IGNORED

Hugo Ekitike

9 minutes ago, patto said:

Not heard a thing it all sounds too much money to me. 
bobble could be playing it down Fabs normally good. 

The money seems very unrealistic for us unless it’s structured in a way that we know the reigns will be loosened financially when the bulk of the payment is due.

56 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

He's a striker, is he not? Seems odd that we'd be going for both he and Chermiti when we have very little to spend and need to bring in at least 2 wingers.

Maybe Ekitike can cover both?

Looks slight for a premier league striker.  Like Dom when he first got here.  Could see him as one of 3 across the front, but didn't think Dyche would go that way.  But maybe something like him and Danjuma wider with Dom/Chermitti through the middle.

I heard that PSG were obligated to complete purchase this summer following loan, so they may well want him out as they look to completely restructure with Mbappe/Neymar/Messi all going or gone.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

This lad looks handy. Are we buying tall, strong, quick strikers? Two of them? Seriously, if we can actually bring in these two, and manage to get Gnonto, I’ll be shocked and maybe, just maybe, a little excited. 

Before the points deduction, relegation and selling Bramley Moore. 

Would be nice platform to build a competitive young squad having Onana, Garner, Patto, Branthwaite, McNeil + the 3 mentioned above. Not including Dobbin & Cannon as well.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Benj on twitter has said moshiri has taken it upon himself to try and get this player.   Whether he’s a top quality player or not - this is not good. Ffs, if he got this right he would likely carry on being this way. 

Would it be a bad thing if he got this right and carried on that way?

For me the club is the most important thing of all Haf. If Moshiri has learnt from his mistakes and starts making good decisions…. Then I wouldn’t bite of my own nose to spite my face.

I think I know what you’re saying, that he may get one right and then fuck everything else up. But signs at the moment are showing we’re in for the right targets. I want this to continue mate.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Would it be a bad thing if he got this right and carried on that way?

For me the club is the most important thing of all Haf. If Moshiri has learnt from his mistakes and starts making good decisions…. Then I wouldn’t bite of my own nose to spite my face.

I think I know what you’re saying, that he may get one right and then fuck everything else up. But signs at the moment are showing we’re in for the right targets. I want this to continue mate.

What I’m actually saying is that we have top people hired to select players and present the targets to the board to sign. 

whether he gets it right or not - this is absolutely unacceptable.  For one it could go against the strategy of what the recruitment team are actually trying to do.  Secondly - the fucker hasn’t watched an Everton game in ages let alone a PSG game - what the fuck is he playing at? We have to balance the pounds and pence and all transfers will offset the ability to do other business. 

by all accounts we have some exceptionally talented people in recruitment, Dan Purdy and co…. This is the shit that can make them walk.  He needs to back the fuck off. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What I’m actually saying is that we have top people hired to select players and present the targets to the board to sign. 

whether he gets it right or not - this is absolutely unacceptable.  For one it could go against the strategy of what the recruitment team are actually trying to do.  Secondly - the fucker hasn’t watched an Everton game in ages let alone a PSG game - what the fuck is he playing at? 

by all accounts we have done exceptionally talented people in recruitment, Dan Purdy and co…. This is the shit that can make them walk. 

When will he learn to just employ the right people and give them the tools to do their jobs, and then keep the fuck out of their decisions.  

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

whether he gets it right or not - this is absolutely unacceptable.  For one it could go against the strategy of what the recruitment team are actually trying to do.  Secondly - the fucker hasn’t watched an Everton game in ages let alone a PSG game - what the fuck is he playing at? We have to balance the pounds and pence and all transfers will offset the ability to do other business. 

by all accounts we have some exceptionally talented people in recruitment, Dan Purdy and co…. This is the shit that can make them walk.  He needs to back the fuck off. 

I get your point, but he's the owner. It's his money. He's coughed up hundreds of millions and will want to see a return on that. I'm sure he listens, but he has the right to act on instinct sometimes. He may have made expensive mistakes in the past, but in some cases it was from listening to others.