IGNORED

Newcastle 7th December 2024 (Home)

Matt

• Everton have lost five of their past six Premier League games against Newcastle, as many as they had in their previous 24 against them.

• Newcastle won this exact fixture 4-1 last season and are looking to secure back-to-back away league victories against Everton for the first time since a run of three between 1958 and 1960.

• Having won three of their first four Premier League home games under Sean Dyche, Everton have won just two of their past 12 at Goodison Park, with both of those victories coming against Bournemouth.

• Newcastle’s Callum Wilson has scored eight goals in his past eight Premier League away games. He has also scored four doubles against Everton in the competition (including in each of his past two away games against them), with only Harry Kane (six) and Alan Shearer (five) scoring multiple goals against the Toffees more often in the Premier League.

• Everton have opened the scoring in four of their past five Premier League matches, and have yet to lose when scoring first in the competition under Sean Dyche.

• No team has failed to score in more different Premier League home games than Everton so far this season (four). All eight of their goals at Goodison Park in all competitions this term (five in the Premier League and three in the Carabao Cup) have been scored by different players.

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It doesn't even need to be a fair tackle as far as I'm concerned, just not red card worthy.

A fair tackle is less provocative and more demoralising. If he gets snapped they'll get riled up more than if its a good fair tackle. 

difficult to call this game really - we are playing well generally and confidence is good. Again, think its going to come down to the our finishing, lets hope the law of averages kick in and some of our better chances hit the back of the net. As great as away wins are, there is nothing like home wins in front of a packed house.    

I went to this fixture back in April. It was my second time at Goodison, and definitely my last. The atmosphere outside ahead of kick off was incredible, the brick was shoulder to shoulder and buzzing. 

And then we got absolutely trounced and I left before the whistle blew because I was so fed up.

Please let this be a different story 🙃

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • Everton have lost five of their past six Premier League games against Newcastle, as many as they had in their previous 24 against them.

• Newcastle won this exact fixture 4-1 last season and are looking to secure back-to-back away league victories against Everton for the first time since a run of three between 1958 and 1960.

• Having won three of their first four Premier League home games under Sean Dyche, Everton have won just two of their past 12 at Goodison Park, with both of those victories coming against Bournemouth.

• Newcastle’s Callum Wilson has scored eight goals in his past eight Premier League away games. He has also scored four doubles against Everton in the competition (including in each of his past two away games against them), with only Harry Kane (six) and Alan Shearer (five) scoring multiple goals against the Toffees more often in the Premier League.

• Everton have opened the scoring in four of their past five Premier League matches, and have yet to lose when scoring first in the competition under Sean Dyche.

• No team has failed to score in more different Premier League home games than Everton so far this season (four). All eight of their goals at Goodison Park in all competitions this term (five in the Premier League and three in the Carabao Cup) have been scored by different players.

Newcastle’s Callum Wilson has scored eight goals in his past eight Premier League away games. He has also scored four doubles against Everton in the competition (including in each of his past two away games against them)

good job he's injured then!

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Hopefully Ashley Young performs a leg breaking tackle on Gordon to get sent off.

In fact, just as proper hard tackle to sent off would do.

In fact, if he could just get sent off.

In fact, if he could just never play for us again.

At least if he only picks up a booking he'll miss our next game.

Go on, Ashley, you know you want to.

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

I know we all want to see a change at FB. So I am prob stating the obvious but I'd love to see Seamis play...against Gordon is just the better fit...he's got experience, he knows how we feel about Gordon and the importance of not letting him score. 

Mate do you not remember the blow ups between Patto and Gordon. I bet Patto has been waiting to absolutely flatten him, ai sure hope he does!

Plus we are going to need someone with pace.

6 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Hopefully Ashley Young performs a leg breaking tackle on Gordon to get sent off.

In fact, just as proper hard tackle to sent off would do.

In fact, if he could just get sent off.

In fact, if he could just never play for us again.

I assume you know about self-fullfilling prophecy? 10 men against that lot I do not want.