IGNORED

Wolves 26th August (Home)

Sibdane

With DCL more than likely out, I'm hoping Danjuma gets the start up top, although I have a feeling it will be Maupay. Wolves aren't that great, but I'm not expecting much from us. I'm holding any excitement back until matchday. 

Wolves will be around us in the table this season. I think this result will be very telling on how our season will go if the first two matches weren't already. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Awful press conference.  Mardy, arrogant, patronising. 

And we found out we missed out on Kane😂 I didn’t like the fact that he couldn’t understand the correlation between last season and the beginning of this season, of course we are concerned that we have started how we finished. Yes he is right 2 games don’t make a season but add those 2 games to his last 18-20 and we are still shite that’s what fans are concerned about  not that we are 2 games into the season without a win. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

And we found out we missed out on Kane😂 I didn’t like the fact that he couldn’t understand the correlation between last season and the beginning of this season, of course we are concerned that we have started how we finished. Yes he right 2 games don’t make a season but had those 2 games to his last 18-20 and we are still shite that’s what fans are concerned about  not that we are 2 games into the season. 

Two goals don't make a season, but a 100% defeat record also doesn't make light reading. 

I wouldn't mind, but the second game was an absolute bloodbath.

I actually thought he was better than some of last season's interviews, where he was more like a politician with his inability to give a straight answer. Yes the journos are asking stupid questions, but they are the questions most fans want answers to so you have to be seen to ask them (When is DCL back etc)

A little more empathy towards the fans wouldn't go amiss. We know you can't throw the board under the bus but you can say that you do appreciate the fans perspectives that the board room, investments, and transfer dealings are taking a long time....I've heard him comment on these things but I don't think I've heard him empathize with us.

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

A little more empathy towards the fans wouldn't go amiss. We know you can't throw the board under the bus but you can say that you do appreciate the fans perspectives that the board room, investments, and transfer dealings are taking a long time....I've heard him comment on these things but I don't think I've heard him empathize with us.

I think he's firefighting at the moment and if we can get a run going he will have more time to engage with us fans. 

• Wolves have won their last two away league games against Everton, as many as they had in their previous 16 visits to Goodison Park.

• No team has conceded more goals in the Premier League this season than Everton (5).

• Wolves are winless in their last nine Premier League away games (D2 L7), losing each of the last five while failing to score in the last four. They last lost six on the bounce on the road in December 2011, while they last failed to score in five consecutive top-flight away matches back in October 1981.

• Everton have lost both of their Premier League games so far this season without scoring a single goal. The Toffees last lost their opening three games to a league campaign in 1990-91, never doing so without scoring.

They are indeed, journalists ask leading questions that that they are unlikely to get straight answers on then pester a bit more until they get a shitty response in most cases!

He's clearly frustrated by the lack of transfer activity, must like Lampard was but knew it would be tough when he joined.  

Losing the first 2 games doesn't put us in a desperate situation, as he points out we had a lot of good chances against Fulham and played fairly well, this does expose our major issue which has been on going which is that we don't have many players that can take those chances.  Against Villa we were poor but I would have expected us to lose to them anyway with the way they have played in the back end of last season.  Emre has proven a very good signing for them and he's got them playing some good stuff.  Obviously how bad our performance in that game was the bigger issue.

With the fixture list we've been given though it certainly is vital that we pick up at least 3 points from the next 2 games at home to Wolves and away to Sheff Utd.  We were dealt a decent opening run in doing so it meant we needed to hit the ground running.  Not getting transfers complete until the end of the window and dealing with injuries could leave us in a poor position with a few 'better' fixtures gone.

--

Anyway, on to Wovles,

I'm going with a 4-4-2, actually putting Maupay in the team!

I thought he was poor when he came on against Villa but apart from his usual missed chances he didn't have a terrible game against Fulham and in a 4-4-2 where he's playing just off of Dobbin he maybe able to help create space for Dobbin.  The lack of much else in the way of options made me feel this is the best we can put out at the moment.

Pickford

Patterson     Tarks    Branthwaite    Young

Garner        Gana       Onana/Doucs     Danjuma

Dobbin         Maupay

I'm undecided between Onana and Doucoure.

Keane needs to be dropped and Branthwaite given a go.

