IGNORED

Hugo Ekitike

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I get your point, but he's the owner. It's his money. He's coughed up hundreds of millions and will want to see a return on that. I'm sure he listens, but he has the right to act on instinct sometimes. He may have made expensive mistakes in the past, but in some cases it was from listening to others.

If we believe Walsh and Brand’s it was the complete opposite, he wouldn’t listen and expected people to do his bidding. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What I’m actually saying is that we have top people hired to select players and present the targets to the board to sign. 

whether he gets it right or not - this is absolutely unacceptable.  For one it could go against the strategy of what the recruitment team are actually trying to do.  Secondly - the fucker hasn’t watched an Everton game in ages let alone a PSG game - what the fuck is he playing at? We have to balance the pounds and pence and all transfers will offset the ability to do other business. 

by all accounts we have some exceptionally talented people in recruitment, Dan Purdy and co…. This is the shit that can make them walk.  He needs to back the fuck off. 

No I get what you’re saying now. I misread what you meant first time reading. 

I agree, if he is getting involved where he shouldn’t… then he 100% SHOULD have learnt his lesson.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

What I’m actually saying is that we have top people hired to select players and present the targets to the board to sign. 

whether he gets it right or not - this is absolutely unacceptable.  For one it could go against the strategy of what the recruitment team are actually trying to do.  Secondly - the fucker hasn’t watched an Everton game in ages let alone a PSG game - what the fuck is he playing at? We have to balance the pounds and pence and all transfers will offset the ability to do other business. 

by all accounts we have some exceptionally talented people in recruitment, Dan Purdy and co…. This is the shit that can make them walk.  He needs to back the fuck off. 

From a different perspective here but what if this player has been identified by the scouts, then Thewell plus Dyche agree he is a top target and Moshiri is only now getting involved (as the owner) to convince him to sign as he promised us a striker in January - instead of watching negotiations stall?

Id be surprised if Mohsiri had too much involvement. He doesn't strike me as his profile of player. 

Owners/board members do get involved in deals so if he is working within the parameters agreed with the recruitment team then that's ok. 

If he is acting on his own then that would be very worrying indeed. 

Personally, it feels like a very weird thing for someone to know. 

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I get your point, but he's the owner. It's his money. He's coughed up hundreds of millions and will want to see a return on that. I'm sure he listens, but he has the right to act on instinct sometimes. He may have made expensive mistakes in the past, but in some cases it was from listening to others.

He’s made expensive mistakes cos he hasn’t got a clue about football…. The value of his investment hinges on decisions like this being made correctly…. So whilst he has the right to fuck the club up, we also have the right to voice our concerns as to why he’s a fuckin disaster along with the other balloon who thinks he knows it all. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

From a different perspective here but what if this player has been identified by the scouts, then Thewell plus Dyche agree he is a top target and Moshiri is only now getting involved (as the owner) to convince him to sign as he promised us a striker in January - instead of watching negotiations stall?

That’s not what is happening… if what is being said is true.   He’s done this off his own back. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Id be surprised if Mohsiri had too much involvement. He doesn't strike me as his profile of player. 

Owners/board members do get involved in deals so if he is working within the parameters agreed with the recruitment team then that's ok. 

If he is acting on his own then that would be very worrying indeed. 

Personally, it feels like a very weird thing for someone to know. 

When his compatriot is called Kia Joorabjian who was behind us signing iwobi for daft money, who got el ghazi into the club then yea it is possible. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

That’s not what is happening… if what is being said is true.   He’s done this off his own back. 

I’m not sure how you can say definitively that’s not what is happening when your supporting statement starts with “if”

I get the frustration & concern but it’s hard to speculate without knowing the full story.

IF this is a player our scouting network & managment team have identified as a player they want, I have no issues with our owner getting his hands dirty, leading from the front to get said player.

IF this is Moshiri playing football manager again by himself - not good however I don’t believe we have the financial room for him to make such movements in this time. 

33 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’m not sure how you can say definitively that’s not what is happening when your supporting statement starts with “if”

I get the frustration & concern but it’s hard to speculate without knowing the full story.

IF this is a player our scouting network & managment team have identified as a player they want, I have no issues with our owner getting his hands dirty, leading from the front to get said player.

IF this is Moshiri playing football manager again by himself - not good however I don’t believe we have the financial room for him to make such movements in this time. 

If you believe that ekitike is a target. - then you can take it from the same sources that this is a moshiri driven bid. 

32 minutes ago, barryj said:

I’d be shocked if this one happens. Maybe using it as leverage for another deal. We don’t have the pulling power we had a few years ago. 

Pulling power for what

this lad has played 11 games for PSG I don’t mind if he goes elsewhere. 
if he does sign for us which I doubt I’ll hope he does well. 

14 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

I really like this kid but given that Chermiti is over the line this doesn't make sense. We have other needs that we should put whatever available resources we have left towards.

Presumably Maupay is gone shortly. Simms wasn’t the solution he might have been. DCL is constantly injured. Not a bad thing to have a couple bites of the apple. While we can’t spend now resources should start to be freed up here going forward so I don’t think it will hinder us too much.

On 12/08/2023 at 09:10, Shukes said:

I’m sure everyone knows about it, we all know about it.

thelwell should be able to look at rumoured transfer interest and smirk knowing what’s true and what is false.  

the problem is that this rumour isn’t a rumour, his boss decided to get involved in this director of footy and he likely got a call from contacts asking what’s going on! 

he’s likely to be at the end of his tether like brands before him. 

• 2 weeks later...