• Gana
    • Onana
    • Garner
    • Doucoure
    • Danjuma
    • Beto
    • McNeil
    • Godrey

Beto followed by Braithwaite for me.  Beto bullied the centre backs, looked to take the ball on, play others in and make runs all the time. Great work rate as well.

Braithwaite quality composed performance,  don't see him losing his spot now.

Pickford of course saved us again and overall had a solid game throughout. 

Patterson looked much better today also, got forward well and did well at the back though their attacking players put us under no pressure when they lost the ball.

Pickford made an outstanding save to save us.

Onana was the player I really want him to be.

Gana was Gana.

Beto is making feel in love with football again. What an attitude! It’s like Niasse with ability.

But today I’m going with a player that may have gone unnoticed, Iwobi… shit sorry I mean Branthwaite. Solid all game, but also tidy. This lad has more ability than people realise.

Nice to have a game where there is plenty of candidates for MotM and none who really had stinkers. 

Had to be Beto, he looks a real handful, physically, with pace and decent technique. He definately gives the team bite in the final third. 

I think with three strikers, at the club with some similar attributes at long last team maybe able to build around an identity going forward. 

Branthwaite but could have been Gueye, Onana, Beto or Pickford in my opinion.

I’m glad Patterson got his assist - so much to like about him but he always seems to be involved in the big moments against - he’s hopefully going to benefit from having a proper wide-man (hopefully Harrison) in front of him eventually. Same can be said about Young too to be fair.

Beto, for me, had to listen on talk sports commentary as we were driving, the commentators were singing his praises all game, looks like he will give us some aggression up front.

Pickford with a couple of excellent saves, expected really and Branthwaite  carried on from a decent showing on Wednesday.

Overall I'd say there were a lot of positives from the performance here.  The main negative would be we give away too many chances.

A lot of the improvement was down to having a hard working strong forward leading the line who can receive the ball but while Danjuma got a lot of criticism for errors you could see he will thrive on a player like Beto, he was always looking to make runs for him which is just what Beto needs.  We looked to move it forward quickly, got players in the box and you could see what they were trying to do.

Still a bit of a lack of end product or final ball at times but there were some real positives.

Unfortunately, we've squandered chances to win 3 of the easier fixtures in the league whilst trying to get to this position and will have to produce another surprise win against Arsenal if we are to pick up our first 3 points next game.  (4 wins in our last 6 says we have a chance!)