IGNORED

Wolves 26th August (Home)

Sibdane

3 minutes ago, patto said:

Wish I had your confidence it’s good we’ve made a couple of changes but team still a little unbalanced. 

I'm not convinced that is the team, it sounds like it's just something that's going around.

I wouldn't be against that team at all but I'm skeptical that it's real.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not convinced that is the team, it sounds like it's just something that's going around.

I wouldn't be against that team at all but I'm skeptical that it's real.

Right from the farm believe me unless dych bottles it today which I don’t think he can afford to keep playing the same team he’s job is on the line now. 
I hope Dobbin has a good run. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

Pickford

Patterson   Tarks     Branthwaite    young 

Gana

Onana     Garner

Doucs        Danjuma     Dobbin 

That's today's team unless Dyche changes his mind and bottles it.

If Doucoure is playing RW then i will be amazed.

2 minutes ago, patto said:

Yeah that’s what I’ve been told unfortunately we don’t have many options  

I still don’t understand why he’s banished Gray  

I heard something about him being late multiple times to training & even for the bus for a game last season to the point Dyche wants him gone. My sources are not as reliable as yours it would seem but generally speaking there is no smoke without fire.

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

I heard something about him being late multiple times to training & even for the bus for a game last season to the point Dyche wants him gone. My sources are not as reliable as yours it would seem but generally speaking there is no smoke without fire.

Possible but I’ve heard nothing like that. 
I just think he takes a dislike to certain people he’s done the same to Mykolenko 

9 minutes ago, patto said:

I just think he takes a dislike to certain people he’s done the same to Mykolenko 

He did the same to Patterson last season even basically saying he felt he was no where near good enough, so when Coleman got injured he tried every possible scenario to keep Patterson out, until he had no option but to play him, and low and behold he played well and has remained in the starting 11. I do think that sometimes Dyche will cut off his own nose despite his face rather than back down on his first impression of a player, but I also like the fact that he is his own man and stands by his beliefs.  

22 minutes ago, patto said:

Mykolenko was injured most of pre season though & only just recently played 90 minutes against United in the friendly...

2 hours ago, patto said:

Pickford

Patterson   Tarks     Branthwaite    young 

Gana

Onana     Garner

Doucs        Danjuma     Dobbin 

That's today's team unless Dyche changes his mind and bottles it.

We're definitely going to lose if Pickford is playing left keeper.

9 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I’m normally optimistic we will get a result in most games, just about to leave home on our way to the ground, and I’m not feeling that optimistic which is very frightening, hope I’m wrong!

Same, I missed the opener so I should be excited. Anything but at the moment!

Think Wolves are more than capable.

Hope you guys going to game get to enjoy it. Normally I would try & get a couple of hours sleep before the game...10pm here, game is at midnight & I start work at 5:30am tomorrow (31 days in to my 35 day hitch) & I cant sleep I am that nervous.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Hope you guys going to game get to enjoy it. Normally I would try & get a couple of hours sleep before the game...10pm here, game is at midnight & I start work at 5:30am tomorrow (31 days in to my 35 day hitch) & I cant sleep I am that nervous.

I thought it was 2 o’clock ko I’ve another hour to spare haha. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He did the same to Patterson last season even basically saying he felt he was no where near good enough, so when Coleman got injured he tried every possible scenario to keep Patterson out, until he had no option but to play him, and low and behold he played well and has remained in the starting 11. I do think that sometimes Dyche will cut off his own nose despite his face rather than back down on his first impression of a player, but I also like the fact that he is his own man and stands by his beliefs.  

He is right, Patterson is nowhere near good enough!

I am not quite sure how this goes.

Both teams can't hit a barn door with a banjo. Wolves looked great against United on the transition but a lot of teams will if they continue to play the same way (unlikely now Mount is injured). I have big doubts about whether they will replicate that performance elsewhere. I didn't see last weeks game against Brighton, but we showed last season that Brighton are a team that can be transitioned on and whilst they got battered, it seems they did create some decent chances against them as well. My fear is that we will play into their strengths by being a bit too 'gung ho' as the home team wanting to get our first points on the board. If they score early, the crowd will turn and it will just play more and more into their hands. Cunha in particular was fantastic at using his strength and pace to drag Wolves up the pitch and he will need to be shackled (Onana). Thankfully Nunes is out as he has similar qualities. I am not sure who will play out wide but they are largely all technically excellent but missing that final ball at the moment. 

At the back, whilst I am a Kilman fan, Dawson is creaking, Semedo is an iffy defender at best and Ait-Nori is more of an attacking threat than a defender. Sa is also reckless in goal. If you can turn Wolves over and get at them directly with speed, you can have so much joy. United should have exploited this but messed up the final ball repeatedly and Brighton put them to the sword. I would like to see Maupay (best option) dropping into the hole dragging a centre back out of position and have Danjuma/Dobbin from the left getting past the last man, or Doucoure making his rampaging runs forward. Let Wolves mess around with aimless possession, but when we get it, hit them hard and hit them early on the break. It is a game where Dom would have made such a difference as relying on Maupay is scary. 

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is right, Patterson is nowhere near good enough!

But he was better there than Holgate and Godfrey, but we had to go through a lot of shit and pain before he conceded he had got it totally wrong, and it obvious whether you believe he’s good enough or not he was the best option. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But he was better there than Holgate and Godfrey, but we had to go through a lot of shit and pain before he conceded he had got it totally wrong, and it obvious whether you believe he’s good enough or not he was the best option. 

I'm not sure he is!