I'd have Danjuma pushing on more and looking to cut in and support the front 2 whilst Garner sits a bit further back, also allowing Patterson to push on more.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • Wolves have won their last two away league games against Everton, as many as they had in their previous 16 visits to Goodison Park.

• No team has conceded more goals in the Premier League this season than Everton (5).

• Wolves are winless in their last nine Premier League away games (D2 L7), losing each of the last five while failing to score in the last four. They last lost six on the bounce on the road in December 2011, while they last failed to score in five consecutive top-flight away matches back in October 1981.

• Everton have lost both of their Premier League games so far this season without scoring a single goal. The Toffees last lost their opening three games to a league campaign in 1990-91, never doing so without scoring.

Didn't Villa get beat by 5 in their first game? BBC is a fucking shambles these days. 

Tough team to pick for this one but I’d be okay with 

Pickford 

Patterson   Tarks      Branthwaite    Myko

Gana       Garner     Onana* 

Dobbin              Danjuma                Young

* Possibly for Doucoure.

Myko gets a start so young can move forward & Danjuma plays central.

Transition from defence to attack will need to be quick and precise as wolves have been flooding forward.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Pickford 

* Possibly for Doucoure.

Transition from defence to attack will need to be quick and precise as wolves have been flooding forward.

Very inexperienced back 4 if I was an opposition manager I’d be very happy with the look of that team. Not knocking you everyone’s in a position where they can play, it just highlights how weak we are as a squad with about as much depth as child’s paddling pool. These first 6-7 games of the season were as most believed an easy opening to the season with an excellent opportunity to get a decent amount of points on the board, if we draw a blank against Wolves then we have well and truly entered ourselves into an early relegation battle, I know 3 games don’t make a season I thought I’d better get that in before Dyche, but lose this and we have zero points from what most would have expected to see 5-6 from in those first 3 games. This is a huge game today for so many reasons and one we can’t afford to lose. 

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Pickford 

* Possibly for Doucoure.

Nearly right

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Very inexperienced back 4 if I was an opposition manager I’d be very happy with the look of that team. Not knocking you everyone’s in a position where they can play, it just highlights how weak we are as a squad with about as much depth as child’s paddling pool. These first 6-7 games of the season were as most believed an easy opening to the season with an excellent opportunity to get a decent amount of points on the board, if we draw a blank against Wolves then we have well and truly entered ourselves into an early relegation battle, I know 3 games don’t make a season I thought I’d better get that in before Dyche, but lose this and we have zero points from what most would have expected to see 5-6 from in those first 3 games. This is a huge game today for so many reasons and one we can’t afford to lose. 

Agree mate however at the moment it is a trade off between Mykolenko or Maupay starting & I am trying to pick the lesser of 2 evils. Ideally it would be Young at LB with McNeil / Harrison / Iwobi at LM but its needs must. Branthwaite over Keane is a no brainer at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

Agree mate however at the moment it is a trade off between Mykolenko or Maupay starting & I am trying to pick the lesser of 2 evils. Ideally it would be Young at LB with McNeil / Harrison / Iwobi at LM but its needs must. Branthwaite over Keane is a no brainer at the moment.

Neither Maupay or Mykolenko start it looks like Dyche has discarded Mykolenko for no apparent reason this he’s not fit is a load of nonsense. 
just look at Mykolenko’s face behind Dyche at Villa he’s fuming. 

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

I know where you’re coming from it’s just so scary to see how poor our options are in reality, just 3 injuries and a couple of players who don’t perform so shouldn’t be picked and we look awful. Surely we should be playing Gray on the LW and Young as LB. 

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know where you’re coming from it’s just so scary to see how poor our options are in reality, just 3 injuries and a couple of players who don’t perform so shouldn’t be picked and we look awful. Surely we should be playing Gray on the LW and Young as LB. 

At the moment I don’t know what Dyche is doing. 
gray was half decent for us he’s decided Mykolenko is not good enough Godfrey isn’t good enough but both put a shift in which is what we need at this moment we have some players in the team who just don’t look interested. 

Pickford

Patterson   Tarks     Branthwaite    young 

Gana

Onana     Garner

Doucs        Danjuma     Dobbin 

That's today's team unless Dyche changes his mind and bottles it.

Edited by patto
Predictive text