying as long as they get it signed what does it matter? Blows my mind that people still can't see that it makes a difference.

I was about to say the same.  We have to avoid hamstring ourselves in very winnable opening games. On paper you would be hoping for 5-6 point at least. That's a decent percentage of our point total this past couple of years. These point do make the difference between going up or down. The January window should have taught us that you leave it till the last week or few days at your peril. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I was about to say the same.  We have to avoid hamstring ourselves in very winnable opening games. On paper you would be hoping for 5-6 point at least. That's a decent percentage of our point total this past couple of years. These point do make the difference between going up or down. The January window should have taught us that you leave it till the last week or few days at your peril.

You may say that but all of those teams will be looking at us as a game to pick up 3 points!

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You may say that but all of those teams will be looking at us as a game to pick up 3 points!

Definitely, throughout last season we lost a lot of game we feel we should have won or at least been competitive in, including Fulham and Wolves at home. If we don't improve in those sorts of games, then we are in for another long season. 

I am sure Dyche will make us a horrible team to play against if nothing else. but we have a lot to improve on since last year to make sure we are not again view by other teams as an easy 3 points!